BIKINI BY JULY 4TH 8WK CHALLENGE -- WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Kicked some MAJOR exercise booty today and ate well too. This stomach pooch is shrinking before my very eyes :happy:

*LIKE*!!! :)

Argh on the bus into work my lunch (vegetarian chilli) EXPLODED in my bag and went all over my gym gear :( So no Yoga tonight for me, lucky it wasn''t a cardio day but still gutted to break my good record this week!
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope it is not too late to join this cool challenge. :)

Username: kschoono
    First name: Kathleen
    Height: 5"5
    Starting Weight: 144
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 135
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? I am going to eat more veggies & fruit, stay under 1500 calories & also work out at the gym. I also hope to do some running & walking.
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! Not yet, but it will be fun to go shopping for a new bikini. :)
  • imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hundredpushups.com is the challange. It'll probably take me about 7-8 weeks to complete, so it's a greAt time to start now! Even doing the challenge starting with girl pushups is great too.Whoever is interested we can all record our progress and motivate each other on here! Pushups work more than your arms! Sick core and legs WO too Look up all the benefits, it has "beach bod" written all over it!:) I just finished week one today with a partner! :) let's do this!

Going to take this challenge on as well, I will start tomorrow!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    So motivated today- I ran 24 minutes today (over intervals). I planned on stopping at 19 minutes but thought of posting more on here! Yay- motivation!! Nothing better :) Oh the bikini too!

Raquel- let me know how that hrm works for you. I know it's quite the investment and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I haven't heard one negative but the money aspect just gets me every time.

Keep up the great work everyone! Welcome to the newcomers!

Getting an extra workout in today and tomorrow because I have a wedding on Saturday. It's at my favorite winery- YUM! I'm sure I'll be over on calories so I have to make up for it now!

Hope it's okay if I jump in with my 2 cents about using a hrm. I didn't see if you were talking about a specific one, but I use mine all the time. It was a significan chunk of change to plunk down but probably the best money I've spent on me in a very long time. Seeing the numbers is really motivating in a more personal way than a generic website estimate. IMO, with the moolah.

I started p90x this week and can honestly say I'm liking the workouts more than I expected to. Wha an awesome surprise :)
  • Anathema13
    Anathema13 Posts: 27
    Options
    Mind if I join? If that's okay, here's my info ~

Username: Anathema13
    First name: Anathema
    Height: 5'5.5"
    Starting Weight:159
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 150
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? Exercising before work 1-2 days a week, staying under my calorie goal and not eating past 7 p.m.
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! Sure do!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    So motivated today- I ran 24 minutes today (over intervals). I planned on stopping at 19 minutes but thought of posting more on here! Yay- motivation!! Nothing better :) Oh the bikini too!

Raquel- let me know how that hrm works for you. I know it's quite the investment and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I haven't heard one negative but the money aspect just gets me every time.

Keep up the great work everyone! Welcome to the newcomers!

Getting an extra workout in today and tomorrow because I have a wedding on Saturday. It's at my favorite winery- YUM! I'm sure I'll be over on calories so I have to make up for it now!

Hope it's okay if I jump in with my 2 cents about using a hrm. I didn't see if you were talking about a specific one, but I use mine all the time. It was a significan chunk of change to plunk down but probably the best money I've spent on me in a very long time. Seeing the numbers is really motivating in a more personal way than a generic website estimate. IMO, with the moolah.

I started p90x this week and can honestly say I'm liking the workouts more than I expected to. Wha an awesome surprise :)

Love the input! That's kind of what I was thinking- more motivational because it's real- not just an estimate. I think it's time to start saving up to buy one. Any extra bit of motivation helps!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    def helps motive me and seems to be super accurate, just make make you take care of it well for maximum potential :)
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    def helps motive me and seems to be super accurate, just make make you take care of it well for maximum potential :)

What is def?
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

What is def?

definitely. i don't know what I was thinking typing this, it's hardly english.

-the HRM I use, Polar ft4 helps to motivate me to stay in my suggested heart rate area for more of a calorie burn. Using the HRM with HIIT is my perfect way to exercise. From what I can tell it's really accurate.

The care directions are pretty simple and crucial for accuracy: drench the strap with water before and after each use. Make sure you detach the monitor after every workout, throw the strap in the wash every 5 workouts and dry the monitor off after you workout.

I got it off amazon for 72 bucks, w/o shipping and honestly I would have paid double

its pretty simple and highly raved about:)
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'd like to join please!

Username: Lauz45
    First name: Laura
    Height: 5'3
    Starting Weight:143.25 (as of today)
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 133
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? Couch to 5K every other day, sticking to 1200 net calories a day, using the nike workout app and anything else I can do!
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! Oh yes...just found it online, and it's purple :)
  • mlconway
    mlconway Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm in!

