What is the hardest time of day for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any time from 6:30 until bed time. Dinner time has always been the hardest for me, every time I try to lose weight. I always want to snack while I'm cooking, then I tend to go back for seconds after eating dinner. Then I always want ice cream or chocolate milk afterwards. After I finish eating I just have to go do something immediately to distract me... it works well enough!
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    The afternoon is always hard for me! After lunch, I'm always looking forward to my next snack and constantly eat random things like nuts. ugghh lol
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    In the evening before bed. It seems like my resistance to eat bad things is really low when I am tired. So I should just GO to BED!
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For me it is for sure the hours between 3:00 and 6:00 I have the hardest time then I have tried everything! I sometimes think If I could lock myself away from all food at those times the weight would fall off. hmmm...
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean about the candy. I just made chocolate star cookies and of course had to "sample" the stars!!! Now those are in the house- but not for long! I am taking them to work!!! BTW. the cookies are for a party at work- go figure!!!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Anywhere around 7 to midnight.
    I get crazy.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I know that for me, staying on track in the afternoon after lunch and in the evening right before bed is really hard for me. It is during those times that I am most likely to binge or at least "cheat".

If you have a hard time of day, what do you do to help yourself get through it?
    Glad I am not alone in that. When I am not paying attention to my eating habbits, I could eat a day's worth of calories right before bed! Even now I have to try and keep calories free for the evening just so I can afford a light snack. I wish I could fight this!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    every single day for as long as I can remeber I get an uncontrollable desire for chocolate about 3:00. Still havnt figured out how to controll it other than to make sure its never available when I want/need it!!

I really crave an afternoon sugar hit too, so now I make sure I have a snack planned so I don't go looking for chocolate :)
    I factor in a muesli bar, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, cheese and crackers - something healthy-ish to have in the afternoon.