Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 1]

Options

Replies

• Zoe9636
    Zoe9636 Posts: 56
    Options
    Re Mondays QOTD - To coincide with the start of the challenge I will be following the turbo fire program fully which includes working out six days a week. I will also add ChaLEAN extreme on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    QOTD: I am going to plan all my meals to help me stick to my calorie allowance. I will walk to work and back three times a week and drink plenty of water.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The candy is a temptation. I think I ate more of my son candy than he did.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Re Monday's Q of the day: I am going to workout 4 days a week and vary my workout more.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I am zig zagging calories to keep my weight loss consisitent.

Please give a little more info on this - how much do you zigzag between?
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @ Monday's QOTD: I hope to change up my workouts a little bit...the past few weeks, I haven't gone to the gym (mainly worked out at home), so I am going to try incorporating the gym back into my workouts at least once a week...

However, the next few weeks will be difficult as I am going to Ireland 5/12-5/19.... :D But, I will try to be on my best eating behavior while I am over there...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I am zig zagging calories to keep my weight loss consisitent.

Please give a little more info on this - how much do you zigzag between?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212510-how-to-zig-zag-cals-properly-caloric-cycling-properly

This is the thread that got me started. On my "Low Days" I make sure that I Net between 1200 and 1300 on my "High Days" I Net between 1500 and 1600. Look it up on the threads, there are websites that will calculate how much you should be Netting.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info - this is a new concept for me, but it makes sense!
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness activity? Mine is dancing. Any kind. I am trying to get into Zumba, it is a little difficult, but I love to dance.
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    Monday's question.... Limit eating crap and logging on the weekends...

Tuesday's question..... My favorite activity is the elliptical watching a movie and listening to my ipod. The time just flies by. When my niece is in town running behind her is an exciting workout, lol.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Tues QOTD.... when I belonged to a gym, I loved doing the elliptical. Now that I work out at home, I like doing boot camp type dvds....quick and effective!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness activity?

I like to use the elliptical, but I don't have one. I really like my Dreadmill when I'm on it, but for some reason I have the hardest time talking myself onto it. I've always been a walker (treadmill), but I'm trying to work into running.
  • Nakisha81
    Nakisha81 Posts: 24
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: I'd have to say my treadmill. Once I start it's hard for me to stop.
  • emchen
    emchen Posts: 48
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: I love running and rowing :)
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My favorite activity is riding my bike. I have a trailer that my daughter can ride in that I pull behind my bike. Good workout, especially going up hills!
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    My favorite fitness activity is anything cardio (elliptical, step classes, running, speed walking, stationary bike)! I love to sweat because the more I sweat the more motivated I get... :-)
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Question of the Day response: I work long shifts from 7.30am to 6pm five days a week so I am tired and often lack motivation when getting home to do any activity other than eat and chill, so since starting DITR I have made a conscious step to start off going for at least one long walk (60mins+) a week just to kick start things and try to build up.

Go ALL Diamonds we can so do it =)
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tues QOTD - My favourite activity is pilates....it does not aggravate my knee (arthritis), it makes me feel so strong afterwards and I find it very "mind cleansing" - if that makes sense. My next favourite would be walking and biking with my family.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    However, the next few weeks will be difficult as I am going to Ireland 5/12-5/19.... :D But, I will try to be on my best eating behavior while I am over there...

How exciting! Have a blast! I found when I was on vacation I ate more than my than my daily goal (not a horrible amount though) and still loss due to all the walking and extra activity.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I really enjoy using the resistance training machines at my gym. I was intimidated at first but now love when I get strong enough to add weight. And as the fat melts I away I am starting to see and feel muscles under there. Love it!