Starting 30 Day Shred Today!! Who's with me? 5/11/2011

Options

Replies

• Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @elksy, yes this seems to be a pretty active thread - glad you're joining us! I actually love the stretch/cool-down, but I'm not very flexible either. I guess it's just relief that the hard part is over LOL.
    Haha, I can definitely understand that! Maybe we'll be a little more flexible when the 30 days are over... fingers crossed!

Finished day three now! I actually managed to do regular pushups for the entire time! Well, okay, by the end of the second set they probably didn't resemble regular pushups at all, but man did they burn.

Regular pushups the whole time!! Whoo! Go you!

And yes Hannah those side lunges with the hands raises kill me too... But it burns sooo good!
  • annetten83
    annetten83 Posts: 20
    Options

Does anyone else find the stretches really hard? I'm so inflexible that I actually dread the stretching at the end.

OMG, yes! I think its the worst part of the whole video, lol!

I just finished day 3 today. Im a little sore, but it doesn't seem as brutal as it did yesterday.
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a good day 3, do you all feel like it is getting easier?? I felt like I kept along with them more tonight, still a couple minute breaks here and there, but was able to get right back into it. I gotta say though, those side squats with the weights lifted to your eyes.... are KILLER!!!! My arms seriously wobble for hours after the workout!
    Omg yes! Yesterday when I was doing it, I'm like I hate this part!!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought this dvd a month or so ago and have yet to start. I think I'll try it tonight after I get home from work. I'm in.
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I bought this dvd a month or so ago and have yet to start. I think I'll try it tonight after I get home from work. I'm in.

Glad you're joining us!
  • kfred08
    kfred08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :) started on Tuesday and hoping to stick with it for 30 days!!
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    Well Day 4 is down... seems to be getting better and better with each passing day, however when I was doing some of the moves my knee was giving me a bit of trouble so im hopeing tomorrow will be a little better on the knee.
  • carolinenp
    Options
    Finished Day 4 after cleaning. It is getting easier. I don't feel like I'm going to lie anymore. Cant wait to see the outcome. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a fabulous weekend!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I started back yesterday... I will be checking in daily! I need the motivation =)
  • TheCloverFreak
    TheCloverFreak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day three complete! I feel really good today!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    I started back yesterday... I will be checking in daily! I need the motivation =)
    Welcome!!
  • caitiecait
    caitiecait Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The push-ups are not kind to old rugby injuries I have, I swear, that's the part I dread each day.
  • rhapsody527
    rhapsody527 Posts: 60
    Options
    Finished day 3 last night! I can definitely feel a difference already, I feel a lot stronger now, and am able to keep up with the video for the most part. I totally agree, the side lunges with arm raises are killer!!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been having problems with ankle pain and almost feeling like it's going to buckle while I do this. Any suggestions? I've been doing it barefoot because it's the only part of me I'm comfortable showing off naked/stinky feet do not appeal to me, but maybe sneakers are what I need. =| Also, doing this in work clothes is more than a little awkward and I really need to bring a set of workout clothes to work.

The word "work" seems so awkward after overusing/abusing it in a sentence.
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I did finish Day 4... I just forgot to post here afterwards, haha. The sets don't seem to take as long anymore.
    OMG, yes! I think its the worst part of the whole video, lol!

I just finished day 3 today. Im a little sore, but it doesn't seem as brutal as it did yesterday.
    I KNOW! Especially the one where you have to put your arms behind your back... it's just killer.

@Zaggytiddies: Thanks! :)

@sandralina: Is there any specific part that hurts your ankles, or is it the whole DVD?
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi, all! I just joined myfitnesspal last night and I sure wish I had joined sooner now that I saw this thread! I completed day 28 of the Shred this morning and the weight loss and fitness website I was on all those days really lacked in motivation and activity on their 30DS challenge board. I just wanted to pop in and cheer you all on. JM is a beast, and this has been a real accomplishment for me. Keep going strong!!
  • sandralina
    Options
    @sandralina: Is there any specific part that hurts your ankles, or is it the whole DVD?

The lunges and jumping jacks are where I noticed it the most. Basically anywhere that I have to use my ankles as support, and definitely anything high-impact, so essentially... any time I'm on my feet. Ugh.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    @sandralina I'm not doing the Shred, I'm doing Ripped in 30 and the kettlebell workout, but I wouldn't recommend doing any high impact movement like jumping jacks without proper footwear. You need support! Definitely invest in some running shoes, and even better if you can wear something that you can move comfortably in i.e. t shirt and shorts.

Today I did one of the level 2 workouts from JM Ripped in 30 and it was killer but I did it! It felt great.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stephinow!

Sandralina- What if you wrapped them beforehand?
  • sandralina
    Options
    I suddenly had an image of me wrapping my feet in bacon. Pretty sure I've lost my mind.

Going to try to rummage for my sneakers. I'm always in the house barefoot, so this is going to be interesting tonight. Hmm.