MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Ok fellow Muscle Busters - a new week is upon! If you're off track, get back on! :mad: If you've stayed on track, keep up the good work! :drinker: We need to prepare for our first victory at this week's weigh-in! So......let's go!:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Your right, the weekend was bad since I was not able to exercise...also, wasn't able to drink alcohol and binge on bad food.

I feel like my metabolism is "jacked" up right now d/t working that double. I'm def not as young as I used to be. So, I have these next 2 days to kick it into high gear. Yes, a win would be the best...
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    How is every one going? Are you all getting a big loss this week? My loss is going ok but I think it may need to be better. I am hoping every mother had a splurge and I have the advantage of not being a mum. :laugh: Bring on Wednesday! :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, I am doing OK this week...I think 3 to 4 lbs this week

Mollie, how did you do for the weekend? I know that your hardest time of the week. Do you think the thought of being eliminated helps? I know it does me!!!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, I thought after a long period of my weight bouncing around, that it was finally starting to go back down. Nope, after this week it seems like it is just going to bounce around at about a pound less than it was. Ugh, this weight loss stuff is so frustrating.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I thought after a long period of my weight bouncing around, that it was finally starting to go back down. Nope, after this week it seems like it is just going to bounce around at about a pound less than it was. Ugh, this weight loss stuff is so frustrating.

Sorry that you are having a hard time right now...it's tough...have you tried to zigzag the calories - or - increased protein
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, muscle busters....I dropped 3.6 today and would have liked 4 better...but, I'll be happy with that

I hope that we don't have to eliminate anyone from our team today...Good luck everyone...
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm scared it'll be me my dear.. I'm nervous about to weigh.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    :happy: Happy Hump day!:happy:

Well I blew it guys and gals.:grumble: Saturday I was good:happy: and Sunday was down hill.:angry: With that said I will take the maintain, :ohwell: since this has been my pattern.

A pattern I am trying to break but needless to say it is what it is. I was so bad Sunday I could not recover. But on a positive note I did not gain so I will rejoice with that for now and shoot for 344 by next Wednesday.

On Saturday I was back to 344. I have to find away to make it thru the weekends. It is like I feel like I need a break on weekends and I take it way too far. And this past weekend I exercised both days and one day at gym so you know I really over did it Sunday. I did not even log it all.

Congrats to all losers!!! Excellent job! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Good job maintainers because you did something right in order not to gain! I will take a maintain anyday over a gain.:drinker: A lose would have been even better but if not a loser than i will settle for maintainer.

And if you gained, that is OK, there is next week and none of us are perfect. Consistency not perfection! So forget about it already and move forward for next week's weigh in. YAY!!:wink:

Name: Mollie1037
    August goal weight: 298
    May 4: 348
    May 11: 348
    May 18:
    May 25:

Jun 1:
    Jun 8:
    Jun 15:
    Jun 22:
    Jun 29:

Kimsweighin5-11-11.jpg
  • faithikins
    Options

Mollie, how did you do for the weekend? I know that your hardest time of the week. Do you think the thought of being eliminated helps? I know it does me!!!
    Kim this is an AMAZING loss IMO well done! :drinker: :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options

Kim,

I just saw this today when Faith posted. Well I guess you see I did not do well. I managed to maintain. Hopefully this weekend will be better. Thanks for asking!

Congrats on your weight loss too!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    It is going to be a tough new week for me gals and guys. Sunday is a baby shower involving a pub lunch for my BFF. Monday is sushi train date with my BFF for lunch. Then Monday night we are going to a première of Pirates of the Caribbean, as my BFF won tix off a radio station. It is in the city and I am hoping they do not provide free food/drinks. :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, actually sounds like a fun week:drinker: ...but, leads to trouble:devil: ...which I like of like as well:love:

My goal for this week is to lose 1% - or - 1.8 lbs which means I really need to step up my game. I need a plan and here it is:

1) Burn 300 to 500 calories/day during cardio for 7 days
    2) 12 alcoholic drinks, maybe 15 since it's my weekend off and I can burn it off
    3) 3 to 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day

C'mon peeps, what's your plan?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    My game plan

1) 200-400 cals a day (it's hard when my exercise is limited)
    2)80 oz of water a day
    3)as much whole food as possible
    4)limited carbs (I love pasta and bread WAAAY too much)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My game plan

1) 200-400 cals a day (it's hard when my exercise is limited)
    2)80 oz of water a day
    3)as much whole food as possible
    4)limited carbs (I love pasta and bread WAAAY too much)

2 & 4 are good ones, I'll add those as well...what's a reasonable limit on carbs?

We need to rally this team!!!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Hmm I dunno about the carb amount, I'll look into it. Figure if you have 2 oz of pasta with dinner.. that's a good amount of carbs eh? I'd really like to try and have the bad carbs (breads, pasta and such) with 1 meal a day...... but crap that includes crackers and chips too! lol Lemme do some investigating, see what mfp sets me at... maybe I'll just half it and like I said limit it to carbs with 1 meal a day. ugh, but thats cereal too! lol

I get 201 carbs per day - that's good and bad. My 3T of coffee creamer= 3 carbs.. my HALF of a jazz apple = 11! lol.. who knows what I'm gonna do now! :grumble:

Maybe it's time to start the zucchini and eggplants as my pasta again.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Jessica...that's how Tamara lost the 3.6 lbs...she did Atkins for the week, she is very good about limiting the carbs...except for alcohol...I think that's the way to go
  • mamaturner
    Options
    funny b/c I could limit the alcohol easier than the bread/pasta! bahaha I had mainly meet yesterday and I'm paying for it today... then again I had way too much food in general yestrerday! lol

It's worth a shot, lets see if I can do it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    funny b/c I could limit the alcohol easier than the bread/pasta! bahaha I had mainly meet yesterday and I'm paying for it today... then again I had way too much food in general yestrerday! lol

Guess I shouldn't have eaten the cream cheese coffee cake then for breakfast...loads with carbs I'm sure:frown:
  • mamaturner
    Options

Guess I shouldn't have eaten the cream cheese coffee cake then for breakfast...loads with carbs I'm sure:frown:

perhaps but it sounds delicious! speaking of coffee cake, my parents were at Hahn;s Old fashioned cake shoppe or something like that, brought me back something called "just the crumbs" omg...... you can only imagine- it's the topping they use for their coffee cakes *drool*