MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 lbs so far already when I just snuck a look. I need to get drunk more often it seems not less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your literally melting....keep it up and you'll walk away with Immunity!!

If we win, you will get my full attention next week with an awesome loss...I am due and have it all planned out with diet and exercise.

BTW, the pork chops were awesome and all the kids ate them (except son who is gone on military leave). Yum, Yum

TODAY:
    Logged and under calories
    Early dinner achieved
    Late Snack < 200 calories: birthday celebration at restaurant: only 1 glass of wine which I have 127 cals alloted...NO FOOD
    Hit the 5 Fs/Vs today
    80 minutes of exercise

LIFE IS GOOD...hoping the scale sees my fine efforts
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.2 lbs so far already when I just snuck a look. I need to get drunk more often it seems not less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

told ya. :bigsmile:

Kim, what is 5 Fs/Vs? - duh, never mind - 5 fruits and vegtables right? How do you fit in 80 minutes of exercise? And an early dinner? I don't get home until 6, usually it is 7 by the time I am done with the treadmill or DVD (and shower, take off makeup etc) and then 7:30 or 8 before dinner. You know what, I will just have to work with what I have, if it is only a pound a week at least it is a pound.

Today was terrible, I forgot to eat my breakfast (I eat at work) didn't like my lunch so only ate 2/3 of it and was so busy in the afternoon did not get to my snack. Starving by the time I got home. Still didn't eat, went to the treadmill and had a $ellious headache by the time I was done. If I had had nuts or something for snack time that didn't need to be assembled or cut up .... must get better prepared.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Excellent stuff Kim! :flowerforyou:

That sucks big time about the headache Debbie.

I hope the scale rewards you both with your efforts. I agree that a lb loss is always better than no loss or a gain and it is a healthy loss to have each week. If it wasn't for my competitive spirit there is no way I'd be doing as well as I am. It keeps me focused on my cals, and drives me to get on that damn dreadmill daily if possible. I just hope the weight stays off for the rest of the week as I would be damn stoked at a 1kg loss.

I have been very good so far today despite feeling a lil hungover. Gone are the days of me eating crap the day after, for now. :blushing:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Kim, what is 5 Fs/Vs? - duh, never mind - 5 fruits and vegtables right? How do you fit in 80 minutes of exercise? And an early dinner? I don't get home until 6, usually it is 7 by the time I am done with the treadmill or DVD (and shower, take off makeup etc) and then 7:30 or 8 before dinner. You know what, I will just have to work with what I have, if it is only a pound a week at least it is a pound.

Debbie, I'm a nurse and only work 3 days a week...so, I am able to get good exercise in when I have the day off...ballgames are from 6-8:30 PM; so, I am learning that the best choice is to eat early and have time to burn it off.

Sorry about your crap day. Sounded chaotic. I, agree, a pound is a pound.

Well, Ms. Faith, I am totally grateful for your competitive style. Come summer, your going to look HOT, HOT, HOT.

I am hoping to rebound...maybe, I should drink lots of wine and dehydrate instead of hydrate??? :huh: It's a thought...
  • faithikins
    Options
    Myself -
    No more alcohol this week. :blushing: broke this one.
    Exercise at least 30 mins a day. - been doing since posted.
    Be under cals at least 5 times this week. - Tracking well must be under tomorrow to hit the 5
    Drink copious amounts of water daily. :bigsmile:
    Forgo my dessert treat 3 times this week (even though they stay under my cals). - no desserts tomorrow night :sad:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The scale was kinder today, still up about 0.8 lbs from last week. It's so disappointing. However, I should be able to break even tomorrow for the weigh-in with good behavior today...right!?

Goals:
    Eating an early dinnner at 5:30...absolutely no food or water after 7:30
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Low sodium
    No booze...not even an option for today
    60 to 90 minutes of exercise
    96 oz of water :drinker:

Another ballgame tonight...I'm going for my run now and will walk to the game tonight...should be 85 minutes of exercise total.

WATCH YOUR SODIUM EVERYONE...:noway:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    So, I took my measurements last night. Man that was discouraging. I gained a little in my arms, which isn't surprising since all turbo fire is in punching, for the most part. I lost in my chest and that's about it. I'm actually ok with that, but I would have liked to see a difference, at least a little, elsewhere. I can feel it in different areas, like my wrists, shoulders, high-hip area (not really sure what that is technically called). I guess I need to focus on that instead of the measuring tape. I still got up and did the 55 minute workout though.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Found a good recipe for garlic mased potatoes:

Shannon, I know hubs is allergic...but, yummy looking recipe

8 medium red potatoes
    3 cloves garlic
    2 T butter
    1/2 c. FF milk, warmed
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 C. parmesean cheese

cook potatoes, butter milk salt....mash...stir in cheese

1C = 190 calories, 5 gm fat (3 sat), 4 fiber
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Found a good recipe for garlic mased potatoes:

