Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome Banner, love it and am doing well on my goals for the week well the work out one anyway not so much the water one although I drink a lot of water, well as much as what I can.
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Ravenclaw's! Yay, I'm a Ravenclaw! :)

SW: 154.7 / 70.2kg.

I'm all set for the water part of the challenges, and will soon be doing my daily 30 mins exercise too.

Please, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New/updated members:

Samiwhereareyou - 174.5 - Ravenclaw
    cherubcrnp - already sorted to Ravenclaw - weight - 323
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    WooHoo- weights lifted yesterday (chest and arms thank you!)
    LET'S GO RAVENCLAW!!!!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Love the banner guys!!

Had a bad day today- no exercise and over (a bit) on calories. Am going to get up and run in the morning to make up for it. Then I'm away for a few days and will be eating out for every meal, going to be tough to track and stay under my goals! I'll do my best though, don't want to let Ravenclaw down!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday too. But so far I'm doing good today. 40 minutes of island cycling on my wii fit, and it's C25K day today, so gym after work. I find that when I work late, I completely screw up on my calories. It's like the sun goes down and the high calorie demon comes out to sabotage all the hard work I did all day. Ugh! Anyone else have this problem?
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    new member:
    fitterpat - 264.3 - Ravenclaw
  • Ren0913
    Ren0913 Posts: 58
    Options
    rissadiane I know exactly how you feel! Happens to me all the time
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well I did ok today eating wise - that was easy actually, I've got a tummy upset so I actually had to force myself to eat, and I'm on my low day for zig-zagging calories! But no exercise alas, couldn't even leave the house. Tomorrow hopefully I will feel better and be able to go for a jog.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Love the banner guys!!

Had a bad day today- no exercise and over (a bit) on calories. Am going to get up and run in the morning to make up for it. Then I'm away for a few days and will be eating out for every meal, going to be tough to track and stay under my goals! I'll do my best though, don't want to let Ravenclaw down!!

Good luck while you're away. That's always tough. Let us know how it went when you get back!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday too. But so far I'm doing good today. 40 minutes of island cycling on my wii fit, and it's C25K day today, so gym after work. I find that when I work late, I completely screw up on my calories. It's like the sun goes down and the high calorie demon comes out to sabotage all the hard work I did all day. Ugh! Anyone else have this problem?

Happens to me too. Its like I feel sorry for myself being the only one left at work - so I eat! (Can anyone say "emotional eater"?)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Well I did ok today eating wise - that was easy actually, I've got a tummy upset so I actually had to force myself to eat, and I'm on my low day for zig-zagging calories! But no exercise alas, couldn't even leave the house. Tomorrow hopefully I will feel better and be able to go for a jog.

Hope you feel better soon :smile:
  • fitterpat
    fitterpat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just checking in and getting this into my topics
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well with both the weekly challenges, but I've been eating random things for meals so they aren't as healthy. I really don't want to gain another pound this week!!!! I don't want to let you guys down.
  • mydarlinslove
    Options
    Can you direct me to the challenges? I can't seem to find them. I know they're under the HP board, but just can't locate them.

Thanks!
    Karen
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Can you direct me to the challenges? I can't seem to find them. I know they're under the HP board, but just can't locate them.

Thanks!
    Karen

I can't find them on the thread, but I do know it is 8 glasses of water a day +1-2 cups for every 30 minutes of workout, and we must do something active fore at least 30 minutes everyday.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I'll try to copy the challenges into our house each week from now on. I couldn't find this week's - the main board has gone crazy! But Bethany is right - this week's challenge was to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and do at least 30 minutes of some type of exercise each day.

So - why were we all sorted into Ravenclaw?

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
    If you've a ready mind,
    Where those of wit and learning,
    Will always find their kind."
    —The Sorting Hat
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Today was a much better day! When I'm at work, I get a 32 oz cup and keep refilling it with water (and I put a lemon slice in it) so I know I definitely meet my water count. Today I did my island cycling on my wii fit (40 minutes) and did the second day of C25K, so I got a full 70 minutes in! I feel myself getting strong and doing better every day!
    Goooo Ravenclaw!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    PS I found it!
    Ok, the first challenges are pretty simple just to get everyone started. Sorry if these look familiar! I promise they wont all be the same..
    Food challenge: drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 mins of exercise you get.(if you want to drink more that's fine, just make sure the minimum is 8)
    Exercise challenge: do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day (can be anything-walking, running, swimming, biking, horseback riding, moderate house cleaning, weight lifting etc)

If anyone has any healthy recipes to share please share it! This is a place for motivation and to support each other in reaching our goals.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Do we get "extra" for meeting the challenges or are they just to motivate us?
    I've met my water goals everyday (and then some- I am a water freak), and my exercise goal every day so far!