any ideas for a substitute for mayo in tuna fish sandwich?!?

Options

Replies

• BlueEyesAllDay
    Options
    I've heard of people mixing it with mustard
  • jderry75
    jderry75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I mix it with mustard and sweet relish, or else fat free ranch. But the mustard and relish is my favorite!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Italian salad dressing tastes pretty good with tuna. I also tried salsa in the past but it takes some getting used to lol.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like to make tuna fish sandwiches for work they are easy and don't take much to make. The only problem I have is I like hellman's mayo and it is loaded with fat.......any suggestions of what actually tastes good that I could use instead of hellman's?!? Thank you in advance =)

I've heard plain greek yogurt works well.
  • goodbye_wait
    goodbye_wait Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have a friend that uses greek yogurt in her tuna...never tried it with tuna myself but I do eat greek yogurt all the time with other stuff. It is really good and is very filling. Another option for tuna is Laughing Cow cheese wedges.....35 calories for the lite kind...
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Helman' makes a low fat... 15 cal and 1 gram fat in a tbsp

I use this and love it!
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    A friend of mine uses greek yogurt but that just sounds disgusting to me. She claims it is the best thing since sliced bread but I seriously refus to try it.

I'm with you on that. That taste like a mouth full of sour milk to me. Just cant't aquire a taste for it.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt with mustard powder a bit of seasoning salt. The mustard powder makes it creamier tasting.
  • netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Spicy mustard! It may sound gross but it's actually not that bad.
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    sirachi!!!!! or balsamic vinegar... and i know this sounds gross.. but it is sooo good... ketchup,diced onion and worcestershire sauce and mix with tuna , place a tablespoon on a pice of bread(of your choosing)and sprinkle a little bit of fat free cheddar on and broil... delicious!!!!!:smile:
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I use the lower fat, light mayo. I only use about 1/2 tbs with a whole can of tuna, just enough so it's not dry but not so much where it's all I taste because I don't use mayo with anything else. I also add in some cracked pepper.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft low fat Mircale Whip. YUM! 1TBS = 20cals

sweet pickle relish 1 or 2 tsp

Yellow mustard 1/2 tsp

Hard boiled egg white 1 (no yolk)

4 or 5 oz can of Tuna of your choice.

sometime I dice celery and onion in it too, and carrots. whatever you like.

Eat it roll up on Long leaf Romane Lettuce with tomato chunks.

Now I'm hungry!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    HAIN SAFFLOWER MAYO.....

CAN BE PURCHASED AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE, WHOLE FOODS

http://truefoodsmarket.com/safflower-mayonnaise-24-ozs.html
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Hot sauce has too much sodium :(
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I post a recipe a while back..... I'll see if I can find. :)

Alright well I couldn't find it but I add:
    non fat greek yogurt, mustard, chipotle tobasco sauce, pepper, lemon juice and sometimes onion.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've used a light swiss Laughing Cow Cheese wedge with a few sprays of a Wishbone Salad Spritzer...not as creamy as your typical mayo, but still good. I would use plain greek yogurt if I had it on hand. Mustard is a good idea too!
  • troythegeek
    Options
    I don't care for mayo and always use Miracle Whip. The Lite Miracle Whip is something like 20 calories a Tbsp I think. I don't use more than that when I mix it up so it really works for me. Add lettuce and tomato and some low calorie bread and yummy!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use fat free italian dressing, reg or zesty.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Italian salad dressing tastes pretty good with tuna. I also tried salsa in the past but it takes some getting used to lol.

This, and there are soo many yummy light/FF options for Italian dressing now! Two tablespoons of light (40cals) goes great in one can of tuna. Sometimes I take the top off the tuna, drizzle the dressing into the can and just eat it right out of the can!
  • Katsiskr
    Katsiskr Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Nasoya Nayonaise. It has 45 calories for 1 tablespoon. It tastes exactly the same as the real stuff.