Crock Pot Cheeseburgers! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I might do this, but I would add in a cup or 2 of pinto beans (fiber), take out the velveeta, and just add a slice of cheese on the burger itself. Usually we just buy a box of hamburgers from sams club, but this would be a nice change.
  • genevievemason
    genevievemason Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yummy sounding! :bigsmile:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    sounds good!!!!!!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    Bump
  • bridgeville
    bridgeville Posts: 43
    Options
    bump, sounds great
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    HMMMM!!!!! I am totally doing this for dinner for tomorrow night for dinner!! Thanks!!
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    sounds good :) and i think my kids will like it !
    152322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sounds good and kid friendly!
  • shaffer8705
    shaffer8705 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so going to thave to try this. I am addicted to cheeseburgers!:love:
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night... My picky hubby said it didn't even sound good. Then he actually tried it, and liked it! I thought it was wonderful!

Thanks so much for the idea!
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    my sister and i have been making this recipe for years, we found it on www.skinnyweek.com a ww recipe website. The kids and hubbys love it and it taste lke mcdonalds lol.. what a great recipe to share! :D
  • kmlt08
    kmlt08 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying that if you want a pretty dish, this isn't the one for you. This isn't pretty at all. It's a mess, but a good yummy delicious mess.

Here's the thing, I love McDonald cheeseburgers. I know, shame on me. I haven't had one in ages because, well, I needed to lose weight (probably because all I ate when I was pregnant with my daughter was McDonald's cheeseburgers :blushing:) And, I haven't had one recently (even though i'm pregnant), is because I just think McDonald's is not the healthiest thing on the planet and i'm trying not to weigh three gazillion pounds at the end of this pregnancy. When my friend Michelle gave me this recipe I got all sorts of excited because it's somewhat low in calories, it's homemade, and it's DELICIOUS! It kind of does taste like a McD's cheeseburger believe it or not! Here's the 411 on how to make it. Easiest recipe on the planet!

You will need:

1 1/2 Pounds Lean (96/4) Ground Beef
    1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
    1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
    2 Tablespoons Skim Milk
    1 Cup Chopped Onion
    2 Cloves Garlic
    1 Tablespoon Prepared Mustard (I did not use mustard because I HATE mustard)
    1 Tablespoon Dill Relish
    8 oz. Velveeta Light Cheese

Grab a skillet and brown that beef:

s220248227.jpg

Spray the crock pot with cooking spray and throw the beef in the crock pot:

s220248230.jpg

Add the Garlic Salt, Black Pepper and the Skim Milk:

s220248233.jpg

Add the onions on top:

s220248234.jpg

Then the garlic (the garlic is minced here, but I mince and freeze garlic for easy cooking so that's why it looks like that):

s220248237.jpg

Add the relish and Velveeta cheese (nom):

s220248243.jpg

Now take a spoon and mix it all up :bigsmile:

s220248244.jpg

Close the crock pot with lid and cook on high for 2 or 3 hours or low for, I don't know how long. Until all the cheese melts!

It will look like this, ugly. But it won't matter because it will smell good. You will forget about ugly.

s220248247.jpg

I didn't have any sandwich thins, but if I did, I would have used them. I did have hamburger buns, so I used that instead. I added some ketchup on mine. But you, YOU can add whatever you want! Tomatoes, lettuce, whatev!

s220248245.jpg

This makes 10 (1/3 cup) servings @ 181 Calories. Add a sandwich thin and you have a 281 calorie cheeseburger! NOM NOM NOM!

Enjoy! :heart:

Yum! I need to make this! :D
  • ababygrace
    ababygrace Posts: 123
    Options
    This looks great. Not ugly one bit.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just made it today...not bad.
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    I HATE relish...can you taste it at all or should I just omit it. THANKS! :)
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Picking up the ingredients on my way home tonight!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I HATE relish...can you taste it at all or should I just omit it. THANKS! :)

I do too - so I think when I make it I will chop up dill pickles and throw them in to replace the relish. So I'm asking too - is it really important to put them in? And would chopped up dill pickles taste good in it?
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yum