Shannon, I know hubs is allergic...but, yummy looking recipe

8 medium red potatoes
    3 cloves garlic
    2 T butter
    1/2 c. FF milk, warmed
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 C. parmesean cheese

cook potatoes, butter milk salt....mash...stir in cheese

1C = 190 calories, 5 gm fat (3 sat), 4 fiber

Sounds heavenly to me! Let me know when you make it, we'll make the trip. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Shannon, I made them at lunch time and planned to eat them this evening...so that dinner is early and before the game...they were restaurant quality...mmmm, good...ate it with leftover porkchop and green beans

Got about 4 inches cut off my hair today...maybe, it will be an ounce in the right direction...but then, Jessica got her lobbed off too.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Shannon, I made them at lunch time and planned to eat them this evening...so that dinner is early and before the game...they were restaurant quality...mmmm, good...ate it with leftover porkchop and green beans

Got about 4 inches cut off my hair today...maybe, it will be an ounce in the right direction...but then, Jessica got her lobbed off too.

Mmmmm! I may have to try that one day. I'll get a sweet potato to pop in the micro for hubby. :smile:

I'm trying to talk myself out of suggeting Logan's for dinner. I have the cals - I should avoid the sodium - and should save the money. But, I don't feel like cooking and need to go to that side of town anyhow. The good thing about that is if we go there, I won't eat later, I'll be good to go for the night. Hmmmm.

Yeah Kim - I think Jessica beat you on the weight loss from hair for sure. :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Shannon, what would you eat there? Avoid soups, cheese and gravies. Or, is there something you could whip up at home with ease...sandwiches, grilled meat...I'm making tacos for the family and I'm having a salad and Italian sausage (leftovers)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Off the dreadmill... DH suggested shrimp alfredo for dinner..... not gonna happen. Told him tonight was not a good night to carbo load. :wink: So it will be japanese vegtables with the shrimp thrown in at the last moment with maybe some rice. Carbo load tomorrow.

Wow, with all the haircuts there should be some big numbers on the scale! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Off the dreadmill... DH suggested shrimp alfredo for dinner..... not gonna happen. Told him tonight was not a good night to carbo load. :wink: So it will be japanese vegtables with the shrimp thrown in at the last moment with maybe some rice. Carbo load tomorrow.

Wow, with all the haircuts there should be some big numbers on the scale! :bigsmile:

The alfredo sounds yum...but, the sodium, fat and carbs is a dangerous combo...:noway: good job on switching it up...I think he suggested lasagna one time before :laugh: :laugh:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Scale has dropped a little again this morning woohoooo! I'm excited for weigh in! :bigsmile:

I have lots of cleaning to do today as we have visitiors tonight for state of origin (football how ****, I hate sport) thanks to the ex inviting them over. :laugh:

Then some dreadmill. Nothing but lovely low cal meals tonight and lots of water. TOM is about to hit me today though so it better not screw with the scale or I'll be pissed. :devil:

Well done everyone on reigning in over the last few days. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    My kiddos made the decision for me...they wanted leftover homemade chicken noodle soup again. Ill need more than that but I rt ll save me a ton of sodium to be sure.

Ive been maintaining when ive looked but id be happy if I could lose just a little. At least its no rt a gain. We'll find out in the morn.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    EVERYGOAL MET!!!

Eating an early dinnner at 5:30...absolutely no food or water after 7:30
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Low sodium
    No booze...not even an option for today
    81 minutes of exercise
    96 oz of water :drinker:

Girlfriend called to go to $1.00 burgers and pitchers of beer...DECLINED :grumble: I am hoping for something tomorrow, even if it's a 0.4 lb...:ohwell:

Faith, didn't you win Immunity last time?? Congrats on the scale movement. Sorry about the unwanted guests...maybe, play some music for them. ha, ha, ha. :wink:
  • faithikins
    Options
    :drinker: woohooo on meeting all your goals.

Yeh I did win immunity last time, but it makes me lazy. :laugh: It would be nice though.

Me playing loud music against a loud footy fans' game? :laugh: I don't like my chances. If I can hibernate in my room and get away with it I'd be happy!
  • nisijam5
    Options

Yeh I did win immunity last time, but it makes me lazy. :laugh: It would be nice though.

Faith, I imagine if you don't want immunity...you could donate it!!! That way, it will keep you mojo going.

Well Muscle Busters...it's looking good so far...hopefully, we can win this week

I bought a deli salad today...kale, granny smith apples (diced), blueberries, feta cheese, almonds, green onions, canola oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic and red pepper flakes

I'm new to kale...but, it's supposed to be a superfood....I'm thinking it's something our horse, Buddy, would enjoy :tongue:

I got some nice exercise in today and hoping that I will have some calories left for some red, red wine :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith...just wanted to let you know that you were super inspirational for me the past few days...with all the company and events that I needed to attend, I had a small loss rather than a gain...so glad that you listed the goals

Plus, I finished Week 1, Day 4 of the C25K...I feel so good about it!!!