30 Day Shred CHALLENGE!!! Join me!

Options

Replies

• JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Another question about the video. What equipment, if any, does it require? Can't wait to get mine in the mail so we can begin! I will post my measurements and info on the first day of the challenge and again on the 30th...
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Another question about the video. What equipment, if any, does it require? Can't wait to get mine in the mail so we can begin! I will post my measurements and info on the first day of the challenge and again on the 30th...

You need:
    - a mat or towel (you have to get up and down onto the floor - for crunches, etc)... I use a pilates mat
    - hand held weights - use whatever weight is comfortable for you (e.g. 3lb weights, etc... I use 8lbs just because that's all I have upstairs and they work fine - they make me sore though
    - running shoes / workout clothes

That's it!!! It is a great DVD and really works you! Because we've agreed to start next week, I've been so lazy! I should get off the computer and workout... :grumble:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Does this plan incorporate any cardio? I'm just wondering because I LOVE to run. Sounds like a great challenge though! And My bday is on the 28th of September so it would be extra motivating for myself to reach my goals by my bday!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I am on Level 2 on my 7th day. I consider myself in decent shape and it kicks my rear. The sweat absolutely rolls off of me. I'm in!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Where does she say that it should be done everyday? I don't think it should be done everyday since in a way you are doing some sort of resistance training. It is more muscle endurance because since she recommends low weight and higher repetitions but I think it should be done every other day. The 20lb weight loss is if you also follow a low calorie diet. I was very dissapointed when I got it. I was really expecting more from this dvd. It is sort of like going back to basics. I have an HRM and I only burn about 150 cals when I do it. I usually pair it with another form of cardio when I do it or add more weight trng to it. I do enjoy her frontside/backside dvds. Those really kick my butt.... It is just my opinion. Good luck to all of you in your challenge. :flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Does this plan incorporate any cardio? I'm just wondering because I LOVE to run. Sounds like a great challenge though! And My bday is on the 28th of September so it would be extra motivating for myself to reach my goals by my bday!

It does a combination of cardio, strength training and abs. You are probably in better shape than me - but it definitely gets me breathing hard during it!! It has 3 levels (20 minutes each) - I have only done levels 1 and 2 so far (I just got it last week) and it definitely gives me a workout!! I will probably still do some other cardio, etc. in conjunction with this DVD too to burn a few more calories per day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it so hope to be by Sept....Thanks, all.
  • food_junkie
    Options
    So I totally got talked into doing this!! 30 days goes by pretty fast right? So what do I have to lose except for a few pounds?! I was also sold on the 20 min. a day work out because with school starting I need a quick work out to add with my daily runs. Any who I just ordered it on amazon.com. Thanks for the challenge idea AJCM! I wonder how many lbs I can lose in 30 days...hmmm..well heres to finding out!!!! :drinker:
  • AJCM
    Options

There is indeed cardio, as your heart rate is up the whole time! It is only 20 minutes long, so I was planning on doing my morning run as usual, and then adding this in the late afternoon before dinner.

I think you would LOVE this DVD - it's a good hard workout!
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm in! Definitely need a turbo boost and as challenge to get me roaring!

I got the video at Wal-mart for 9.99$. I am definitely ready to start shreding! Yeah!
  • alisha123
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Can't wait to do this. And I promise to stick to it. I've been slacking and not working out regularly. This couldn't come at a better time because I'm getting married October 10th and really need this. So how is this going to work, is someone going to start a post weekly and then we all respond as to how we're doing?
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options

I got the video at Wal-mart for 9.99$. I am definitely ready to start shreding! Yeah!

I went to Wal-Mart but couldn't find it! Where was it? Near family, new releases, discount rack?!?! I couldn't find one fitness video.
  • AJCM
    Options

I went to Wal-Mart but couldn't find it! Where was it? Near family, new releases, discount rack?!?! I couldn't find one fitness video.

You can order it from Amazon, or Indigo (do you guys have that in the US? Borders online maybe? Most DVD / Music stores should carry it!!! Get it girl - we're starting Monday!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Can't wait to do this. And I promise to stick to it. I've been slacking and not working out regularly. This couldn't come at a better time because I'm getting married October 10th and really need this. So how is this going to work, is someone going to start a post weekly and then we all respond as to how we're doing?

Alisha and all - it's going to be great!!! Can't wait!!!

I think we should all check in Monday with our progress - share as much or as little information as you like - but maybe weight and/or pounds lost, and measurments?

I think we should have a Monday check in for sure, and then share our experiences during the week.

Does that work?
    :smile:
  • jlauren6
    Options
    Sounds good AJCM! I'm very excited to begin, although a little nervous about the soreness...we'll work through it!!!! I got my DVD through Netflix.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Sounds good AJCM! I'm very excited to begin, although a little nervous about the soreness...we'll work through it!!!! I got my DVD through Netflix.

Yeah - I did get pretty sore when I was doing it regularly in June - I'm thinking if I'm really sore, I could add some additional cardio to burn off the lactic acid - and we could always skip a day and replace it with other exercise if we're too sore to work the same muscle group, yeah?

Should be good!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I will be doing taebo as well since I love it and it will help burn more calories. It will also help me keep from getting burned out on Jillian. :happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I will be doing taebo as well since I love it and it will help burn more calories. It will also help me keep from getting burned out on Jillian. :happy:

I've been hearing a lot about this lately - the Taebo - what's it all about? Can you still buy the DVD's?
    Thanks!
  • jlauren6
    Options
    Taebo is a high intesity cardio kickboxing workout. It really gets you sweating. There are many DVDS and yes you can still buy them. I enjoy the workouts, but they are usually too long for me. 45-60mins. I get bored too easily with workout videos that are longer than 30mins. :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I love Taebo. I have been doing it off and on for years. I've been doing the amped series and it still kicks my rear. I noticed a difference in my arms after a week. He's very motivating and encouraging and it keeps me hyped up to make it through. It takes a while to get used to the moves but they do have introduction videos. Boot camp videos are also good. I think they have a few available at the libraries if you want to try them out.