Today's doctor visit was the best victory that I could imagi

Options
kkellam1
kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
Today was an absolute victory for me and I am so excited to celebrate it here! 12 weeks ago my doctor sent me out into the world to lose 100 pounds. Diabetes was a word that was discussed in my bloodwork and that scared the bejeezus out of me. I have been on blood pressure and cholesterol meds for the better part of 20 years, with increasing dosages as time progressed. I peaked at 305 pounds on February 2nd of this year. February 9th, I decided to make a change. Joined MFP and started to get my act together.

I went back to the doctor for the first time today and the reaction I got almost reduced this grown man to tears. My nurse of 25 years was stunned and gave me the biggest hug ever! When my doctor walked in and read my chart, she paused and reread it. "Wow.........ummmm..........wow!" was all she said, then she read it again. 25 years with this doctor and I have never seen her speechless...until today. Needless to say, the results were good.

55 pounds gone. Every blood test was in line. She even showed me a panel of 31 blood tests and EVERY number was in the good range. Some can still improve. Some have fluctuated a bit (I had an interim test done elsewhere that she had not seen). As of today, I am now on the lowest dosage of cholesterol medication that I have ever been on. She actually said that my cholesterol could use to be a bit HIGHER.

The best compliment ever was as I was leaving. I heard the doctor say to a colleague, holding out my chart, "you've got to see this!" My doctor told me that this is the type of thing that gives a physician a truly satisfied feeling. Satisfied? Her? How do you think I felt?!?

I once told my best MFP friend that I would not post pictures until I hit 75 pounds lost. I decided to add some to this post anyway just because I need to celebrate the victory. Not that I am done. Still another 50 to go (at least). But I have absolutely no doubt that I will get there. To those who have encouraged me along the way, thank you so very much! Your support and kind words have helped me more than you might imagine. I can only hope that somehow I can pass that help along.

WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY!

Here are two fairly embarrassing "before" pictures (I hope they show up, I haven't posted pics before):

100_0797.jpg
DSC_5500.jpg

Here is one from a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time that I could truly see a difference in myself.

IMG_0993.jpg

And, finally, here is some data on my weight loss so far. These are my weekly weigh-in's.

(the column on the right is one that I projected and is my target for June 1st. Hopefully, I will be close)

ChartApril26.jpg

Here is my bloodwork, showing the "before" results, then 6 weeks in, then today at 12 weeks. The purple is the goal from my doctor.

bloodwork.jpg

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I cant see your pics but big congrats to you! Thats amazing when you can amaze a doctor :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    that's an amazing doctor story. you should be so proud!

the pics are not loading for me though
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!
    I'm so happy for you! :)
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So...who can tell me why the pics didn't show up? I copied and pasted the IMG code and changed it to lowercase on both ends of the code.
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Simply Awesome! You are an inspiration.:smile:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • EnlessDayDreamer
    Options
    Congrats on the wight loss!!!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Wow...first congrats on a massive weight loss in just 12 weeks. Second and more importantly, congrats on your new and healthy lifestyle!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wow! No comments on how fast you lost the weight? I suppose if all the tests came back good there would be no need.
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!! ::HUGS::

I'm pretty speechless too. You are amazing ^_^
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story wish we could see the photos though:bigsmile:
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story. You should be proud of yourself.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Gosh, that must feel so good!
    I wanna see!!!! (also, your dog is freaking adorable!)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are incredible and congratualtions!!! Very inspiring!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    WOW congrats! you can complete your goal! good luck!
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! It is amazing when your doctor is speechless. :) I wish i could see your pictures!
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    Today was an absolute victory for me and I am so excited to celebrate it here! 12 weeks ago my doctor sent me out into the world to lose 100 pounds. Diabetes was a word that was discussed in my bloodwork and that scared the bejeezus out of me. I have been on blood pressure and cholesterol meds for the better part of 20 years, with increasing dosages as time progressed. I peaked at 305 pounds on February 2nd of this year. February 9th, I decided to make a change. Joined MFP and started to get my act together.

I went back to the doctor for the first time today and the reaction I got almost reduced this grown man to tears. My nurse of 25 years was stunned and gave me the biggest hug ever! When my doctor walked in and read my chart, she paused and reread it. "Wow.........ummmm..........wow!" was all she said, then she read it again. 25 years with this doctor and I have never seen her speechless...until today. Needless to say, the results were good.

55 pounds gone. Every blood test was in line. She even showed me a panel of 31 blood tests and EVERY number was in the good range. Some can still improve. Some have fluctuated a bit (I had an interim test done elsewhere that she had not seen). As of today, I am now on the lowest dosage of cholesterol medication that I have ever been on. She actually said that my cholesterol could use to be a bit HIGHER.

The best compliment ever was as I was leaving. I heard the doctor say to a colleague, holding out my chart, "you've got to see this!" My doctor told me that this is the type of thing that gives a physician a truly satisfied feeling. Satisfied? Her? How do you think I felt?!?

I once told my best MFP friend that I would not post pictures until I hit 75 pounds lost. I decided to add some to this post anyway just because I need to celebrate the victory. Not that I am done. Still another 50 to go (at least). But I have absolutely no doubt that I will get there. To those who have encouraged me along the way, thank you so very much! Your support and kind words have helped me more than you might imagine. I can only hope that somehow I can pass that help along.

WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY!

Here are two fairly embarrassing "before" pictures (I hope they show up, I haven't posted pics before):

100_0797.jpg
    DSC_5500.jpg
    Here is one from a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time that I could truly see a difference in myself.

IMG_0993.jpg

And, finally, here is some data on my weight loss so far. These are my weekly weigh-in's.

(the column on the right is one that I projected and is my target for June 1st. Hopefully, I will be close)

ChartApril26.jpg

Here is my bloodwork, showing the "before" results, then 6 weeks in, then today at 12 weeks. The purple is the goal from my doctor.

bloodwork.jpg

What an amazing day. I do not even know you and as I was reading it I was crying...Be very proud...Great job!!
  • denacutrone
    Options
    amazing! kudos to you! keep up the great work!
  • denacutrone
    Options
    amazing! kudos to you! keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!