He says, "Please don't lose anymore weight"!

Options
124»

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Do what makes YOU happy! If he loves you now he can love you at any weight.

Agreed =)
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think you need to do what is best for you. Do you think you still need to drop another 20? Then do it!

Maybe what he was trying to say is that he needs reassurance that you'll still love him when the next 20 pounds are lost. I'd remind him about how much you care for him and tell him that you're losing weight because you want to be healthy and live longer WITH HIM, not just to look good in a bathing suit.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Are you happy? If you are than fine.. if not explain to him THIS is what you need to be happy, if he loves you he will support that.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it is nice to consider your boyfriends feelings and all, but you need to do what is right for you. . . what is going to make you feel good. Someone that truly loves you will love you however you are, and knowing that you are happy with yourself. Hope that makes sense. Be true to yourself.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I agree with your mom too! If he is feeling insecure then maybe you can just let him know that you are not going anywhere and that you love him.. If he truly loves you he will support you in your goals. even at 155 you will still have curves and will look nice and healthy.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    a woman needs a man... like a fish needs a wagon
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    In this case I agree with your mom. Being healthy is the most important thing. If he really loves you he will support your goals.

Topsking2010

agree
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    I say do what YOU want.....Also, think about your BMI. If you are within healthy BMI, then I guess whatever, but if you still are not in that healthy BMI range, maybe get there and see. You can use that as a "excuse" if you will, to explain to your hubby that you want to be within a healthy weight range. It is your decision, so go with your heart!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Unless you are 6 feet tall, you will still have plenty of curves at 155. :flowerforyou:

I think you are correct that your boyfriend probably has some anxiety about your weight loss. Sounds as though he'd have to with that history. If he's willing, get him involved with you in some sort of exercise that you can do toegether. If he's included in your changing hobbies and interests, he'll probably be less threatened by it.

Also, people really don't have a good idea of what another 20 pounds would look like in either direction. Don't tell him exactly what you weigh and he'll probably stop worrying about it.

I totally agree with this. Continue on your weight loss, but don't talk about scale numbers. Your goal is to get healthy, so talk about your progress in terms of health-related NSV's, not the bathroom scale.

Yes, your man has some wounds to deal with, but you are in a position to help him through. You can both have what you want. You can lose another 20 lbs and he can have his curves. It shouldn't be an issue you argue over. Besides, if you really do feel your body fat is too low you can always put a few back on.

Focus on health, your physical health and his emotional health.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It's your body and your decision. I'd have an honest conversation with him about it, but really your goal is closer to the higher end of a normal BMI than the lower one, so it's not an unhealthy weight to be at.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Keep losing! I see your goal weight is 148lbs and you're 5'7". Believe me, you WON'T be a stick figure at that weight. I'm 5'10" and at 148lbs I'm a size 10. In the end, you have to do what makes you confident. If being 148lbs will make you more confident in your day to day life then do it. Who knows, maybe he's just scared of being with a CONFIDENT woman?
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Don't let ANYONE stand in the way of your goals, especially an insecure man who is basing his feelings off of a failed relationship in his past. It's an issue HE needs to deal with. You just do you......