Late Friday Night...Anyone here...????

Options

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Hey, Theresa35, I just read your profile.
    When do you start classes. Very cool. Good luck.
    What specifically are you studying (do you know yet?)
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i actually missed it too, i was out hiking all afternoon, and then watched Vantage Point when i got home, so i missed the antics. gotta make up for it i guess :drinker: :devil: :smokin: :drinker:

Weren't you supposed to be in the show???

If so, you'd better run the next time you see Ali, cause she will have a big ole hose with your name on it...:laugh:
    i left her a present in her comments :tongue: she'll forgive
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

My classes are starting the 26th, except I'm freaking out bc I haven't gotten my confirmation email regarding my financial aid. I'm signed up to take Math 118 and Public Speaking.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i was busy out here today
    IMG_0068.jpg
  • Theresa35
    Options
    i actually missed it too, i was out hiking all afternoon, and then watched Vantage Point when i got home, so i missed the antics. gotta make up for it i guess :drinker: :devil: :smokin: :drinker:

Weren't you supposed to be in the show???

If so, you'd better run the next time you see Ali, cause she will have a big ole hose with your name on it...:laugh:
    i left her a present in her comments :tongue: she'll forgive

Good planning ahead! Very smart man...
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    dang hate when that happens
  • Theresa35
    Options
    i was busy out here today
    IMG_0068.jpg

bummer can't see it...:grumble:
  • Theresa35
    Options

At least you've figured out how to post pics, I tried the other day and had the damndest time. Still haven't gotten it right...:angry:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

My classes are starting the 26th, except I'm freaking out bc I haven't gotten my confirmation email regarding my financial aid. I'm signed up to take Math 118 and Public Speaking.

(fingers crossed about financial aid).
    Whoo hoo for you. Those sound like very do-able courses. Good luck. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. I have a pretty busy next 2 months, but I'm all about supporting education:smile:

I learned at age 34 I have a math learning disability -- but somehow I made it through calc 2, and I started at Math 95 when I went back to school.
  • alifelessevident
    Options

At least you've figured out how to post pics, I tried the other day and had the damndest time. Still haven't gotten it right...:angry:
    it seems to be touch and go with photobucket, sometimes it'll work fine other times not working, and then a few of the ladies on here are pros at it and fix it in a second to make ya feel not so smart :happy:
  • Theresa35
    Options

(fingers crossed about financial aid).
    Whoo hoo for you. Those sound like very do-able courses. Good luck. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. I have a pretty busy next 2 months, but I'm all about supporting education:smile:

I learned at age 34 I have a math learning disability -- but somehow I made it through calc 2, and I started at Math 95 when I went back to school.

Thanks! If you made it through Calc2 I don't think you are disabled at all!!!! :laugh:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
  • Theresa35
    Options
    [/quote] it seems to be touch and go with photobucket, sometimes it'll work fine other times not working, and then a few of the ladies on here are pros at it and fix it in a second to make ya feel not so smart :happy:
    [/quote]

Tell me about it, all you have to do is mention someone or something and BAM they've already got at least one pic up. :laugh:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    was a great hike, although its been a bit of a drought so all the water levels are low, so the waterfalls aren't as mighty as usual, but still very nice:smile:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

Thanks! If you made it through Calc2 I don't think you are disabled at all!!!! :laugh:

Oh, yeah, five hours a week with a tutor, seeing the professor during office hours every day, and 20 (!!!) hours a week doing the homework for that course alone....I barely pulled a passing score. Then they tested me. :laugh: Oh, well, that explains a lot in my struggles in math in high school.

Anyway - I know you'll do fine. But in the unlikely event you run into struggles I'm a very sympathetic ear.:happy:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    was a great hike, although its been a bit of a drought so all the water levels are low, so the waterfalls aren't as mighty as usual, but still very nice:smile:

Oohhh, waterfalls, very pretty
  • Theresa35
    Options

Oh, yeah, five hours a week with a tutor, seeing the professor during office hours every day, and 20 (!!!) hours a week doing the homework for that course alone....I barely pulled a passing score. Then they tested me. :laugh: Oh, well, that explains a lot in my struggles in math in high school.

Anyway - I know you'll do fine. But in the unlikely event you run into struggles I'm a very sympathetic ear.:happy:

YIKES!!! Thanks for the support. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Well jl and alfie, I think I'm going to call it a day so I might still have some change on getting my lazy tushy out of bed in the morning and going to the Y.

Good night!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options

YIKES!!! Thanks for the support. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

How long is your program?