Starting Couch to 5K (c25k) Monday, May 9th! Anyone with me?

Options
12346»

Replies

• NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Gonna have to start Tues. though cause I had kendo Monday.
    App ready to be used, gotta get my money's worth, right? :P
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Here's the link for Week 1 again, since it got lost in all the posts--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235921-firerunners-c25k-may-9th-group-week-1
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Here's the link for Week 1 again, since it got lost in all the posts--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235921-firerunners-c25k-may-9th-group-week-1

Well I completed week 3 day 1, my legs ached loads, i have found if i walk an extra 5 mins after the cool down it helps to calm it down.
    How was every ones first day? I hope it well for you all.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done. Calves ached in first run but OK after that.

Now TMI - my tummy has been very "irritable" since Monday(first run), wondered if I should have taken toilet paper with me :noway: Anybody know if this settles as you go on??

Thanks
    Lesley NZ
  • purple1butterfly
    Options

Now TMI - my tummy has been very "irritable" since Monday(first run), wondered if I should have taken toilet paper with me :noway: Anybody know if this settles as you go on??

Thanks
    Lesley NZ

It should settle down, well done for doing day 2. You body is adjusting to you running, i eat a banana after as it has potassium in, it helps with mussels & other things
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Lesley NZ

It should settle down, well done for doing day 2. You body is adjusting to you running, i eat a banana after as it has potassium in, it helps with mussels & other things

Thank you. This group have gone to a new post "firerunners,,,,,Something" you will find it - I reposted there :)
  • bhsnow
    bhsnow Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in. I know I am starting late, but I need to do something. I used to run - 2 5ks last year - but then my personal life went to hell and I gave it up. I need to get back in shape and stop feeling so badly about myself. I hope this will give me the push I need to invest a little time and energy in me, as opposed to always investing in the needs of others. Thanks for getting this ball rolling HaleyAli - I hope your first week has started off well!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday, but only about 3/4 of the program for fear of being too tired or sore to make it back home. I was not as winded as I thought, and I smoke too :sad:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    i actually started this last week but due tome some old injuries the high impact or running isn't an option at this point. i am using the elliptical. i realize it isn't the same but i was hoping that as the weight comes off moving it outside might be an option. hope this isn't cheating, but i really do like it!! :bigsmile:
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am in. I started on Monday 9th using an app on my iPhone. I am doing again this lunchtime around Hyde Park although raining at the moment in London but I am determined to fit it in today.
  • AngiLynn
    AngiLynn Posts: 7
    Options
    I want in! I have always wanted to become a runner. But I'm starting kinda late. I'll start tonight. =] I just get soooooo embarrassed running outside. I feel like everyone's watching and judging me. How do I get over it??
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    i actually started this last week but due tome some old injuries the high impact or running isn't an option at this point. i am using the elliptical. i realize it isn't the same but i was hoping that as the weight comes off moving it outside might be an option. hope this isn't cheating, but i really do like it!! :bigsmile:

Someone recommended I do it on the elliptical too because I have knee and foot pain on my left side. I damaged a joint in my foot about a year ago. I did day one on the treadmill but couldn't make it through the running sets very well. That's something to think about... I just didn't want to seem like I was cheating either!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

Someone recommended I do it on the elliptical too because I have knee and foot pain on my left side. I damaged a joint in my foot about a year ago. I did day one on the treadmill but couldn't make it through the running sets very well. That's something to think about... I just didn't want to seem like I was cheating either!

i figured it wasn't cheating as long as i was up front about it. it may not be the actual plan but i am certainly burning calories even with my adaptations and i guess ultimately that's what it's all about. right??
  • purple1butterfly
    Options
    I have been doing the C25K out side . i know i am losing inches as my leggings have started to come down tonight while on my C25K. I am starting to get excited now :laugh: :happy: week 3 day 2 completed.