New Couch to 5K (C25k) - Challenge Starting May 2

Options

Replies

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 complete. I found that I was jogging faster, not just shuffling my feet. I made it a little further, but I think I would have done even better if I hadn't been struggling to fix my HRM durng the walkng parts and to keep my earbuds in on the jogging parts. I signed up to walk my 1st 5k in 2 weeks and jog my first one on July 2nd.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Good advice - my brain is not enaged - I get you, it totally doesn't matter if you're not running Monday - Sunday. Cool. I'm going to do Thursday, Sat and Monday then. Thanks!

that's what I'm doing too. Then, once I'm caught up, I'll be running on Mon, Wed, Saturdays. I'm excited.
  • iowagirl09
    iowagirl09 Posts: 23
    Options
    W1D3 is now complete. It really wasn't so bad, and I'm ready for W2. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to make 30 minutes but I'm up for it.

Quick question cause this whole running thing is new to me. I'm doing the running at 5.3mph and walking at 4.0. Are these good enough to speeds to build on? Cause I have no idea. And yes, I'm on the treadmill. I want to get some experience under my belt before I subject any neighbors to that sight.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the running at 5.3mph and walking at 4.0. Are these good enough to speeds to build on?
    Definitely, in fact running at 5.3kph and walking at 4kph would be good enough. C25K focuses on getting you so you have the stamina to run for a certain length of time, apparently if you're running too fast it makes the later weeks far too hard. Plenty of time afterwards to worry about your speed. :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    W1D3 is now complete. It really wasn't so bad, and I'm ready for W2. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to make 30 minutes but I'm up for it.

Quick question cause this whole running thing is new to me. I'm doing the running at 5.3mph and walking at 4.0. Are these good enough to speeds to build on? Cause I have no idea. And yes, I'm on the treadmill. I want to get some experience under my belt before I subject any neighbors to that sight.

Yeah, I do most of my running @ 5.5mph - and try to do runs 3, 6 & 9 @ 6mph just to push myself a bit
    Walks, I mainly do @ 4mph... sometimes I drop to 3.8mph
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    W1 d3 to be completed tonight after work.meant to do it yesterday as I was supposed to finish work at 2 but didn't leave till 4 due to unforseen circumstances. Threw my whole day off. Looking forward to this evening though!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Completed Week 1 - Day 1 today on the treadmill...

It was exhausting!! I agree with someone who said earlier that she couldn't see herself ever running 3 minutes straight - let alone 30!! Oh my!!

I did most of my walks at 3.2 mph and the runs at 4.8 mph... I just couldn't push myself any more than that. I have to hold on because my balance isn't so great on the treadmill. I know those numbers aren't very good, but I'm proud to say that I completed it!! :flowerforyou:

STATS:
    Treadmill
    235 cals burned
    Highest HR - 174

Walk speed: 3.0 - 3.2mph
    Run speed: 4.8
  • Squible
    Options
    Did both week 1 day 3 and week 2 day 1 yesterday was tough by the end of it but felt good to run for an hour :)
  • Squible
    Options
    Did both week 1 day 3 and week 2 day 1 yesterday was tough by the end of it but felt good to run for an hour :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Starting week two this week :) Hope it goes smoothly!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    W1D3 completed on Saturday! I was feeling pretty good. Got one street farther than I did on my previous two runs, so I'm happy about that! I am a little nervous about W2 though...finally took a sneak peek. Oh well, looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow!
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    W2D2 complete

Average HR: 148
    Max HR:182

Total of 45 minutes to make it my entire 2.8 mile route.
  • IngeborgB
    IngeborgB Posts: 27
    Options
    W2D1 done!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D3 today. It was part of a bigger workout and I'm feeling it, but it really hasn't been too challenging, I thought about skipping ahead by one to come up to where everyone else is. I might do that at the end of this week, we'll see. :)

Today I downloaded the app for the iPhone and it was AWESOME. I'm glad I found it in the first week!
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 DONE!

Treadmill: 29 mins. 3.0 walk, 6.0 run
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2 - Day 1 yesterday...

No one told me you had to run for 90 seconds......! It was kind of a shock to my body - it was used to running for 60 seconds and started slowing down as soon as 60 seconds passed. On each of the runs, I struggled to run the last 20-25 seconds.

Plus, I had to walk slower than before so I could recover from the run!!!!

Hmmmm... maybe I need to go back to week 1 ....?

Also, I've decided to only do c25k twice a week because I don't want to give up my other exercises....
    So, my next run isn't until Friday (according to my newly created exercise schedule...)

STATS:
    Treadmill
    308 cals burned
    Avg HR - don't know, forgot to put on HRM
    Highest HR - don't know, forgot to put on HRM

Walk speed: 3.5mph
    Run speed: 5.5mph
  • iowagirl09
    iowagirl09 Posts: 23
    Options
    W2D2 completed this morning. So W1D1 wasn't so bad, and I felt good after it Sunday. Today I got the (not so) brilliant idea to try it outside. Granted its humid and windier than all get out, but I did it. I wanted to die, but I successfully did it. Definitely not as fast as on the TM that I got up to 5.8.... 6.0 was just WAY to fast for my short little legs. I think I may stick with the TM until I can go longer. I don't know, we'll play it by ear.

So here's what I've discovered. My legs/feet/endurance isn't the problem. It's the feeling like someone is taking a sledge hammer to my side that I can't stand. Which is also why I've never liked running before. Any one have any solutions for this? Cause it's annoying as all get out.

Alright it's finals week so I've procrastinated enough. Have a great day everyone!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    W1D2 completed outside last night. I don't have the pain in my side - my legs & feet just feel sooo heavy that by the end I can hardly pick them up off of the ground!! But I finished it and didn't terrorize any of my neighbors!! :noway:
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    W2D1 yesterday...ugh I'm soo outa shape!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done. I made it, but I was sooooo ready for that 2 min walk. I'm really dreading next week's 3 min jog. How the hell am I going to do that?!! Anyone thinking of repeating week 2? I think I might give week 3 a shot, but keep the option of going back to week 2 open.