• Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pancake (make 1 serving)
    1/2 cup uncooked oats
    2 eggs whites
    1/4 cup of skim milk
    vanilla, cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a lightly oiled (you can use Pam) frying pan over medium high heat. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Total: cal 211, carbs 32, fat 3, protein 14, sugar 1, sodium 142

Also I like to eat cottage cheese wih oats and strawberiess for breakfast.

sounds great!
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the more protien- less carbs approach, so make a smoothie of

1 x medium sized banana
    1 cup unsweetned soy milk
    1 tbsp of smooth peanut butter (any old kind, I'm not fussy!! Using tescos own brand at the moment)

Then I add whatever soft fruit i fancy. can be blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, forest fruits, mango, etc etc. I get the frozen ones and thaw them the night before in the fridge, or soetimes put them in frozen if i fancy a really cold smoothie (but I have a powerful lender! be careful trying to blitz frozen stuff!!)

Also I sometimes add some Fage Total 0% fat greek yoghurt, perhaps half a cup if I'm feeling greedy!

The banana gives plenty of natural sweetness and the peanut butter has enough protien to stop me form getting hungry before lunchtime!

Super quick to make too! Comes in at about 350 cals, depending on fruits used etc more if i include the yoghurt.
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Start with a warm glass of water with lemon. Then, oatmeal with berries, yogurt, and a bit of honey. And, of course, my coffee, black.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been favoring half a thin bagel with 1/3 fat cream cheese. Not very many calories if you just eat half and it's super thin anyway. I drink a coffee with that. I won't give that up.