any ideas for a substitute for mayo in tuna fish sandwich?!?

Options
I like to make tuna fish sandwiches for work they are easy and don't take much to make. The only problem I have is I like hellman's mayo and it is loaded with fat.......any suggestions of what actually tastes good that I could use instead of hellman's?!? Thank you in advance =)

Replies

• CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna with either salsa or a combination of buffalo sauce, fat free bleu cheese dressing, and diced celery. The second option is pretty high in sodium, but they both taste really good!.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    a little mustard or greek yugurt or hummus
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Kraft fat free?
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    A friend of mine uses greek yogurt but that just sounds disgusting to me. She claims it is the best thing since sliced bread but I seriously refus to try it.
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have used the olive oil based mayo same fat as the lights but tastes way better. It is pretty good to me, but does take a little getting used to and if you use too much it is really strong.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The Hellmans' half the fat is actually pretty good.

I have also tried it with low fat calorie wise ranch dressing also good.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    we switched to Kraft Fat Free Mayo
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with a little low fat mayo.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Light Olive Oil Mayo from Hellman's? It isn't AS bad as the regular stuff and taste just as good, if not better.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Extra Light mayo isnt too bad. Are in UK? I use Heinz sandwich spread light. Its really tasty but I dont think the calories are much different to extra light mayo.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more variety with tuna....I love these suggestions....
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    olive oil mayo is awesome!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Maybe greek yogurt?

My mother in law uses stuff called veganaise. Not sure the caloric content, but it tastes close to Mayo.
  • sdickman
    sdickman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like the Kraft mayo made with Olive Oil. It is reduced fat from regular mayo.
  • tmccarrick
    Options
    Helman' makes a low fat... 15 cal and 1 gram fat in a tbsp
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    have you tried hellamans light mayo i know its not the same i do love my mayo too but i stared having this for my lunch with tuna and sweetcorn and its 40cal a TBSP so since tuna tin is around 99cal light mayo 40cals and sweetcorn 55cals and i have them on 3 corncrakers which are 80cals thats only 274cals its good for a lunch i think :o)
  • KatieChapin
    Options
    I grew up on Helman's...now that I'm an adult I usually use the Kraft light. It still has flavor and half of the fat.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I always use greek yogurt :smile:
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    some people add relish
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i just cover it with HOT sauce ..