a new competition

Options

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! With school back in, things are very crazy around here! I weighed in at 133.8! Yea! I lost 1.2 lbs.
  • monica5237
    Options
    okay not sure if i am late getting in or not, but I would love to get in the comp with yoou guys I really need motivation!

Here are my stats

5'9
    current weight 205
    that is what i weighed last week at my dr my scales here say 202 and they are close to my dr only about a few oz off. so i guess i will put in 202
  • BLammi
    Options
    You're welcome to join! We weigh in on Friday mornings . . we go one month at a time - good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I know it's early, but I couldn't wait to tell someone (and also see my tracker update)...

But, I finally lost another pound and I'm now safely under the 180 mark at 178... :drinker:

I'm afraid of this weekend coming up tho.. big OSU and USC game... (GO BUCKS)

there's danger in all those snack foods while watching the game!!!!!
  • BLammi
    Options
    Way to go!!! You must feel great :happy: ! Good luck at the game . . . and have fun!
  • petunia
    Options
    OK.. it's FRIDAY...

much better results this week.. after a 'maintain' week last week, I'm down 2 pounds this week! :drinker:

That's 4 pounds since we started this month, 8 pounds since we started the first one, and 17 since I started in June.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I have a big test today and tomorrow with work 'tailgates' (basically a huge potluck with calorie dense foods - I brought fruit salad) and then the big OSU game is tomorrow and people will be at our house to watch the game with even more tempting items...

Good luck to everyone next week!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning,

I am feeling really good this morning. :happy: I've had a 3.5 weight loss since last friday. I update my ticker on Tuesday, so I hope it stays the same. I've started weighing in several times a week and don't know if thats really a good idea. I do find that since I've really started lowering my calories and exercising daily I haven't been sleeping the whole night (only about 3-4 hours). Hopefully this won't last too much longer.

Good luck to everyone today and have a good weekend!
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Weighed in this morning.:angry:

Still at 206 lb

Good luck everyone
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've gained 1 pound, had a bad food week, and also Aunt Flo is about to depart. Hopefully I'll be back down in a couple of days.

Weight: 218 :grumble:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Starting Weight 125
    Week 1 Weight 124.8
    Week 2 Weight 124.2
    Week 3 Weight 124.0

I guess I should be happy I am steadily plugging along and losing but sheesh you would think I could actually lose more than a couple of ounces per week. I guess I am on the lose a pound a month rather than a pound a week plan. :ohwell:
  • sl8on
    sl8on Posts: 22
    Options
    Another pound gone!! 159 lbs this morning. So that's a total of 91 lbs off since I started dieting a few years ago. 10 gone since I joined MFP last month.
    Everybody have a great weekend!!!
  • monica5237
    Options
    Okay I weighed in today and it was not a happy day for me. I did however lose but it was not enough for me. I have been losing 3 to 4 pounds every 2 weeks and today it was only a 4 oz loss. I know it is still a loss but I can't help but feel really bad. I have vowed only rabbit food for me for the next two weeks. I had an omlett for breakfast and now for lunch it is penut butter and crackers and there will be no dinner. I don't want to fall backwards here.
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    I weighed in today and there was no change, I'm not disapointed, really. I just need to do better on my workouts. NEXT WEEK MY GOAL IS TO GET MY WORKOUTS DONE EVERYDAY!!!!

Good Job everyone!!!! It looks like a pretty good week for most!:flowerforyou:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Another pound gone!! 159 lbs this morning. So that's a total of 91 lbs off since I started dieting a few years ago. 10 gone since I joined MFP last month.
    Everybody have a great weekend!!!

WOW! 91 pounds and you've kept with it for so long. You are doing wonderful. Do you have any words of advice for the rest of us who are just beginning?:wink:
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    :bigsmile: JUST A REMINDER TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL THIS COMPETITION IS OVER!!!:bigsmile:

A GOOD TIME FOR REFOCUSSING AND FOR OUR DETERMINATION TO SET IN(especially if you're like me):bigsmile:

LETS KILL LAST MONTHS SCORES:heart::devil:
  • BLammi
    Options
    I didn't weigh in this past week as i was on the road to Montreal to do an Olympic distance triathlon. I'm happy to say that I did it - it was painful- but worth it. The swim was 1500m and took me a little over 30 minutes, the bike was 40km and took about one hours and forty minutes, the run was 10km and took me about an hour and five minutes - for three hours and one minute total time. My goal was under three hours and fifteen minutes so I'm happy:smile:

I'll get on the scales next Friday once my body has returned to normal - feeling pretty stiff and sore today.

Well done to everyone else this week .. looks like we're on the right track.

One point to make: skipping meals is never a good idea (someone mentioned that previously). Your body goes into 'starvation' mode and no matter how well or little you eat, your body will grab and hold onto those calories making it impossible to lose weight. Stick to your daily calories and you'll likely have way more success - it might take longer but it will be healthier for you and it will stay off. I will now step down from the soapbox:blushing:
  • petunia
    Options
    I didn't weigh in this past week as i was on the road to Montreal to do an Olympic distance triathlon. I'm happy to say that I did it - it was painful- but worth it. The swim was 1500m and took me a little over 30 minutes, the bike was 40km and took about one hours and forty minutes, the run was 10km and took me about an hour and five minutes - for three hours and one minute total time. My goal was under three hours and fifteen minutes so I'm happy:smile:

I'll get on the scales next Friday once my body has returned to normal - feeling pretty stiff and sore today.

Well done to everyone else this week .. looks like we're on the right track.

One point to make: skipping meals is never a good idea (someone mentioned that previously). Your body goes into 'starvation' mode and no matter how well or little you eat, your body will grab and hold onto those calories making it impossible to lose weight. Stick to your daily calories and you'll likely have way more success - it might take longer but it will be healthier for you and it will stay off. I will now step down from the soapbox:blushing:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! :drinker: Way to go! I've always wanted to try doing one, but I am just not a distance runner... I can handle the swimming and the biking, but the running is a different story... way to go!

And, I agree with your assessment on the skipping meals.. NOT a good thing to do...

Good luck this week!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    Today is Friday right?
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    my weight is two pounds less this week:laugh: :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Yep, I am just not wanting to get on the scale and see how horribly I did this week. :sick: I will be posting my results later after going to the gym.