MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options
mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
Fellow Muscle Busters: we'll use this thread to check in with each other, and motivate when needed, and ensure our victory in the competition! :smokin:

Ok peoples, let's get ready to bust out our muscles and bust the fat away! I'm pumped, are you? :drinker:

Any specific plans you have for remaining in the competition? I'm working towards only consuming whole grains, and getting back to at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day for the eating aspect. As for exercise, my goal is *at least* 30 minutes of exercise a day - but would like to get in closer to an hour. This week marks my last week for the semester so I'm optimistic I can do this now that I'll have more free time to work with.

Best of luck in tomorrow's weigh-in! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    We're teammates again. Hope we do better than we did last time! I think the Wednesday weigh-ins are going to go much better.

I started a marathon training plan so that is what basically all of my exercise is going to consist of.

I need to watch my sodium intake so I am going to try to stay under sodium even on the weekends.
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Are you still in the other comp? I finally got my sodium in check and don't have too many issues with it any more. My biggest problem is FAT! BLAH! Working on it though... Good luck with the training.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    We're teammates again. Hope we do better than we did last time! I think the Wednesday weigh-ins are going to go much better.

I started a marathon training plan so that is what basically all of my exercise is going to consist of.

I need to watch my sodium intake so I am going to try to stay under sodium even on the weekends.

It's good to do some strength training at least twice a week if you can squeeze it in...it kind of boosts the metabolism
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Hello Katie,

I do OK with eating M-Thu, but F-Sun are aweful. So I am hoping this contest gives me to motivation to eat better and more cleaner on the weekends also. I already exercise enough. Eating is my downfall right now and what I have been struggling with. I am hoping that know I will be eliminated if I slack will motivate me to stay on point F-Sun.

Have a good day all!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Mollie...that is the most motivating part of the contest...but as you continue and lose weight, it feels even better:drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yay back to my normal weigh in day. BRING IT ON!! Time to lose more fat! :smile:
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start month 2 of Insanity and apparently that's when a lot of people have seen the most results (here's hoping) I also am really going to try concentrating more on my diet and adding in more protein each day.
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    I love Insanity! I only made it through about 4 weeks of it though and then I hurt my back, so I never made it to the last like 4 DVDs.

and Mollie I hear you about the eating, the weekends are so awful for me. I end up eating out so much and drinking... :drinker: which is definitely a problem.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump

Let's do this, team!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I have heard GREAT things about the Insanity workout, I'd :heart: to try it once I get through P90. I heard it's better than P90X, but I'm determined to finish this before I start something else....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Katie, there's a reason they call it insanity:tongue: if you think about it....We have P90X, maybe I'll have to give that a try. It's just that I don't have the luxury of doing it everyday. I've heard the first 2 weeks are so hard to get through because every muscle is totally fatigued.:yawn:

I just realized there are 3 lushes on our team. Dang, I should have rigged it better:grumble:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Yeah when you start your muscles are NOT used to it so it's difficult. I tend to not do it every day (it gets boring), but I do it more when it fits in to my schedule. Now that the sun comes up earlier I'd like to resume morning runs ~3 days/week.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Kim admittedly we have 4 (I don't think you included me in that count) I've been very bad since my health issues arose... even though I shouldn't....

I just finished the baileys in my coffee this morning.... gonna try and stay away from the kahlua.... but the damned absolut is in there and it's so nice out and stupid brisk now makes a arnold palmer type drink.. aaaaaahhhhhh

WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Kim admittedly we have 4 (I don't think you included me in that count) I've been very bad since my health issues arose... even though I shouldn't....

I just finished the baileys in my coffee this morning.... gonna try and stay away from the kahlua.... but the damned absolut is in there and it's so nice out and stupid brisk now makes a arnold palmer type drink.. aaaaaahhhhhh

WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER

I'm surprised someone so far away knows what an Arnold Palmer is! :laugh: He's from right outside of Pittsburgh (in Latrobe). Brisk makes all sorts of yummy drinks now. Hubby buys them, I try to stay away.....:frown:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I love me a good arnold palmer n vodka with a lemon lol.... :ohwell: :blushing: I hadn't learned of them but a few years ago but they are pretty popular all the way out here lol. Otherwise I've heard 'em called a California Tea It's hard not to pour one now while I'm cooking/baking, nothing better than doin it with the music on and a drink to pull ya thru, lol

So far instead I've had half a banana and a 1/4 banana and lots of aqua! but ooooooooh it's callin!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Uh oh, the lush count is climbing....:bigsmile:

Jessica, if you are near Niles, IL...stone's throw from Chicago...you need to go to Minneli Bros. deli...the Italian sausage is to DIE for...also, great deli sandwiches with all the Italian meats...I can't wait to go back just for that....Gyros, go to Central gyros on Belmont and Central...I still have to get you the fondue place, the name eludes me

Oh, Molly is from Chicago as well...she may know of some places...I think I remember she's from Forest Lake or Forest Park

I bought some Carnation Esstentials breakfast drink that I think I might use as a base for smoothies...lots of fiber and vitamins...doesn't tatse too bad, high in carbs.

Anyway, I got my new SELF magazine and that really motivates me as well...lots of ideas in there...plus, exercise tips for the exercise ball....I can roll around on those while I watch TV
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Kim - I keep those Carnation Essentials on hand for when I get in a good workout and I'm not that hungry but have too many cals left over. I agree they're not bad. No chocolate milkshake, but they'll do. Never thought of using that as a smoothie base, good thought! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kim - I keep those Carnation Essentials on hand for when I get in a good workout and I'm not that hungry but have too many cals left over. I agree they're not bad. No chocolate milkshake, but they'll do. Never thought of using that as a smoothie base, good thought! :drinker:

They had a "recipe" for milk, ice and a banana....but, I am thinking raspberries would be really good, greek yogurt...IDK what else
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ok let's do this. Adjusted settings to lower cals again to 1.5 lb loss a week :sad: Drinking only once a week is the plan for this lush. :grumble: This is going to be tough esp now it's getting into winter here and it's so hard to get out of bed to exercise. Switching it up to nights. Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou: