If You Could Choose ONE Food that you Can't Diet Without ...

Options
In the interest of keeping this thread super helpful to everyone, but concise and to the point, tell us the ONE food or drink that is the MOST helpful to your staying on track, calorie and nutrition wise. I can't wait to find out what your little "gem" is! Maybe we'll all add it to our food repertoire, too!

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    NATURE'S GRAIN CARB CHECK DOUBLE FIBER BAGELS
    150 calories, 19 grams of fiber, 14 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Water really. I use to be addicted to coca-cola classic. Like 6 cans a day or more. That's scary considering each one is like 240 calories.
  • ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WATER!!! I find if i dont get enough water during the day I just feel flat.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs.... I know...I am strange... LOL
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say non-fat yogurt. It's the perfect blend of protein and carbs for me.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Tuna...lots of protein....
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Jello Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Pudding - 60 calories

Satisfies the sweet tooth so I don't go off the edge into a huge Hershey's bar!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples. Delicious, cheap, portable, non-processed and a great afternoon snack to keep you going until dinner.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Popped myself, not from a bag, with no butter on top, but a low sodium seasoning. It's about 170 calories, and it's very filling, sometimes it takes me 30 mins to finish it.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Walmart Vanilla Ice Cream Cups: 100 Cal.

Ice cream is my weakness and there is nooooo way I can control myself....1/2 cup just looks so small. So these preportioned beauties allow me to indulge my craving, without going overboard (Typical serving that I scoop for myself is 320 cal; no self control lol)
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Fresh tomatos

&

Water!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese - lower sodium than cottage cheese, low sugar, protein source. Love it!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I use it in everything now!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter ( all natural no sugar added) and bananas yeah its an elvis thing I think LOL
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese - lower sodium than cottage cheese, low sugar, protein source. Love it!

I use it when I make lasagna and other pastas, but how do you use ricotta on a daily basis? You have my attention! :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bananas. They have replaced the sweets I used to indulge in.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Avocados. :love:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Choose just ONE?! It's not a food, but it would be water.

My father-in-law manages a RC Cola Plant and gets a ridiculous amount of RC, Sundrop, RedBull..ect My husband and I could go through 6 (12 pack) can cases in about a week.

It have made me feel better and helped me make better food choices.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Marie's Yogurt Dressing (blue cheese). I eat salad almost everyday with this stuff.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    2% Cheese Stick / All Natural Peanut Butter / Eggs / Multi Grian Oatmeal with Flaxseed (Whole Foods brand)