May 2011 - No Late Night Snacking!

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    P.S. If I eat a little later then my cut-off, but stop while still being hungry, doesn't that count for me? :wink: That's what happened last night. This is a rhetorical question actually :smile: - I know it depends on what you eat, when you go to bed...
  • jodilynn04
    jodilynn04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 13. LNS: 0.
  • Anathema13
    Anathema13 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll join in. I've been good as of late but this is usually a struggle for me. I'm working the ER this month so I'll have to actually eat meals late (like tonight) but to keep me honest and accountable I'm going to count them. I'm counting my cut-off as 7 p.m.

Thus far from what I can think in the past few days ~

Me: 4
    LNS: 1 (tonight) didn't get to take "lunch" until 9 p.m.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Hilarious, but my next goal is to do 3 nights in a row.

On my way to it: Me: 7 - LNS: 5
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 4 ~ Body/Tie: 1

I'm making a new category for myself. Last night was insane. I had a little dinner (2 little dinners...), then a banana around 9:30. I was in bed at 11, and my family went to bed shortly after than. Then I laid in bed until 12:30am, and I wasn't able to fall asleep! I was getting SO HUNGRY, that I knew it would be keeping me up if I didn't eat something, so I had a little snack (homemade strawberry muffin), and finally got to sleep. I'm not willing to give the point to me, or LN, so listening to my body trumps all. This is a tie now.
    P.S. If I eat a little later then my cut-off, but stop while still being hungry, doesn't that count for me? :wink: That's what happened last night. This is a rhetorical question actually :smile: - I know it depends on what you eat, when you go to bed...
    Difficult question. :huh:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    jodilynn04 , wow!! Great job. It's motivating to have some friendly competition. I cna't catch up to you now, but it's something to strive for. keep going all the way!!!
    As for me, :ohwell:
    Me:5
    LNS: 7
    But, tonight, I have no plans so I'll be better.
    Zaza
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Me 11 LNS 1
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 5
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 4 ~ Body/Tie: 1

I'm making a new category for myself. Last night was insane. I had a little dinner (2 little dinners...), then a banana around 9:30. I was in bed at 11, and my family went to bed shortly after than. Then I laid in bed until 12:30am, and I wasn't able to fall asleep! I was getting SO HUNGRY, that I knew it would be keeping me up if I didn't eat something, so I had a little snack (homemade strawberry muffin), and finally got to sleep. I'm not willing to give the point to me, or LN, so listening to my body trumps all. This is a tie now.

I know what you're talking about. Now let's see: what's the purpose of this challenge? I'd say it's to prevent binging late at night and by this double the calories you've eaten throughout the day. If that's why you're in the challenge, give the point to you :wink:. You had only one muffin and it was not out of boredom or cos you enjoy the movie better with a huge bowl of something in front of you.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Hilarious, but my next goal is to do 3 nights in a row.

On my way to it: Me: 7 - LNS: 5

Being busy in the kitchen last night preparing food for the weekend has kept my mind off food - does that make sense? :laugh:
    Me: 8 - LNS: 5
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I know what you're talking about. Now let's see: what's the purpose of this challenge? I'd say it's to prevent binging late at night and by this double the calories you've eaten throughout the day. If that's why you're in the challenge, give the point to you :wink:. You had only one muffin and it was not out of boredom or cos you enjoy the movie better with a huge bowl of something in front of you.
    Thanks Dew, you're totally right.

Me: 7 ~ LNS: 4 ~ Body/Tie: <--(1)
    Me: 7 ~ LNS: 4 <--(1) ~ Body/Tie:
    Me: 7 <--(1) ~ LNS: 4 ~ Body/Tie:
    Me: *8* ~ LNS: 4 ~ Body/Tie:
    :happy:

Me: 8 ~ LNS: *5*
    :sick: Aw... :laugh:
    Being busy in the kitchen last night preparing food for the weekend has kept my mind off food - does that make sense? :laugh:
    Not at all, UNLESS you're so sick of all that food prep that you can't stand to think about it for one more second!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 5
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Me: 9 ~ LNS: 5
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 8 ~ LNS: 6
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey! Is there anything I can do to help you out? Wanna talk it through? :laugh: Are you staying up late? Are you starting to eat early enough in the day?
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Hey! Is there anything I can do to help you out? Wanna talk it through? :laugh: Are you staying up late? Are you starting to eat early enough in the day?

Kids going late to bed and then lots of things to do before she can finally sit down and enjoy dinner/ a snack. Am I right? :wink:
  • loveme445
    Options

Kids going late to bed and then lots of things to do before she can finally sit down and enjoy dinner/ a snack. Am I right? :wink:

Cant blame my LNS on the kids. Its typically when Im out late, enjoying time with family and friends. Family & Friends getting together= LNS & Over Calories for me :smile: Also, when Im stressed or tired, I go to food. I must admit, Im an emotional eater. Im a work in progress, not going to give up! Thanks Ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Cant blame my LNS on the kids. Its typically when Im out late, enjoying time with family and friends. Family & Friends getting together= LNS & Over Calories for me :smile: Also, when Im stressed or tired, I go to food. I must admit, Im an emotional eater. Im a work in progress, not going to give up! Thanks Ladies! :flowerforyou:
    Hope you're getting in a lot of time with friends and family. I think things like that start to pick up again around the summertime. Enjoy yourself, and do the best you can! :happy: I'm a total boredom eater. Knowing our triggers is the first step.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ate some pizza and went over my calorie limit. went back to that old pattern of "I've already blown it, so I might as well eat whatever..." went on to eat 6 cookies, small gelato, popcorn and some nuts, I think. Ended the day about 1000 over with a tummy ache:frown:
    me=12, lns=3
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 9 - LNS: 6

Argh!

Steph, it was late and I was overwhelmed by how much time cooking was going to take, so I did not want to waste my time with food :laugh:. Saturday was pretty OK, but last night I had dinner past my cut-off. I wasn't even that hungry, actually...