Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so fun! :happy: I love coming in a seeing how everyone is doing - even those of you (us) who are struggling. It lets me know I'm not alone! Thanks for being such a good group! :drinker:
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else realize we're on page 20? You know what that means? We *might* have a Ravenclaw - Part 2 Thread!!! OH YEAH, WHO'S THE BEST HOUSE? WE ARE!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    wah :( still having trouble with the scale after memorial day. drinking lots of water... but it's only helping slightly. gah.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Does anyone else realize we're on page 20? You know what that means? We *might* have a Ravenclaw - Part 2 Thread!!! OH YEAH, WHO'S THE BEST HOUSE? WE ARE!!!

YEAH! None of the other houses are even close :bigsmile:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've ben craving sugar and sodium like crazy. Trying to drink water, but it's not really helping. I'm weighing myself tomorrow, so who knows what the scale will say. Good news I hope!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'm finally excited for sunday's weigh in!! i THINK i might be breaking through this plateau (knock on wood). i raised my calories to 1600 and have been sort of "zig zagging" between 1200 and 1600. i'm gonna keep it up for another week to see if i get good results again. wowww it feels soo good to have a weigh in of more than just a fraction of a pound!! it's been over a month of tiny losses!! thank GOODNESS! lol
  • azsuzi
    Options
    From the main thread - a week's worth of trivia :)
    HP Posts of the Day!

•Hermione’s cat Crookshanks is no ordinary cat as he is half-kneazle. Kneazles are intelligent cat-like creatures who can sniff out suspicious characters and if a kneazle takes a liking to a witch or wizard, they make for excellent pets.

•Members of the Order of the Pheonix are the only wizards who know how to communicate using their patronuses. A wizard’s patronus is the individual’s unique spirit guardian and is effective in use against the dark arts.

•Dementors don’t breed. They grow where there’s decay, like fungus.

•The tattoos on Sirius Black’s body are borrowed from Russian prison gangs. These are to identify a person as one to be feared and respected.

•The command that makes the Dark Mark (the mark of the Dark Lord) appear is “Morsmorde” which appropriately means ‘take a bite out of death in French.

•Harry’s middle name is James, Hermione’s is Jane and Ron’s is unfortunately, Bilius.

I got the HP audio books and just started listening to them - while I walk on the treadmill or ride my bike. :) If I get that far, I'll have to let the last book wait until after the movie. 40 days to DH2!! :D
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaw housemates!
    Not expecting as big of a loss this week (I never can get two big weeks in a row), but I'm really jazzed to see how everyone else is doing. I'd definitely like to take out Slytherin this week, and of course Gryfindor and Hufflepuff aswell. I'm a little behind schedule for reaching my goal (315 by July 7, I am currently 339) but I knew it was a very lofty goal in the first place, and I'm sure I can make up the time that I've lost. I would just really like to be able to buy clothes in a smaller size by the time we go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter/the premiere. I know I'm in store for a lot of walking, so I'm going to start taking 2-3 hour walks around the park near my house (I'll be sure to stay super hydrated). I'd hate to miss a second of the excitement because of my weight or the shape that I'm in.
    Has anyone here ever been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!!
    Did Day 2 of Shred- killed me today :mad: but I fought through it. Only a lb down this week but hopefully my body will kick into high gear next week.
    In laws are coming in Sunday evening (husband just told me Thursday night)- stress is NOT the word for how I feel but I'm really really really making a conscious effort not to fill that stress with food (like I would have done before). So far so good- but they're not even here yet so I'm not declaring victory yet!
    Keep up the fight ladies- I know weekends are hard for me, but we CAN do this!!!!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i'm finally excited for sunday's weigh in!! i THINK i might be breaking through this plateau (knock on wood). i raised my calories to 1600 and have been sort of "zig zagging" between 1200 and 1600. i'm gonna keep it up for another week to see if i get good results again. wowww it feels soo good to have a weigh in of more than just a fraction of a pound!! it's been over a month of tiny losses!! thank GOODNESS! lol

Good luck on blasting through that plateau!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws...I'm checking in a day early since tonight is my niece's graduation party and am scared to see what the scale will say tomorrow morning...lol. So, I weighed in at 185 today which gives me a loss of 2 pounds since my last weigh in. As for the challenges this week, I'm afraid I didn't do very well with them, so sorry to let you all down, but I didn't earn any house points :( I'll do better next week! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Go Ravenclaw!!!
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gotta check in a day early since I'll be out early tomorrow morning for a fun art class!

Weigh In: 252! That's a loss from last week of 1.5 lbs

Challenges: two days of 5 servings of fruits/veggies, and 4 days of an extra 15 minutes of exercise (added in some walking around the block with a co-worker!)

Keep it up Ravenclaw, we're awesomepants!!!
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We're so close to having a *whole* other thread!!!!!

I love being in Ravenclaw!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    happy saturday Ravenclaws!! did not make my 5 servings of fruit and veggies yesterday, but so far it's looking good for today!! good luck to all of us with tomorrow's weigh in. :bigsmile: GO RAVENCLAW!!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Posting the challenges a little early so I make sure they are up on time :)

Food Challenge:
    Try using different herbs, vinegar, citrus juices etc. as your spices instead of soy sauce and other sauces. A salad with either balsamic vinegar or one tbsp olive oil and one tbsp lemon juice is delicious! Add 1/4 cup parmasean cheese and some whole grain crackers as croutons and you have a very healthy and delicious cesar salad! Plain baked chicken with rosemary or red pepper flakes and garlic is delicious also! Experiment a little! :)

Exercise Challenge:
    Try to up the intensity of your workouts 2-3 days this week! If you generally walk, try walking faster for a few minutes or do a little jogging. If you are strength training, try upping the reps some or increasing the weight. Just enough to stress your body a little bit but not to make you super sore. :)

Good luck everyone!! :)

copied from the main page....great challenges this week!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Thanks Craft - you beat me to it this week :wink:

Just 4 more posts (guess its 3 now after this post) til we hit 500! Another milestone for Ravenclaw house!! You guys are the best!

Remember to weigh in tomorrow!!

GO RAVENCLAW!!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself today... four pounds down! Yes! So close to the 220s. Current weight: 230!!!!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yay we won last week! Whoop whoop!
    Am weighing in (its Sunday morning here): 190, that's -2lb from last week!
    Also house points: 5 for fruit and vegetables and 4 for walking, was a good week.
    Today I'm off on a week's residential trip with my class though, so no chance to exercise, or use the internet, and all food is provided. Look out for a bad week!!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Last post on this thread! We can start Sunday in a brand new place. See you there!