Hardest Thing He Ever Had To Do

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Wow..that is inspiring! Good for him!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing, that definitely added a little extra pump in my determination!
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Great story!!!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Great post! Please keep us updated if you see him again and if you talk/walk with him. Tell him about MFP!!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    awesome story! thank u for sharing! i most def needed to be reminded of this this morning! very inspirational!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Great post! Tell him about MFP! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    awesome story bam. thanks for sharing.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Very inspiring story...I remember when I first started doing 'real' workouts and how hard it was and that dude is really serious...I agree with you on the trainers but like you said, can't be sure if they were just busy, but it seems like somebody would've helped him out, but that really gave me the assurance that I can continue doing what I'm doing and even BETTER!!! Thanks Bam!!!:happy:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us.... gave me goose bumps, and truly inspiring.

I would go up and talk with him, a kind face and a nice word is just what he needs right now to keep him going......

very touching.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    THAT is AWESOME. Thanks so much for sharing! I think you should talk to him, a friendly gesture can make all the difference in the world to someone who feels uncomfortable at the gym.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    next time you see him, walk laps with him. I am sure he would appreciate it. give him someone to talk to!

I was going to say the same thing.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I think that would encourage him and let him know he is not alone. Thanks for sharing.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    That is awesome!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I hope you let us know if you see him agian.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    You gave me goose bumps. I hope he goes back to the gym so you can introduce yourself. There are too many judgemental people out there. He was stronger that day than any of the muscle heads lifting 500lbs!
    Same as above!!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    That is very inspiring, when I see people like "us" in the gym it is so cool. It's like their in here doing their thang to make a change. Those are the kind of people that I notice.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    Thanks for sharing. You should go up to him and say Hi or even walk with him......... I remember when I first started working out at my gym, I had this guy who came up to me and encouraged me to keep up the great work. That was 2 yrs ago and we still chit chat at the gym whenever we see each other, he has seen me go through my changes to a healthier person.
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    I really do hope you see this guy again and keep us posted as well. Who knows, over time you may become friends and then you can tell him about this remarkable place and then may be he will get to see the inspirational words left by his gym buddy - I am a sucker for a happy ending.
  • You're right - that had to be extremely hard for him to do! How inspirational ... thanks for sharing!!!
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    I love this story. It is really inspiring. I am so afraid to go to the gym because of my size and fear rubber neckers.
  • chilipeppers
    chilipeppers Posts: 119
    man, If I ever become a personal trainer,I would offer my services to him(or others like him) for free. Especially because he had the guts and the pulll to get to the gym BY HIMSELF and be put out there like that. I'm sure more people who are way overweight (even people I know who aren't really overweight) don't want to even go in public, let along the gym. That is very inspirational and I do hope you get a chance to talk to him!
This discussion has been closed.