How did you come up with your goal weight?....

Options

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    100 lbs lost sounded like a good number. Also 134, puts me pretty square in the middle of a healthy bmi. My husband thinks I should shoot for 150. I'll re-think it when I get closer.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure why I picked 150lbs. I guess at 203lbs, 150 just seemed like the perfect weight for me. I hit my goal in September and am able to stay right around it.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I picked 175 because the lowest I have been in my adult life was 189 and I felt that I looked good then, but felt like I could have lost more... I got my body composition analysis done from my dr and found out I have 160 lbs of lean body mass (muscle, bone, organs) so I'm thinking 175 would be pretty much the lowest I can realistically go without losing muscle or organs LOL.

I plan on going back in a few months to see how much the numbers have changed!
  • emandbri
    emandbri Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks all for the responses so far! It has been fun to see how others choose a number.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is the weight that I can remember feeling confident at, and being able to buy clothes easily. It is just inside the 'healthy' BMI range for my height.

HOWEVER, my goal measurements (hips, waist, bust) are much more important to me because I expect that this time around I'll have more muscle to help sustain my new weight, and muscle weighs more, but I might be the same measurements. If that makes sense! :)

x
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I came up with my goal weight by first setting a body fat% goal. Looking at various guidelines for a healthy male, I set 15% as my target percentage. I calculated my current lean body weight and added a few pounds because I am looking to add some muscle, and then divided that by 85%.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    The lowest weight I can be without being underweight.
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140. Still more than I should be given my height of 5'1". I lost a lot of weight 20 years ago and got down to 130. That was really hard to maintain so I am shooting for something I know I can manage. I still have a ways to go but I am thinking now that I will aim for 135 and see what happens when I get there.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I haven't picked a final goal weight yet. My first mini goal was to get back down to 215, the weight I was when I met my husband (half way there!). My second goal is to get below 200, I haven't seen that in almost two decades. I guess I am aiming for around 160ish, but if I feel and look good at 175 then I'll be happy.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If you look at my profile photos, in the one taken on Venice Beach, I was at my ideal weight of 161lbs - this is what I am aiming to get back to. I was 41, and very fit and healthy then - I am determined to be like that again!

So 161 - that's my goal!
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I set the first even kg into a healthy BMI which is 72kg or 158lb.

I will assess when I get there but I am quite muscular so it may be as much as I can do.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have sort of given my self an unrealistic goal as I when I was 185lb before people thought I was ill and I put a little back on then that turned in to alot and now I'm at 199lb and making slow progress. I would like to get back to looking ill again as it help with my riding.
  • jasonweinberg
    jasonweinberg Posts: 270
    Options
    i picked 199 because starting out at 321 i just thought it would be a dream come true to drop below 200. i hit goal about 6 weeks ago and then bounced back up a little. i've now set a new goal of 190 to give myself a little cushion and because i found life without a weight-loss goal after having one for so long a little aimless. the charts say for my height i should be around 170 so who knows maybe i'll keep going till i get there...
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I was 140lb a couple years ago and thought I could still stand to lose 10lb and tone up so my goal's still around 140 or so but to be toned.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It's bang in the middle of a healthy BMI, about 21.5 - 22 ish.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I added 10 lbs to what I was when I graduated college. I figure if I can get to that weight and maintain it for at least a year then I will consider if I need/want to go lower. My goal weight is at the upper end of what is considered a "normal" weight by BMI. When I get there, It will be the lowest I have been in 10 years.
  • spiritmachine
    Options
    I picked the lowest weight I've been in my adult life--155. That's my sixpack weight.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be at my pre-pregnancy weight as that is where i felt healthy and happy with my body.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My first goal was a healthy BMI (136lbs)
    My ultimate goal (125lbs) is in the middle of the healthy range. Plus when I was around that weight before I was comfortably wearing a size 6.
  • brunettebetty
    Options
    I looked up the healthy weight range for my height and picked right in the middle. :happy: