Itchy skin when losing weight??

Options

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have very itchy skiny, I drink LOTS of water and use coconut oil.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It happened to me when I was eating too little fat in my diet. i needed to up my water and use lots of moisturizers. And, my dermatologist said, just eat more fat (not too many calories, just up the fat content).

Aloe spray helps too. But check to see if something else is going on. Right now it is raining but I've been taking a lot of baths and the air is dry from our woodstove and my skin is itching because of that.

Good luck.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How very strange, my stomach has started itching recently and its the first time in how long that im losing stomach fat. I dont have stretch marks on my stomach though, so its not that. Strange one.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm getting this increasingly with every pound! I'm trying bio oil as it is around my stretch marks.

....will also make me drink more water too I guess :blushing:
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I had this happen as well and I was already drinking a ton of water a day.
    It only seemed to happen at intervals of weight loss when my body shape was changing. Thankfully mine wasn't too bad though. It happens once and a while now but not as often as before.
    Like other posters just keep the water up.
  • jessicakinslow
    Options
    My skin has been itching too...I have only lost about five pounds but have already lost a pant/dress size...I went from a 4-6 to a small size 4 because I have toned up a lot and lost a lot of fatty tissue, particularly around my butt and waist. I have a very large rear-end and as it has started drastically shrinking, it won't stop itching...Also, I drink a lot of water and eat a ton of fat, at least 30%...I cannot find a lotion or a supplement that helps...this seems to be a fairly common problem... if there is anyone who can help this total discomfort, it would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely~J
  • cdl67
    cdl67 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was having some kind of weird allergic reaction but I've made no chances in body care/clothing care products so I was at a loss. Was trying lotion, maybe I'll try to kick up the water a bit...drinking water, not lotion :)
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    someone once told me the fat in the body is reducing so you tend to feel this itchy feeling after any type of fat burning exercise.
    hope this helps.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread - I itch like crazy! I hope it means fat is going, I could do with it. Will try to drink even more an will look for a moisturiser when I shop next.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Wow, My user name is pkw58 and I have had the itchy skin syndrome as well! Like many others, more water, more foods with the right typeof fat - avocado and salmon - in my daily nutrition helps. I use that spray on oil from Nuxe as well once or twice a week. and I just keep drinking more water. I never miss eating at least two servings of yogurt a day either.

I am using curticle oil morning and night these days. I think maintaining a healthy weight means watching all the signs of what my body needs - all calories might be created equal as far as extending energy, but not when it comes to having a total functioning healthy body. Itchy skin might mean healing skin, but for me at my goal weight it means paying attention to what I eat to make sure ALL my body organs are getting what they need!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm working out I start to itch, and it drives me crazy but I try to drink a lot of water, and my skin in general is already SUPER dry, and the only thing that I can use that doesn't bug me is Palmers Cocoa Butter
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump...need a solution for my itching that does not include meds
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been having this too. I'm drinking a lot of water (at least 80 oz) and keep moisturized, so I'm not dry. Still my stretch marks itch. I hope that means they are shrinking. This morning I rubbed a piece of aloe all over. It really helped. Also, I decided to wear a slimming tank this morning, to hopefully continue and promite skin tightening.

I'm going to try the aloe twice a day.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Wow, just looked for this. The stretch marks area is itching like crazy, even though I have applied cream. Another site suggests it is nutritional deficiency either iron or B6.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize

Olive oil works WONDERS...as does Coconut oil...and pure olive oil and coconut oil are not fragranced..and they are not heavy. They absord into the skin quickly..and they leave your skin amazingly soft.

and cocoa butter
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I also thought I was having an allergic reaction, but only the stretch mark areas itch. Lucky I found this post. :)
  • jessica81013
    Options
    I am sooo glad I found this post!! I had my son about 2 months ago- gained a ridiculous amount of weight when I was pregnant and as soon as I started losing the weight...the itching started!!! My legs, sides, back, stomach...scratching myself raw! I noticed that once I start scratching I get little raised bumps on my skin...no clue why. The doctors thought I was allergic to the Percocet from after my cesarean!! Desperately seeking relief!!!!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wondering if for some members, its a food intolerance/sensitivity. When eating healthier we change what we eat. It is possible a new healthy food item that you're now eating regularly is the trigger. Also have you changed your clothes detergents? Enzymes, and some other ingredients, can be triggers as well.
  • fashionosack
    Options
    This is a seasonal dermatitis. Dieting to lose weight when I've also had, is itching.
    The doctor said bathing do not use soap, too alkaline, hurt the skin, shower gel, bath points can later be painted cream.
    But this may not cure my itch consecutive years, every year in August and September, when the limbs itch, but this does not itch, I do not know why.
  • MRex21
    Options
    I have noticed this too. I recently began losing weight again, and stretchmarks on my stomach began itching. I drink about a gallon of water a day, so I don't think it's due to dehydration. I'm hoping it's a sign of fat cells shrinking, or related to dropping pounds, in some way.

There's a dearth of information on the internet.