Pisses me off....

Options
13»

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    yeah, it's annoying. 14 people asked me if i watched the wedding, and i was like....do i look like i give a crap about princesses and weddings?? NO! it's lame, and i'm not looking forward to going back to work and having to hear everyone talk about it again :(
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As they say "Life goes on"
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    yeah, it's annoying. 14 people asked me if i watched the wedding, and i was like....do i look like i give a crap about princesses and weddings?? NO! it's lame, and i'm not looking forward to going back to work and having to hear everyone talk about it again :(

I do agree. I cannot wait until its all over and I don't have to hear about it anymore.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    As for being referred to as a she.. meh... I got a lot of *kitten* for joining this site because it mostly populated with women (please do not question this or tear it apart as I am quoting a few MALE friends of mine) No worries....

I really was not looking to argue any points peeps just a RANT off my chest. I do see why some people are super hesitant to post anything opinion related on here but that will not stop me. :noway:

Thanks to everyone for posting a comment though!

Happy Friday! :drinker:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    As for being referred to as a she.. meh... I got a lot of *kitten* for joining this site because it mostly populated with women (please do not question this or tear it apart as I am quoting a few MALE friends of mine) No worries....
    Not flaming...but your friend isn't very smart. Wouldn't you like to find a bar with this kind of female to male ratio? woo.gif
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Not flaming...but your friend isn't very smart. Wouldn't you like to find a bar with this kind of female to male ratio? woo.gif

I think most men would have to agree with you including myself. :glasses:
  • binary_jester
    Options

I think most men would have to agree with you including myself. :glasses:
    beer2.gif
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all. It's a big deal for our friends on the other side of the pond and even a big deal on this side. I haven't watched the coverage...it's just not my "thing."

I cried some watching the coverage of the tornadoes. Yes, we have tragedies, but the good and bad in life goes on regardless. I do a lot of EMS and see a lot of tragedy. I see people on the worst day of their lives sometimes. I've worked on people that I know will probably die regardless of what I do or how fast I get them to the hospital. Worse yet, I've worked on them while their family watches on hopefully. I've learned to compartmentalize things, otherwise, I'd lose my mind.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I've removed/edited some inflammatory posts. Please remember to keep the discussion respectful. :wink:

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I think if this wedding can bring a smile to someone during a time that's not so great then that's great. This wedding is a nice break from all the sad, depressing, murder, death that the news has on a daily basis. My heart goes out to the people in the South as it does in Japan and other places in the world that have been struck by natural disasters lately but that won't stop me from being excited for the wedding. It seems like when something bad happens the news stops covering it in less than a week...what about the poor Japanese? People have slowly forgotten what took place not too long ago. This wedding will come and go and people will forget and the news coverage will latch it's death grip on something new.

This site has been nothing but complaining the last week...why can't people just be happy? Look for the positive in things that aren't making them happy? People complaining about how much this wedding is costing...the flip side look at how much money has been brought to the UK by tourists! I know someone who literally booked a plane ticket Monday and left Tuesday. The flood of news...imagine how many people news groups bring with them! Hundreds in one group. There's pluses for everything. The financial boom of this wedding is gonna be good for England.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    There was a wedding? Who got married?

Just kidding.

Around the office, several of the ladies are all excited about it. (Its kind of fun to see people happy, I'm not going to spoil their day.) I'm guessing they're giddy for a couple of reasons. First, its a _WEDDING_. Most people and especially women love a good wedding. Second, there's a real-life bona-fide prince and princess (okay, duke and duchess). You have any idea as to how many women dreamed of fairy tale princess weddings when they were little girls?

I imagine that several women secretly wish they owned a tiara and have a prince to marry them.
    Meanwhile, guys, let's face it. We're secretly wondering if there's an open bar at the reception. :)
    Too funny!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I see your point and completely understand you, but sometimes it's nice to take your mind off all the BAD news and enjoy something happy and fun... it's only a couple hours of one morning... if you don't like it, change the channel!

It was on ALL the channels this morning and all the radio stations to boot!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I see your point and completely understand you, but sometimes it's nice to take your mind off all the BAD news and enjoy something happy and fun... it's only a couple hours of one morning... if you don't like it, change the channel!

It was on ALL the channels this morning and all the radio stations to boot!
    LOL that reminds me of when I was a kid and the presidential speeches were on ALL 3 CHANNELS!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I know!

My prayers to the victims as well.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    LOL that reminds me of when I was a kid and the presidential speeches were on ALL 3 CHANNELS!
    Yes! We could change it to 9 or 11 or 13, but they weren't *really* channels, were they? And we woke up on Sunday morning to put on cartoons (the good ones, with all the violence and cigarette-smoking they could cram in there) because they weren't on 24 hours a day. But at a certain time, the cartoons ended and on came those boring news guys with their boring forum about boring current topics. Ack. You could always plug in the Atari and play Pong.

pong - PING - puh-pong - PING - pong - puh-PING

Those were the days.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Saw this today...the is heart-wrenching.

7lH6X.jpg
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, those of us who live here in the South take care of each other and are deeply committed to helping our neighbors. You would not believe the level of volunteering that happens during these tragedies. Next week marks the 1 yr anniv of the huge 2010 Nashville flood (and the storms this week brought back terrible memories for lots of Tennesseans), and I'm reminded of the tremendous generosity and volunteer spirit of local people, despite the fact that there was little news coverage of the disaster at the national level. Wednesday was really scary, but I didn't lose anyone or any more than a few trees, so I just can't speak for those who have suffered or imagine how life is upside down for so many in Alabama. But I know, without a doubt, people will be mobilizing today to help their neighbors. They'll give money and, more importantly, they'll be volunteering for cleanup crews in those neighborhoods or where they're needed. So I don't mind if the wedding is on all TV channels today - the real work is already happening.
    :heart:
  • Becca_007
    Options
    RodneyKing.jpg
    sadly it seems we can't, whining about something or other on here that is quite small in the big scheme of things in life seems well, sad, and pretty pointless.
  • Becca_007
    Options
    I loved watching the wedding and am having a party this afternoon with the children. What's wrong with having a bit of joy in our lives occasionally? There's all too much doom and gloom.
    Very nicely put, taking a small break from the ugliness in the world never hurt anyone. Having a party with the children sounds lovely and likely something they'll remember doing with Mum!:wink::flowerforyou:

It's simply a light in the midst of all this darkness in the news, nothing wrong with brightening things up a bit. The Royal Wedding is quite a big affair, it's far more than simply a wedding. Many in the US simply don't understand the magnitude of what it represents.

I for one would much prefer some happy moments in my life that bring hope rather than all doom and gloom and sadness that news typically brings.

As was shared, the media presents & represents what the people want.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Missed this thread last Friday.

ITT the OP doesn't understand how TV ratings work.
    TV channels are going to show what americans want to see. Just because you don't fall into that majority doesn't mean they aren't going to show it.
    I'd prefer to never see a baseball game on tv, but ESPN isn't going to take it off because somewhere out there, people watch it.