Success Stories:) (ZUMBA)

Options
1235»

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    search the success stories area for Zumba - there have been a few people on here with DRAMATIC weight loss that they say was totally from Zumba and change in diet.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My HRM says my Zumba class burns more than kick boxing, hip hop, or weight training (although those results are different).

Around 750!!

So I guess a Zumba NSV as opposed to a Zumba success story? I do it twice a week along with other workouts and it's my fave.
  • jvac9397
    jvac9397 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i have been doing zumba only for about 6 weeks and have lost 13 lbs. i do it at least 5X a week with the video at home. It seems to work for me. i did get bored after a while so i bought the new version exhilirate, and i dont care for it as much as the original. if you stick with it, i'm sure you'll' see results.
  • petraliaccrn
    petraliaccrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Zumba!!!!! I am drenched when done!! The key is to find an instructor you love who keeps it fun!!!
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i love zumba do at least 45 minute dvd at home..of course i cant move as fast as they do.. but i sweat alot ..
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I mainly just do Zumba. It is the only workout I LOVE and doesn't make working out feel like a chore. I wear my HRM and I typically burn between 500-700 calories for an hour, occasionally a little higher. I started in April and I was going about 2 times a week. Now I go 4-6 times a week depending on my schedule. When I first started I was barely paying that much attention to my food choices and calorie intake and I still lost weight and a pants size. Now that I'm paying attention to my food choices and calorie intake I am losing more. I have lost 25 pounds. I'm a big girl and some things were more difficult to do in the beginning but I can keep up a lot better now. The thing I love about Zumba is that you can make it as hard or as easy as you want it, anyone can do it!
  • amandammathews
    amandammathews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just now saw this thread! I lost about 20lbs just from Zumba and no diet change. I also tried running off and on, but Zumba is the only form of exercise that I enjoy and look forward to. Not only that, but I became a Zumba instructor myself in January. My advice to the people using the videos, I'm sure they are awesome, but try a few classes. You just can't beat the energy of the other participants and the different music. I'm sure the same songs all the time, never changing would get boring. If you are worried about your size or your two left feet, don't be! Everyone is paying attention to the instructor anyway. Take a friend and laugh and enjoy yourself!
  • olynick
    olynick Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba for my main excersize and have been doing it since Jan 2013, its been 6 months and I have lost 46 lbs so far. I started at 276 and could only get one dance in. Now I weight 230 and do the full cardio party for 45 minutes. I have 30 lbs to go to my first goal of 200 lbs and ill see if I want to go anymore from there. I just recently got a Polar hrm and now my workouts are even more intense because im focusing on Getting better burns and ive used it 3 times so far and I go up burn 10 calories more each time. Im thinking about switching up my routine to something a little bit more harder tho like p90x or Insanity.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started with just Zumba, added in the 30 minute curves Circuit and lost 50 pounds pretty in 4 months. I can't make it to all the class times now, but I try to work it in 2 days a week. The biggest thing is that the inches just melt off ESPECIALLY around the core area.
  • jimkari82
    jimkari82 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for a year! I love it!!! I have lost a little over 40 pounds. I have been doing Zumba about 3-4 times a week. Lately though I haven't been able to make it to class much so I have been picking up on running and my elliptical. I would say other then eating the right things I have to thank Zumba for my Success!

Starting weight was 176lbs 5'3"
    4b5d6731-f47e-4c50-86dd-930610b68596_zpsd5333106.jpg

f06ffd57-c5a6-4143-a1f2-9ddf89e8e0a0_zps7ff5ce32.jpg

1 year later 136 lbs
    b73ed0b7-395f-4fb9-98a9-ed229717a072_zps42ba0632.jpg

photo4_zps661c9bfa.jpg

Hoping my photos work!
  • jimkari82
    jimkari82 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!