Username: mlconway
    First name: Melissa
    Height: 5'1"
    Starting Weight: 108 lbs
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 100 lbs
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? Training for the Army 10-miler, eating as close to 1200 calories a day, BodyRockin' (Hopefully there's some other BodyRockers out there!), and doing anything active as much as possible!
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! Yes! I've had it picked out for months....it will be a great reward!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Did a bunch of leg work today. Anyone ever tried one legged wall squats? :noway: Bikini legs and butt, here I come! :bigsmile:
  • themylady
    themylady Posts: 4
    Options
    Username: the mylady
    Height: 5'10''
    Starting Weight: 185
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 170
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? I'm doing 20 minutes of stationary bike every day, I'm doing the Flirty Girl Fitness DVD 4 to 6 times a week (40 to 45 minutes each segments) and I'm eating well... I'M not a sugary person, so, that part is the easiest...;)
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! No, because I have big breast and It's not easy to find one that fits well, so, it's better for me to wait until I reach my goal and then, go shopping...;) As a reward at the same time!
    I won't have anymore childs so, what I'm doing now for my body should go the long way afterward...;)
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, and welcome to the Bikini by July 4th Challenge!!! I'm so glad you're all here to help each other stay motivated and inspired for the next 8wks!!

So here's what I need from you this week...
    Username: Cariandy
    First name: Cari
    Height: 5'7.5"
    Starting Weight: 146~now, was 161 in Jan..
    Goal Weight by 7/4/11: 140 or a little under
    What are you doing to get bikini-ready? 5 days a week gym (elliptical 30min, run 30min, and weight training 20min) also outdoor running (training for my first half marathon!!) and any outdoor activities now that it's nice!!
    Do you have your bikini picked out yet?! Yep, but I'd love to go shopping for more! :wink:

I'll be keeping track for the group with each of our weekly check-ins. If there's anything I've missed just shoot me a message and I've tried to friend everyone in hopes that you'll always see these check-in's and related messages. Thx!
  • jannapurna
    jannapurna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When is the weigh-in day??? I'm excited to see the results of others!
    I'll post mine later when I have time to do my measuring... :)
    Fingers crossed!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join. I just saw this.

Username: dyiaane
    First Name: Diane
    Height: 5'4
    Starting Weight: 127 as of Friday
    GW by July 4th: 122
    Doing: P90X (just started week 11), Kickboxing, Gym aerobics class, walk the dog, jogging, Thinking about doing C25k... I work out 6 days a week and always have worked out at least 4 so I have been stepping it up lately.
    I have bikinis from last summer. I was 122 last July thats why I want to get back down to that weight so I will be ready!
  • aylankilee
    aylankilee Posts: 2
    Options
    Hope its not too late for me to get in!

Username: aylankilee
    First Name: Stephanie
    Height: 5' 4"
    Starting weight: 136
    GW by July 4th: 126
    Doing: Zumba, Chalene Xtreme, Bob Harper & Jillian Michaels dvd's, turbo jam

Bikini yet - Have one that is really cute - just need to lose lots of inches before I want to see myself in it!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Update: 1 pound lost this week! I'm happy with it because I did the best that I could with calories and didn't work out that much.

Today I ran for 2 miles straight without stopping! Feels great! I will be running most days from here on out. I have found a half marathon race that is in August and training officially starts May 30th. For now I am building my 3 miles base. This weeks plan is this:

Monday - run 2 miles, JM Yoga Meltdown
    Tuesday: Speed work on treadmill, volunteer garden
    Wednesday: Run 3 miles, stretching
    Thursdays: Run 3 miles, stretching
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Run 3 miles, stretch
    Sunday: Rest. (Graduation Day!)

Keep up the great work!
  • jannapurna
    jannapurna Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Update:
    I lost 1 pound and 7 inches overall this week!!! I'm so happy because I've finally broken into the 150's. Finally!
    I did hot yoga 8 days in a row, biked to and from work every day, and counted calories.
    This week I'm going to do yoga at least 5 days, and starting tomorrow I'm going to start doing the two hundred sit-ups program - www.twohundredsitups.com

Sam: Great job running for 2 miles without stopping!!! Congrats on the 1lb as well!
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This week I focused on 30DS and BFBM. Those workouts were killer! I will alternate between the two videos for the next two weeks and then I will be starting my Abs & glutes class at my local rec center. I had graduation dinners to go to this past weekend as well but I held up pretty well opting for veggies and baked chicken, and only a BITE of a delicious chocolate cupcake lol.

My official weigh in days are Saturday mornings. and congrats to all those that have lost this past week!