Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I requested Ravenclaw. I've always been a Ravenclaw, every quiz I've ever taken has told me so. I'm just so clever. =)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Didn't make the challenge yesterday. I had six cup and I didn't work out. Had a 10 page paper due today, so that took up my evening. And my usual water consumption changed to coffee consumption so I could stay awake long enough to finish the paper. Ahh they joys of being in college... On the upside I didn't stress eat, so I call that a win.
  • lipe44
    lipe44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join the ravenclaw house for this challenge!! how do i record my weight and stuff? is there a page i need to go to to represent ravenclaw?
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:

SaLandrum - 215.2 - Ravenclaw
    Inspired2lose - 160 - Ravenclaw
    Sarahbear83 - 242 - Ravenclaw
    Lori07 - 137.6 - Ravenclaw
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Didn't make the challenge yesterday. I had six cup and I didn't work out. Had a 10 page paper due today, so that took up my evening. And my usual water consumption changed to coffee consumption so I could stay awake long enough to finish the paper. Ahh they joys of being in college... On the upside I didn't stress eat, so I call that a win.

I was the worst at stress eating when I was in college (Going back in the fall hopefully!), especially when I had to stay up and write a paper that I procrastinated on until the last minute
  • bethanyweathers
    Options

I was the worst at stress eating when I was in college (Going back in the fall hopefully!), especially when I had to stay up and write a paper that I procrastinated on until the last minute

It wasn't that I procrastinated, I had two other papers and two quizzes this week too. Week before finals are always the worst.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join the ravenclaw house for this challenge!! how do i record my weight and stuff? is there a page i need to go to to represent ravenclaw?

Hi there! You need to go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/220125-harry-potter-weight-loss-challenge and request Ravenclaw house. That is the main thread for the Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge and where the sorting into houses takes place.
  • fitterpat
    fitterpat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My exercise for today was chasing (my dog down the street), some weightlifting (carrying my 71lb dog back home because he refused to walk) and I'm going to try for a 30min run this evening but man, I'm already "dog-gone" tired.......LOL I have signed up for a mini-marathon in just over a month and haven't started any training yet so I better do that tonight anyways....

I'm up to 12 glasses so far today (I try and do 16/day).
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll try to copy the challenges into our house each week from now on. I couldn't find this week's - the main board has gone crazy! But Bethany is right - this week's challenge was to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and do at least 30 minutes of some type of exercise each day.

So - why were we all sorted into Ravenclaw?

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
    If you've a ready mind,
    Where those of wit and learning,
    Will always find their kind."
    —The Sorting Hat

I officially adore you!

I've definitely been doing the exercise challenge... I seem to have become addicted to it how strange. The water is a different matter. I have the hardest time getting in 8 glasses of water a day and it's not that I'm drinking a bunch of other stuff instead of water... I have a hard time getting 8 glasses of *anything* in a day. I just never seem to be that thirsty. Anyone else have this issue? How do you combat it?
  • cook2128
    cook2128 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been up for the past four days finishing a proposal, a handful of papers and a take home final. I only have two papers left and they're due by midnight tonight and then I'm done forever!. Needless to say, my exercise has come to a halt and my eating habits over the past week were horrible (I like to eat when I'm stressed and studying....). Starting tomorrow I am going to do a complete 180 and make Ravenclaw proud!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I had a hard time getting through just 25 minutes of cardio today. It was 100 degrees here and only 2% humidity! Needless to say, meeting the water challenge was no problem at all.

Wishfuljulia - I heard somewhere that by the time you feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated. After I heard that, I started keeping a water bottle with me all day. I use one of those 32 ounce ones with a straw so I don't have to tip it or open anything - I just pick it up and drink. Funny how just seeing it sitting there reminds me. Otherwise, I forget too.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    In case you missed the quote of the day on the main thread:

Harry Potter post of the day:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "harry let the tears fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding from his eyes the place where the last of lily and james lay, bones now, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart still beating, alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them."
    - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Agh, I am FAILING this challenge! So much work and stress, I don't have time to work out! I feel like I'm letting you guys down.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Agh, I am FAILING this challenge! So much work and stress, I don't have time to work out! I feel like I'm letting you guys down.

Hang in there Bethany! Just do your best - that's all any of us can ask. If you're like me, you have enough stress in you life without adding more to it because you don't have time to workout! We're all just here to have a little fun (and lose a little weight :happy:) Ravenclaw house rules!!
  • bethanyweathers
    Options

Hang in there Bethany! Just do your best - that's all any of us can ask. If you're like me, you have enough stress in you life without adding more to it because you don't have time to workout! We're all just here to have a little fun (and lose a little weight :happy:) Ravenclaw house rules!!

Thanks azsuzi! Finals are this week and next week so stress levels are through the roof! So glad summer is coming!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Yeah Bethany, and we're all here to support you! We all have bad weeks, so just do what you can! Good luck on your finals :flowerforyou:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    As a way to get to know our fellow Ravenclaws, why don't we each share something funny or unusual about ourselves.

I'll start: Back in 2006, my husband and I sold everything we owned, bought an RV and set off cross-country with my (then) 13 year old son and our cat. We left Virginia in January, drove all the way to California and then back to Arizona - where we've been ever since. All told, we lived in the RV for 6 months. It was a wonderful experience!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    My exercise for today was chasing (my dog down the street), some weightlifting (carrying my 71lb dog back home because he refused to walk) and I'm going to try for a 30min run this evening but man, I'm already "dog-gone" tired.......LOL I have signed up for a mini-marathon in just over a month and haven't started any training yet so I better do that tonight anyways....

I'm up to 12 glasses so far today (I try and do 16/day).

I love your exercise routine :bigsmile: Good luck with your training!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    As a way to get to know our fellow Ravenclaws, why don't we each share something funny or unusual about ourselves.

I'm a balloon artist. No, that does not mean I draw on balloons (people always think that), it means that I make balloon animals. I'm also a life guard, and I design and make jewelry. YAY for being a starving artist!. You'd think this would mean that I'm not terribly overweight... but I am... =/
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:
    tmaksparkie - NEED START WEIGHT!!! - Ravenclaw
    Minniebee - 164.2 - Ravenclaw
    Chubtub - 192.4 - Ravenclaw
    beanie242 - 175.8 - Ravenclaw