a new competition

Options

Replies

• WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I'm in....I have been stuck for months now so maybe this will help.

5'6" 125 lbs

By the way do I get a candy bar if I'm the winner?:laugh:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Good Luck Everybody!!!

5'6"
    208 pounds

My goal in to be under 200 by the end of the month.
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    HI everyone, bad morning(baby teething) but i'm

5'4

Good Luck and by the end of this month my goal is to be in the 140's :):):)
    and to continue sticking to my calories,
    and to find time to work out more:) i'm on a mission to look better!:flowerforyou:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    OK I need motivation!!
    5'5"
    148 lbs.

I'm in!!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi gang... I'm here...

I'm status quo too... no change from Monday :grumble:

I guess that's better than going UP...

5'7"

My 'goal' is a pound a week, but I'd LOVE for it to be more... :bigsmile:
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Me too!!!!!!!!

5'4"
    138lbs

goal 133

Suggestion: to determine the winner, use percentage lost. So for those who have less are not at a disadvantage.
    Let me know what you think.

Good luck. See you next Friday.
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    I hope I don't get overly competitive and start posting pictures of yummy cakes to sabotage your diets :laugh:
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thats not very nice! I was just feeling guilty about what i've eaten yesterday and today. Trying to motivate myself to workout. Cakes won't help!...well, maybe they will...I'll think about how hard I have to work to burn those calories off!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im a day late can i still join???my weight right now is 185 i want to lose atleast 5-8 pounds by the end of sept...

]20033.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • MommyW
    MommyW Posts: 33
    Options
    I want o join,
    Kids are going back to school and I am ready to work my butt off. Weight is 126 on the 22. I will keep you informed.

thanks,
    alex:bigsmile:
  • Steffykins
    Options
    Thats not very nice! I was just feeling guilty about what i've eaten yesterday and today. Trying to motivate myself to workout. Cakes won't help!...well, maybe they will...I'll think about how hard I have to work to burn those calories off!

I feel ya on the motivation to work out :grumble: It's fine once you start though, it just takes a big push to actually start!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ginabena74
    Options
    I would like to join.
    Current weight: 169.5
    Height: 5"7
    Goal - to do the best that I can do, without falling off the wagon.
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    Okay, wasn't near the net Friday, but I weighed in at 174.5 and I'm 5'4". I would like to be below 170 by the end of September. I can't seem to move from where I am though!
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! This is what I get for not having internet in my room anymore... i was still on last month's competition time. I was coming to check in today since monday's were our old check in days...but I'm glad to find you all still here....

I'm down to 156 this morning, that's 2 lbs down from last monday.. and 10 lbs in all since we started this competition!!!!! i'm soo excited.. i know it's still the beginning.. but that's ok ..

I'll check in on Friday's from now on :)

Hope everyone is staying motivated!!!!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Someone please motivat me to keep going.
    I'm thinking of dropping out. :brokenheart:
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Mary24 - would it help if you read through your profile again? Look at the reasons why you joined in the first place . . . .

Try and focus on one choice at a time - rather than looking at the big picture. Instead of dropping out, how about planning your next meal/snack? Make it something you enjoy, and count the calories, but go for a walk or do something to balance it out. Then move onto the next choice . . . do one choice at a time. Some choices may be good, others not as good, but at least you'll be moving in the right direction - rather than giving up!:flowerforyou:
  • Steffykins
    Options
    Someone please motivat me to keep going.
    I'm thinking of dropping out. :brokenheart:

I don't know if this will help but I made a list of things I was looking forward to when I've lost some weight e.g. looking as good as my friends when I go out, being able to fit into smaller sizes etc etc and I got so excited that I decided that it was really worth it!

I hope you find your motivation :flowerforyou:
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    I agree with the other two, don't just quit, just start over tomorow is another day, just b/c you ate bad today, or even a couple days, tomorow is brand new!

For example yesterday I had a big mac combo, which of course is not a very diet thing to do, but, as long as I don't do that everyday, and I work a little bit harder the rest of this week i'll probably be okay.

We love you in our group, and you help to keep us going too! Just keep working out, and don't stress, you've done so good, and I know you can keep it up!!!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    :flowerforyou: also, to all of you who said you wanted to join, feel free, you are all welcome, just start with the check in on friday(if you can) :flowerforyou:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Thank You all so much, I did great yesterday:bigsmile:

Would it be OK if I posted my menu and exercise plans here to keep myself accountable???

Just in case you say Yes, here it is,

Menu:heart:
    Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with skim milk
    Lunch: 1 bowl Mr. noodle soup, 1 whole wheat sandwich
    Snack: 1 serving yogurt, 1/2 cup baby carrots
    Dinner: 1 cup home cooked beans with a slice home made whole wheat bread

Exercise:heart:
    Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds, walk strong DVD, 2 miles in 30 min.

My goals for this week is to lose 1 pound:heart:

Thanks everyone that helped me see that giving up is never an option, all I can do is tack baby steps.

:heart: Mary:heart: