Options

Replies

• WarriorJayne
    Options
    Im SO there.
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I was planning to start on Monday. I'm very nervous. It will be nice to be part of a group.
  • DavidJPerkins
    DavidJPerkins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me as well,,, I started the C25K a few weeks ago but need the motivation as I am new to running and leveling up to new weeks SLOW.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Week Workout 1 Workout 2 Workout 3
    1 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    2 Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
    3 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
    •Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    •Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
    •Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
    •Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

4 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    •Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    •Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
    •Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    •Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

5 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    •Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
    •Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
    •Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.
    6 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
    •Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
    •Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.
    7 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).
    8 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).
    9 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). The final workout! Congratulations! Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I just complete Week 2 Day 2 so I will be a little farther ahead but any support is appreciated. I should be in week 3 right now but I skipped last week. I need the accountability to stay on track!
  • iowagirl09
    iowagirl09 Posts: 23
    Options
    I try and change up my workout every month and I've been wanting to try this so what the hell. I've never, EVER, been a runner but you've got to start somewhere so I'll give it a shot.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Count me in. I tried it a couple of times, but I am having trouble running. (my old philosophy was why run unless someone is chasing you....LOL). Since I have trouble running, I will bike it and increase my speed when he says 'Run'. Maybe I will be able to start running after the first go through of the C25K. Count me in. I will add you.
  • rachael0008
    rachael0008 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm planning on starting with week one tomorrow! Support would definitely help the motivation! I'm in.
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    im in!...im new do u mind if i add u?
  • imxawesome
    imxawesome Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in, hopefully at least!

I've been wanting to start it, but with school it's been a challenge.

I still have school, but I really need to burn more calories since I'm meeting my favorite band on June 22nd and I obviously want to look super good haha :)

But add me or message me! I'd love the support/offer support!

I'm not sure what days I'll run. Maybe Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.

My Wednesdays are too crowded at the moment.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I just started a slightly different couch to 5k running program last week, one I found in a magazine. It looks similar though, so I'll join if that's ok! I'm going to repeat week one as I've been a bit daft this week and exercised too much, so very achey and don't want to push it further next week. I box as well so can't really afford to be injured!
    Anyway, a question: I can't run outside so have to use the treadmill? Does this give the same sort of effects do you know? ALso, when it says 'run' how fast is appropriate? I tend to go at between 8-9km/h but have no idea if this is jogging, running or whatever!!
  • Jdo13
    Jdo13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried this a little while ago and got off track. I would definitely like to try this out again! I'm game!
  • caligirl86
    caligirl86 Posts: 82
    Options
    Bump..
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 1 of Week 1! I feel awesome!

**I'm running on Sun, Tue, and Thur, BTW :)**
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello Team!

Today is the first day of our 9 week journey. We have a pretty nice size group of participants and I am looking forward to hearing about how each of your journey's progress. I would like everyone to post their progress here (Week 1, Day 1, etc) so we can not only learn from each other but support one another with each step we take. Here is a list of our fellow teammates:

1) Alexmn75
    2) christy_frank
    3) Aetarac
    4) mom2threeQTs
    5) mommy_2_two
    6) Stinastudios
    7) IngeborgB
    8) stephstrege
    9) Jazzysoul
    10) skemery
    11) westgre
    12) mrspart
    13) ShawnaMama
    14) blh408
    15) mvbdh
    16) sheismith
    17) DavidJPerkins
    18) mbowman323
    19) simplysara9
    20) iowagirl09
    21) Dippydog
    22) rachael0008
    23) b1delane
    24) imxawesome
    25) lotteel000
    26) Jdo13
    27) hush7hush
    28) mrstessbowen
    29) k2673452w
    30) tlcAK
    31) sigra

**Disclaimer: Please forgive me if I added someone by mistake or forgot to add someone. Please send me a message and I will correct the mistake.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started a slightly different couch to 5k running program last week, one I found in a magazine. It looks similar though, so I'll join if that's ok! I'm going to repeat week one as I've been a bit daft this week and exercised too much, so very achey and don't want to push it further next week. I box as well so can't really afford to be injured!
    Anyway, a question: I can't run outside so have to use the treadmill? Does this give the same sort of effects do you know? ALso, when it says 'run' how fast is appropriate? I tend to go at between 8-9km/h but have no idea if this is jogging, running or whatever!!

As far I am aware of the program is the same whether you run on a treadmill or outside. From what I've been reading about running you can either run for endurance which is distance or time like for sprints or racing. For me personally, I am running for endurance which means I hope I can just finish. lol I think everyone should judge how fast they want to jog or run. As I get into better shape I definitely want to run faster but for right now I'm just hoping to reach the finish line.
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Count me in. I'm planning on restarting week 1 tomorrow. I did 2 days of the program 3 weeks ago but had to stop. My schedule is going to be mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Good luck everyone!
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day...thanx for the list too!
    Now i know who to encourage!
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • imxawesome
    imxawesome Posts: 9
    Options
    I actually googled C25K and this website that first came up had a modified one for the treadmill.

Here's the link!

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

I'm doing this version too because I have to use the treadmill. So I'll be glad to not be alone!