Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Ravenclaw

Options

Replies

• rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As a way to get to know our fellow Ravenclaws, why don't we each share something funny or unusual about ourselves.

Good idea! Hmm...
    I left my home in PA 3 years ago and took off halfway across the country to LA for my now husband, who I met online (and had "met" several times before). I did this with just what can be taken on an airplane (1 suitcase,1 carry on).

Also, I'm going back to school for Middle Eastern studies, and I'm dying to learn Arabic!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    As a way to get to know our fellow Ravenclaws, why don't we each share something funny or unusual about ourselves.

I met my now husband when I was 17 and a junior in high school.
    I am terrified of spiders- like passed out in Ecuador because of 1.
    When I was in high school I spent my summers in foreign 3rd world countries working in orphanages.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays so here it goes:
    SW- 143lbs
    5/6 weight- 140lbs

YEAH I lost 3lbs this week!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go RAVENCLAW
  • rissadiane
    Options

I met my now husband when I was 17 and a junior in high school.
    I am terrified of spiders- like passed out in Ecuador because of 1.
    When I was in high school I spent my summers in foreign 3rd world countries working in orphanages.

That's awesome about the orphanages! I wish I could do something like that!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    SW- 143lbs
    5/6 weight- 140lbs

Great job!!!!!!
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey new Ravenclaw here :) Seems I'm always a Ravenclaw, LOVE it!
  • chubtub
    chubtub Posts: 3
    Options
    Heya I just got sorted! My starting weight is 192.4 as of Thursday, I'm trying to get down to 147
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just got sorted into Ravenclaw! Start weight of 164.2!
    Let's win this challenge as a house and celebrate with a little butterbeer at the premier! Lol.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I love to write. My verbal communication skills are a little lacking (I'm super shy), but writing is the one way I can express how I really feel.

Also, I'm deathly afraid of fish.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    GROUP WILL BE CUT OFF AS OF SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT. NO MORE MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN AND ANY WHO I DO NOT HAVE START WEIGHTS FOR YET WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies to Ravenclaw! As soon as everyone is sorted into houses, I'll post a list of all Ravenclaw members with start weights and weekly weights. For the main challenge between houses, I'll calculate the percentage of weight lost for our entire house each week and post it on the main thread.

But, to make things more interesting, I think we ought to have our own challenge within the house. What do you all think?

Remember, weigh in is on Sunday!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    From the main thread:

"HP Post of the Day!

DID YOU KNOW ?
    upon seeing the set for hermione's bedroom in the film, harry potter and the deathly hallows: part 1, emma watson told the set decorators that there should be more books, which they happily accommodated."
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies to Ravenclaw! As soon as everyone is sorted into houses, I'll post a list of all Ravenclaw members with start weights and weekly weights. For the main challenge between houses, I'll calculate the percentage of weight lost for our entire house each week and post it on the main thread.

But, to make things more interesting, I think we ought to have our own challenge within the house. What do you all think?

I usually weigh in on Monday Morning because I am at home alone then, Is that ok or do I have to weigh in on Sunday and I love the idea of having an in house challenge. :)
  • azsuzi
    Options

I usually weigh in on Monday Morning because I am at home alone then, Is that ok or do I have to weigh in on Sunday and I love the idea of having an in house challenge. :)

We need to post our house weight loss percentage on the main thread on Sunday - so I need everyone's weight on Sunday. If you want to use your prior Monday's weight as your weight for the week, that is ok with me. Just let me know.
  • TwiFan5
    Options

We need to post our house weight loss percentage on the main thread on Sunday - so I need everyone's weight on Sunday. If you want to use your prior Monday's weight as your weight for the week, that is ok with me. Just let me know.

Ok then, I should be ok to weigh in on Sunday, I will find a way to weigh myself on Sunday. :)
  • TwiFan5
    Options

Ok then, I should be ok to weigh in on Sunday, I will find a way to weigh myself on Sunday or Saturday.:)
  • rissadiane
    Options

I think it's a great idea to have our own challenges! To track them, if it's not too much work for you, whenever we meet them, we can get house points and keep track of them in our signatures
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    New members:

Matchamatcha - 154.7 -
    Spa9177 - 185 -
    LJSpady - 357.6 -
    Cherubcrnp - NEED YOUR START WEIGHT!!! -
    Sarac715 - 149

I posted my weight a few days ago....279
  • azsuzi
    Options
    New members:

Matchamatcha - 154.7 -
    Spa9177 - 185 -
    LJSpady - 357.6 -
    Cherubcrnp - NEED YOUR START WEIGHT!!! -
    Sarac715 - 149

I posted my weight a few days ago....279

Thanks! I'll put it on our chart. Welcome!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    SW- 143lbs
    5/6 weight- 140lbs

Way to go Mom!!