MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Britt...hope you find your mojo...it is frustrating when your just stuck...Maybe, just order the pizza and get it out of your system...what exercise do you normally do? What can you change to shake up that weight-loss

I know I wasn't good this week...no exercise and way to many cocktails.

I'm gonna do the low carb thing and hopefully boost this old metabolism...I really don't want to eliminate another player from our team, it's kind of pi$$ing me off...hopefully, with the extra 1/2 lb. advantage we can triumph this week.

Britt, we can do this...
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hopefully our disadvantage to the other team helps :laugh: I made myself get out of bed and exercise today, even though it is cold and I am tired. Whaaaaaaa. I need to not let immunity make me lazy. I need to make this week a good one since I have a birthday the week after.

Good luck everyone, time to get the other team to lose a member! :devil:
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity at the beginning of April. Ever since then my weight has just kind of stalled. Everyone keeps telling me that the second month is when you really start seeing changes, but for some reason I just lost all motivation about 2 days into the second month. It doesn't help that the videos this month are longer. I think I just need to suck it up and finish out the last 3 weeks and try to focus on my diet more.

The problem with the pizza is it is never out of my system :( I'm pretty sure I could eat pizza every day of the week. I'm thinking about doing another 1 week "kick start" type of diet. It seemed to work really well when I first started trying to lose weight and at the end of it I don't feel as hungry and am more used to not eating the crappy stuff I want all the time now.

Good luck with the low carb thing. I don't know if I could do that for very long. I love carbs :love:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Britt...pizza is the devil :devil:

Maybe, just starting it again will help jump start things...I hate long workouts...I'm more of a 30 to 40 minute kind of girl
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, plan for today:

:sad: low carbs today
    :grumble: 30 minutes on the elliptical or more
    :love: 3 veggies and 2 fruits
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Kim I'm on the same boat as u, got the hrm on n ready for a beautiful day at Navy Pier! I'm gonna try n log food via iPhone otherwise were home tom afternoon. Yay we just picked out our puppy, we pick her up Wednesday morning! Happy beautiful Friday!!! Go outside! Lol
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have a shepherd/ husky mix....hope you like to vacuum...anyway, congrats on the new puppy (boy/girl)? How old? I want details
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Haha yea we read about the shedding. Were ready! She's a girl 3 months old n actually we don't pick her up til wed morning, but we're very excited!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Busters,

We are nearly halfway thru the week. How's the weekend going? Hope you are all behaving yourselves, he, he.

I worked until 3:30 AM last night. Unfortunately, I ate a chocolate hershey bar and some tea for caffeine.:grumble: But, I missed breakfast today and it kind of equals out

I work again from 3 to 11:30 tonight. Hoping to get a little elliptical in this morning. T-storms this weekend prevent me from doing anything outside.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm at the same weight this morning as last weigh in. I guess it's a good thing because it's been staying right around 136.5 for the last few weeks. We'll see if I'm still 135 something tomorrow when I weigh myself. That will be a big accomplishment.

I finally did my workout again last night, and tracked every single food I ate. Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's first birthday though so we are planning on some cake and ice cream later today to celebrate. I'll just have to be careful to not overindulge I guess.

Kim I hope you find some time to get on the elliptical later today. Keeping a varied schedule can make it hard to stay on track. I don't blame you at all for the hershey bar and tea. I probably would have ate more lol.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Britt, we have plenty of days left, you will do fine

Jessica, the puppy sounds soooo cute

I've managed to PI$$ hubs off before I leave for work...but, sometimes that's just how you get things done, right?? I'm kind of crabby and tired from working the OT. But, they were so short-staffed it was kind of sad.

So, only 8 hours tonight...no matter what!!! I've packed an awesome lunch/dinner and can't wait to eat it....no, hershey bar tonight....LOL
  • faithikins
    Options
    I indulged last night in a bottle of wine but stayed under cals yay. Working today helped as I can't indulge too much and be hungover. :laugh: I am eating well and drinking lots of water but I need to amp up my exercise like I did last week. I have been a bit lazy. Hopefully find the energy to do a big workout after work today. Immunity has made me lazy but we can't lose one from our team this week! I'm down a pound so far. When does one hit a plateau? Trust me I am so glad I haven't but it's been 5 mths so I have been dreading it coming.

Time for us to push harder so we don't lose this weeek!! :devil:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Ugh- I have been horrible and tomorrow will only be worse! We got home from Chicago about 6 and we leave 8 am tomorrow to go back. FIL does deck brushes for restaurant tile floors and signed himself, hubs and I up for the NRA (National Restaurant Association) show in Chicago. That means a huge amount of booths with products- cool... food- really really good food and of course.... booze. The upside??? um..... we have to walk to each one?!?!?! Monday and Tuesday may be fasting- water fruit and veg all raw!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Scale was down for me this morning and 3 more days to go :love: ...hoping to be down 1.8...it's looking good if I don't totally blow it

Faith, immunity is good; but, has a lot of pressure!!! Just stay focused on what you have been doing and you will be fine...I agree that I don't want to lose again this week. GRRRRR:explode:

Jessica, at least your busy, busy, busy....yes, do a fruit/veggie cleanse Monday and Tuesday:ohwell:

I am off tomorrow and Tuesday and will get a final push of exercise...thinking just cardio, any strength and I'll retain for the weigh-in...foodwise, continue to low-carb it...although, I am craving some pizza for tonight:sad:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I had a great day of exercise today and weight is remaining down...I am feeling good about the weigh-in Wednesday...I avoided alcohol this evening even tho I really wanted it...I'm totally having some cocktails on Thursday for sure.

Hope you all are super motivated and doing well

Irishgal is down like 3 lbs for the week from her weigh-in today...yikes...I would hate to lose another member of our team!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    I am having a big loss again this week, so can I pleeeeeease go and get a big mac Kim? I am super hungover. I'll work it off tomorrow. :brokenheart:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yes!!! You must eat a Big Mac when you are hung over. I, also, get a nice big cold bubbly cola to go with it. Faith, you are the big weight losing machine as of late. Oh, how's the hand?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey, muscle busters....

Tomorrow is weigh-in...I think I'll be down about 1.4 lbs

I'm going to Birkham yoga today, it's 90 minutes and about 105 degrees with 26 poses done twice...it doesn't really sound like a good time to me; but, I'm going and taking this one for the team. Your supposed to sweat your *kitten* off.

Jessica, I sure hope that you are on the veggie/water detox diet today, right?

Britt, I know that you have done your exercises all week and will break the 135 mark, right?

Mollie, you were really good during the weekend, right?

Faith, you threw up all the liquor, right
  • faithikins
    Options
    I got HJ's and it was great. My hand is sprained and very sore. It's my right hand too which I am right handed. The doctor asked if I hurt it being drunk and disorderly wth? Did he magically know I looked hungover? lol. Thankfully there is no work meeting this morning, so I can get a walk in before work. I was looking at a 3lb+ loss this week so I hope the HJ's hasn't killed it for me.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith...that is hilarious about the doc...drunk and disorderly...I mean, is there any other way:drinker: :drinker: I love having lushes on my team even if we are picked off one-by-one...have a good sleep