Chicken breast ideas, please!!

Options
124»

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken breasts about 5 times a week. My general all purpose seasoning is garlic, pepper, and paprika. I use it every time. Several dishes include:

Low fat cream cheese spread on top. Place several frozen asparagus spears and bake. Serve with another veggies and a small amount of rice. I call this one Philly Chick Spear. :happy:

Diced up and placed on top of a small amount of rice, spoon a small amount of salsa, add peppers and onions and sprinkle shredded cheese. Dollop of sour cream and an avocado for Mexichick.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Lately I have been just baking chicken breasts plain and then adding something to it..like I sauteed 5 oz of diced chicken breast that was already baked in about a tsp of EVOO then I added 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce to it and let it get all hot and caramelized and what not (im southern) and I could eat that plain, make a sandwich, a wrap..a burrito...
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I cook chicken breasts often as well.

One of the easiest ways is to put the chicken breasts in a glass cooking pan, cover with a can of diced tomatoes, then bake. You can find diced tomatoes with garlic and herbs.

Another favorite; mix an egg and some soy sauce together. Dip the chicken breast in the egg mixture then into bread crumbs. Bake at 350. You can add what ever herbs you like to the bread crumbs.

Mike
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    mix some runny honey with some mustard powder and a bit of low sodium soy sauce to help liquify it a bit (not too much) then brush/spoon onto the chicken breasts and bake in an oven till cooked, you can wrap it in foil or keep it open, but it does tend to caramelize if left open
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great ideas here, much appreciated.
  • vidalia222
    vidalia222 Posts: 15
    Options
    I put a chicken breast on a piece of foil and cover it with a tsp of minced ginger, minced chilli to your taste, shake over some soy sauce and top with sliced pak choi and spring onions (scallions). I then wrap up the parcel so there is space at the top for the steam and put in a steamer basket over a wok of boiling water and steam until cooked - 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breast. Carefully unwrap the foil and serve the chicken breast sliced with brown rice and with the sauce poured over. Very filling, very low calorie and almost no fat. It can also be done with salmon or white fish fillets but only steam for around 10-15 minutes.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump...wish there was a better way to tag a thread mx
  • jem728
    Options
    bump
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    All of these sound so good...great topic! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    my standards have already been mentioned so thanks for the ideas!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumping again:flowerforyou: