MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ok let's do this. Adjusted settings to lower cals again to 1.5 lb loss a week :sad: Drinking only once a week is the plan for this lush. :grumble: This is going to be tough esp now it's getting into winter here and it's so hard to get out of bed to exercise. Switching it up to nights. Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

Don't go too low or you'll want to binge...maybe switch up weeks to "fool" the metabolism

I hear ya with the booze, I'm already regretting this competition...but, we're gonna kick the fatty's butts and then I'm coming after yours:bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Where is 31 May in this comp? It will be my birthday and super lushy. I need immunity that week. :smokin:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :laugh: Where is 31 May in this comp? It will be my birthday and super lushy. I need immunity that week. :smokin:

Looks like it falls on a Wednesday....I think I have immunity set up for week 2...you might be OK since hopefully you will party after the weigh in
  • runner915
    runner915 Posts: 106
    Options
    I may be getting a little lushy tonight.... There is a margarita tasting here. yum. At least today is only Thursday, I will have plenty of time to make up for it before next week's weigh-in.

But I checked the scale this morning and I know I shouldn't have because it drives me crazy when I check everyday, but I was down quite a bit. It kind of makes me want to not go out tonight because I want to stay at that number, and I'm going to be very annoyed if my weight goes back up next week. I need to practice some serious moderation tonight and over the weekend. That is the hardest thing to me. I feel like once I go out to eat, or to a cookout or something, I have zero control and will just eat like I haven't eaten in weeks. I can hardly even tell when I'm full these days. I just need to be more mindful this weekend about how much food I'm eating, and I need to slooow down at all of our family get togethers so that I'm not eliminated next week! So at the two mothers' day brunches I'm going to, and the baby shower I have on saturday day I am going to try to fill my plates up with veggies and fruit, and of course drink a lot of water.

Does anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am working the whole weekend; so, nothing exciting for me.

Runner, don't know what to say about the all the outings...just do one plate with 1/2 veggies/fruit, 1/4 protein and 1/4 startch...2 to 3 bites of dessert and walk away...I say, enjoy the lushy night:drinker:

I just came down with horrible "cold" symptoms...might be good for weigh loss, bad for feeling like crap...you know how you lose so much from being sick and then start eating, I would hate to be eliminated for that in week 2. A weight gain would be terrible.
  • faithikins
    Options
    I only have sat off so no exciting plans here, but that makes my cals easier to stay under if I am working. My biggest challenge will be being mindful of what I eat tomorrow. I should promise to do 30 mins of exercise once my hangover clears. :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, just burn the alcohol off....you've been sucessful losing weigh even while having some indulgences.

Team, you will be happy to know that I feel like cr@p today with this virus. So, I have decided not to celebrate the holiday with vast quantities of drinking and fun. I will stay home and recoup. Go team:drinker:

So, my weigh-in on next Wednesday will be post-virus, post-menstral, post-air travel and post-Chicago vacation. :sad: All I can say is that I better be able to drop at least 4 lbs. :grumble: Well, that's the goal anyway.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better Kim!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow Kim you must not be feeling well to not celebrate with tacos and margaritas! Hope you feel better, get lots of rest! And by the sounds of all the "post" everything I'm sure you'll have a loss! Lots of aqua!

Meanwhile I'm having a prob controlling the night time eating! I was a little better today which means tomorrow will be even better. Once I'm done working look out, it's getting nice out and hubs works nights which means all day long him, baby girl and I will be out and about!

Already started our grocery list for next week, LOTS of fruits and veggies and lean meats!

Oh and nothing super for the weekend... last day of work is Saturday, which will make an extra special sleeping in late Sunday!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Jessica, you know me too well...I bet your excited about the farmer's markets and all the goodies there
  • mamaturner
    Options
    haha, and back at ya. YES I'm very excited for the farmer's market! We have our apple farm when the time comes and we'd like to find a pick your own strawberry farm (there's quite a few around)

Hubs wants me to join the farmer's market vendors to sell pies/cakes/tortes and such. well that was the first.. now after we made kolaches on Sunday that's all he wants us to make! Speaking of I still need your recipe to test out! The dough from this last one was a bit dense
  • nisijam5
    Options
    haha, and back at ya. YES I'm very excited for the farmer's market! We have our apple farm when the time comes and we'd like to find a pick your own strawberry farm (there's quite a few around)

Hubs wants me to join the farmer's market vendors to sell pies/cakes/tortes and such. well that was the first.. now after we made kolaches on Sunday that's all he wants us to make! Speaking of I still need your recipe to test out! The dough from this last one was a bit dense

I will have to get that from my mom...I ate those in Chicago...I literally forced myself to stop at 2 after I saw the nutrition.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Jessica, I hope they figure out a proper diagnosis for you...the spiders would be like spider veins...my :heart: goes out to you
  • mamaturner
    Options
    *drool* kolaaaaches. We made like 8 different kinds.. but I missed the dough they have in Houstin, it had this wonderful bagel type dough.. omg

and thank you.. I've been trying not to read too much about it. I'll have to google pictures of spider veins now b/c I still dunno... oh boy what am I getting myself into?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello all! Where are the MUSCLE BUSTERS.......:-)

Well I was able to get out of a dinner out this weekend. Going to fix dinner at home. I plan on going to gym tomorrow and going to do a short walk on Sunday to get my 360 min of cardio in. Weekends are though for me because of social functions, so I was saved this weekend.

That is my plan for staying on track. What is your plan to stay on track over the weekend?
  • faithikins
    Options
    I had a very lushy night, but I kept to plan and have not eaten crap today. I am going to be under my cals even without my exercise yet, WHICH I WILL DO. I am very proud of myself for not turning a day off work into a cheat day. Off to a good start!

Hope you are all moving and grooving, drinking lots of water! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Wonderful job Faith! It is hard to stay on track on a off day! I always struggle when not at work. The structure is not there. I am off Monday but I will be good since it is 2 days from weigh in. I was going to be off Friday but switched it to Monday. Monday's are always good for me because they start my week and my worst day at work!:laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Mollie, good job staying focused...I like how you have made a positlve change for the weekend.

I have been so good and then I snapped yesterday....started at work and I had a pop and some chocolate bark, I went to lunch and ate very healthy, got off work early and popped a bottle of wine and ordered pizza hut for the kids as a treat. I ended up eating one pizza roller, 1 slice of pizza and 2 pieces of crust only stuffed with cheese.:sick:

I have plenty of time to work it off for the weigh-in *fingers crossed*. I guess that will be my one splurge days.
  • faithikins
    Options
    Only a one day weekend for me and back to work for another 5 days straight. This should help me keep on track and have a good weigh in by Wed. It's comforting knowing we have longer to weigh in after a weekend. :love:

Happy Mother's day to all, hope the other team are celebrating with lots of wine and choccies! :smokin:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Busters

The weekend was busy with work. Friday 4 hours, Saturday 16 hours and Sunday 8 hours....I am pooped...didn't really log calories; but, I need to bust it tomorrow and Tuesday for weigh-in.

Take care,

Kim