Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 1]

Options

Replies

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness
    @kaveril422 i am with u i luv zumba i don't know how to dance but it surely does release alot of stress burns cal. i luv step class too its fun

Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    @Tuesday QOD - I can't say I "like" Jillian Michaels' workouts, but they have truly reshaped my body so I am eternally grateful to them! The workout I enjoy the most is definitely dancing. I enjoy hip hop dancing and am trying out a pole dancing class on Friday!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I really enjoy using the resistance training machines at my gym. I was intimidated at first but now love when I get strong enough to add weight. And as the fat melts I away I am starting to see and feel muscles under there. Love it!

I wish I liked resistance! Ugh, I hate it!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Tuesday QOD - I can't say I "like" Jillian Michaels' workouts, but they have truly reshaped my body so I am eternally grateful to them! The workout I enjoy the most is definitely dancing. I enjoy hip hop dancing and am trying out a pole dancing class on Friday!

I have to agree with you, Jamaica, on the Jillian Michaels' workouts. I'm not really enjoying 30DS but am enjoying the results :)
    Let me know how the pole dancing class goes. I am thinking about signing up for one here, but unfortunately none of my local friends are willing to try it with me.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I like yoga and walking, both outside and indoors on the treadmill. But I need to find a new "love", so I am starting to try new things. Zumba is one of them. Raquetball is another.
  • Zoe9636
    Zoe9636 Posts: 56
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness activity?

Mine would be turbo fire, fun and burns a lot of calories.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that. I almost hate Jillian, but I love how I feel after finishing one of the workouts. I even kind of enjoy it while I'm doing it, but I seem to have a mental barrier about putting her in the DVD player. Pushing that play button is frequently the hardest part of my day.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope all is well. I am not feeling to great but wanted to check in. I have been in the bed all day and I am about to climb back in it.
    Monday QOTD: I would like to add strength and weight training, cut back on fast foods and candy.
    Tuesday QOTD:Zumba is my favorite!!! I am also starting to like running and jumping rope.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness activity? Mine is dancing. Any kind. I am trying to get into Zumba, it is a little difficult, but I love to dance.

Mine would have dancing also. That's why I Love Zumba,
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: I like yoga and walking, both outside and indoors on the treadmill. But I need to find a new "love", so I am starting to try new things. Zumba is one of them. Raquetball is another.

I really have to try Zumba. EVERYONE seems to love it. I can't lie, it looks super cheesy to me! Lol
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD : I loooove trail running. We have some great Mt. bike trails near our house and pre baby I would log 5 miles about 4days a week. I can't wait to get back out there....hopefully this summer.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: What is your favorite fitness activity? Mine is dancing. Any kind. I am trying to get into Zumba, it is a little difficult, but I love to dance.

I just discovered Turbo Jam and I love it. I get so excited and pumped up when I do it. I also love 30 Days Shred. Its basic fitness moves that are really effective. I like the 3-2-1 intreval training style.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD for Tues - I enjoy walking/running/snowshoeing in the woods - very peaceful. (Of course I'm not snowshoeing right now) For indoors - I just started the 30 day shred, and so far I like that I am getting a serious workout in a short amount of time. I also like wii fit (specially the rhythm boxing).
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: I enjoy kickball with my son,jogging and walking intervals, the elliptical machine and the stair climber. I love to also do cycling indoors and just about anything that makes you sweat and burn 800 calories within 60 minutes.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @Tuesday QOD - I can't say I "like" Jillian Michaels' workouts, but they have truly reshaped my body so I am eternally grateful to them!

Whew...Jillian Scares me, I am about to order the 30 day shred, we'll see how this goes.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options

I like competitive sports more than anything, like soccer and basketball. When I was in high school I was on the swim team as well. :D
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    I love walking and hiking. I have also been doing British Military Fitness (Circuit training) fairly sporadically! x
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's QOTD: What made you realize that you needed to start this journey of getting healthier?

My response: I thought about the future. When I got engaged last September, and had our engagement photos done, I knew that I had to do something. I wanted to feel better and have more confidence in my looks when it came time to pick out a wedding dress and walking down the aisle...I wanted to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 30 (which is a year away from now)...I also thought about what would happen when we try to have kids, will I have complications because of my weight? Will I be able to keep up with a lil one running around everywhere? I also thought about all the health problems that are caused by carrying a lot of extra weight...
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great question - I had gotten to the point where i was literally wearing the same 2 pairs of pants every other day because I had nothing else to wear that fit (and I refused to go buy jeans in that specific size that I really needed). My late night eating was OUT OF CONTROL and I kept gaining weight. Somebody told me about this app for my blackberry, and I thought it would be great because I could track everything without people knowing I was tracking. It was a couple of weeks later that I even realized the whole web site was available and what it had to offer (ie. all you lovely folks). I'm still wearing those jeans, but I can now wear the dress slacks I sometimes need to wear. It's only been 8 lbs down, but I am feeling better about myself already :)
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    What a good QOTD! I'm intrigued to hear everyone's responses. I first decided that I needed to lose weight (using a different plan than mfp) because I had reached 193 lbs....and I REFUSED to let myself get over 200!!! At 5'2", 193 is bad enough :mad: I did very well and lost almost 30 lbs....then I got pregnant. I really truly believe that the weight loss finally allowed me to carry a pregnancy to term. Now, here I am, 4 months post-partum, and my reasons for starting mfp and trying to lose the weight again revolve completely around my daughter. I want to be healthy for her and set a good example, so she hopefully doesn't have to deal with the self-image/ weight issues that I've faced since childhood.