BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options

Replies

• prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates daily, I only weigh myself once a week--a little less frustrating. Hang in there.

I agree - I weigh myself every morning just to check my progress but I dont log it in MFP, only on Mondays - I also use a digital scale that tells me how much of my weight is fat, water, and muscle - then I know daily if the % of water or muscle increased so I know what the weight gain or loss is attributed to... (got it from Target for about $30 on sale)

WEIGH SAME TIME EVERY DAY! and do your official weigh-in the same day at the same time every week -

Also muscle weighs more than fat so if you're doing a lot of stength training you could be pumpin up muscles. Thats why you should track measurements also
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks I forgot to write it down :)
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping my TOM doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow... eep! Any ladies have insight on this?
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Did KenpoX today and now am going to have some fun in my studio. Have to make some gifts for people and havent had the time to do it.

Happy Sunday to everyone.
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    happy sunday of a long weekend to you!!!!
    SInce we are weighing in tomorrown (looooong weekend monday)....way to keep us on track :)

Sooooooo I did 60 mins of bicycling @14-18km/her and burned 650 calories!!!!!

I dont think I EVER exercised on a long weekened before...... YEAH TO ME!!!

Usually camped, ate and drank...... but this year its moderation !!!!

THANKS TO BOB :)
  • prplangl4
    Options
    why is it a long weekend?
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's Victoria Day in Canada :)
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    why is it a long weekend?

I was wondering too I thought maybe I had missed memorial day lol
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello: Everyone

I did 53 minutes of Wii Boxing today, hoping this will help with my weigh-in tomorrow. :wink: Yes, everyone will weigh less on Monday and meet their goals. :bigsmile:
  • ashley2789
    ashley2789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello: Everyone

I did 53 minutes of Wii Boxing today, hoping this will help with my weigh-in tomorrow. :wink: Yes, everyone will weigh less on Monday and meet their goals. :bigsmile:

I hope so. I am under calories and have worked out 6 out of 7 days and I feel fat, Maybe I wont feel like this in the morning when I do my weigh in and measurements--fingers crossed.:bigsmile:
  • ready4achange1
    Options
    Just did a 40 minute walk with my son and it was so peaceful, burned 293 calories at 45% fat. I am hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Good Luck Everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hannahrenee86
    Hannahrenee86 Posts: 183
    Options
    I did 40 mins of Frisbee with a 1.75 mile jog. Plus I did my challenge which took 20 mins.

Have to drink more water today though!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    happy-monday1.jpg?w=377&h=322

MONDAY MAY 23rd - DAY 8! "TAKIN CARE OF BUSINESS”

CHALLENGE/TIP
    WEIGH-IN! Today is weigh-ins for our first week! Message me your weigh-ins. Many will lose some and others may have gained, but that doesn’t mean you’re hard work won’t pay off. Don’t stop believing in yourself, hold on to those feelings of losing weight and feeling great. This is the start of a new week – get ready to start takin care of business and tell yourself you ain’t seen nothing yet – go hard this week and don’t stop til you get enough!!! CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Try to do at least 20 minutes of nonstop activity EVERY DAY!

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. DON’T STOP BELIEVING – Journey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80
    2. TAKIN CARE OF BUSINESS – Bachman Turner Overdrive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIUf8eYPqA
    3. YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YET – Bachman Turner Overdrive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FKJ3kHOD8&feature=related
    4. DON’T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH – Michael Jackson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURRmWtbTbo

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    It is the start of a new week. Days you don’t feel like doing anything, what gives you the drive to get up and workout?

SHOUT OUTS
    To mindeyc for one of today’s song’s – takin care of business!
    To Ping_A1C2U who went to Disney with the lil one this weekend and didn’t go over calories!!! NICE!
    To EVERBODY who worked hard this last week! And to everyone who’s gonna take care of business today and get off to a great start for the new week!!!

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT DEAR.......WOOT WOOT!!!
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    Well, it's our first weigh-in and I have attained my goal of losing 2 pounds. Whoot Whoot! I find myself trying to be very happy about that, because before doing MFP with the calories / workouts I was able to lose much more weight by umm... Not eating at all. But, I know that isn't healthy and I'm trying to be a healthier person now, not just a skinnier one. :drinker:

It is the start of a new week. Days you don’t feel like doing anything, what gives you the drive to get up and workout?

This week was a hard one for me workout-wise. I had previously irritated my old rotator cuff injury and had to take a break from my regular TurboJam workout and do more stretching and circuit training instead. I work out at home, and I have five children, a man, and over the weekend I usually have extra children in the house, so finding the time (and the privacy / space) to work out can be a big challenge. I am too self-conscious to be able to do it in front of them all with them all sitting there gawking at me. So, there were days when I didn't do anything. And summer is almost here. Only three days till school is out. :noway:
    My plan is to do my workouts before they all get up in the A.M. since they are all such late sleepers if left to their own devices, lol.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I worked out every day. I normally take a rest day here and there, but walked on some of the days I would normally rest! Will get a better idea of what is really going on with my burn when I get my HRM (supposed to be in tomorrow). The only real issue I had was this weekend. On Saturday I did a 15 mile trail run. When I do long distances, I can't take in enough calories and I don't feel like it as it is a natural appetite suppressant. Then yesterday, I could have eaten my arm and really had to try to curb this. As I am training for three 50K races (July, Sept, Oct), this will probably be the norm all summer and fall.

I will be going out of town Wed-Fri (daughter having eye surgery). We will be flying, therefore I can't take my own food. This should be VERY interesting. I haven't flown in nine years and I ALWAYS take my own food everywhere I go (runners are that way). Will try to get some exercising in, but God knows what exactly will be happening. Will be an interesting experament to be sure!

I did attain my goal of .5 pounds. I actually lost 3 as I had just started this journey. I don't think that will be the norm. LOL!!

Happy weigh-in everyone!! Please friend me, everybody!! :flowerforyou:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT DEAR.......WOOT WOOT!!!
    I am the same - kids and their friends over - don't like to work out in front of all of them - so I make myself get up 1/2 an hour earlier to do my Wii fit. Now that I've been doing it awhile, I don't care so much if they are watching - figure it's being a good model for them. Good luck!
  • destinationparadise
    Options
    Happy Monday!! I didn't loose any weight this week but now instead of going home and looking forward to sitting on the couch all evening I am now looking forward to walking and lifting weights. I feel great and I think I am becoming addicted to walking. Wow what a change.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did it. I reached my goal, plus. Thanks to all my yardwork. I am only about half done.
    Today is an inside day as it is pouring outside. We need the rain to help with the forest fires. Hopefully they will be out soon. My son, son-in-law, brother and nephew are all home because they work in the area where the fires are the worst and roads in are shut down
    For those camping this long weekend, sorry we do need the rain and we have had two beautiful days. Be happy because it usually snows this weekend.
    Put your best foot forward and have a great week. Need to update ticker