BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options

Replies

• TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to make my goal. That makes me sad. But the website and this group make me happy. I hope we all continue to motivate each other!! I shall not give up! Neither should you!!

<3 isabelle
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to make my goal. That makes me sad. But the website and this group make me happy. I hope we all continue to motivate each other!! I shall not give up! Neither should you!!

<3 isabelle

do small goals - send me a goal weight for June 20th (5 weeks)...since we weign in each mon set yourself a goal for each week so you keep yourself in check on a weekly basis!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    do small goals - send me a goal weight for June 20th (5 weeks)...since we weign in each mon set yourself a goal for each week so you keep yourself in check on a weekly basis!
    Ok. I like the weekly idea!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    website is amazing :)
  • Soufsidekitho
    Soufsidekitho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    (BOB) Battle of the Bulge Summer Weightloss Challenge!:
    SW - May 16: 212
    Wk #1 - May 23: GW:209 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #2 - May 30: GW:206 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #3 - Jun 06: GW:203 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #4 - Jun 13: GW:200 Actual: (???.?)
    Wk #5 - JUNE 20 WEIGH-IN GOAL: 197
    I'm on it! Thanks Kristi:flowerforyou:
  • MikeyKeith
    MikeyKeith Posts: 9
    Options
    I joined!
    Lets do this!!
  • bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great website...thank you so much for all the hard work you are putting into this.
    Truly appreciated.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just started my blog to help keep me accountable!! Having taken the before pictures makes me want to work out and go hard because I can't believe I've let it get to this!!
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know I set my goal for the 5wks at 8lbs down. Its a pretty big goal. I leave for camping that day so I pray I will make it. I would be really really happy with even 5lbs. Nothing less. LOL

Good luck ladies! We can do this! I wrote my goal on my frig so I can see it every time I get a snack or something to eat to remind myself!!!
  • Nycalimom
    Nycalimom Posts: 1
    Options
    im in :happy:
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I look forward to losing with all of you!!!
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a pain but I have tried again from my home computer and I still am having problems. I did google it and it sends me back to mfp. I copied the site and pasted it. Still no luck.
  • Jenz5729
    Jenz5729 Posts: 3
    Options
    I want in on this!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I think this is the first time I have ever filled & gone over the water glass counter on MFP!! Tips were helpful - sounds goofy but using a straw did it for me!
  • kacione
    Options
    :wink: :smile:
  • kacione
    Options
    I hate to be a pain but I have tried again from my home computer and I still am having problems. I did google it and it sends me back to mfp. I copied the site and pasted it. Still no luck.

Finallly got it to work. Website looks fantastic. You have put a lot of work into this.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    happy-friday.gif

FRIDAY MAY 20TH - DAY 5! "STAYIN ALIVE! - AND UNDER CALORIES

CHALLENGE/TIP
    Alot of us have been saying how hard it is to stay under calories and eat healthier, especially on days we don't exercise. So how can we stay under calories? Eating healthier, fuller snacks is the key. Instead of fruit juice or fruit snacks, eat real fruit! Eat veggies instead of chips and eat smaller portions. Today's goal is to STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIES FOR THE DAY.

MOTIVATIONAL SONGS OF THE DAY
    1. STRONGER - Kanye West http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG50h6ajBDg
    2. EYE OF THE TIGER - Survivor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE
    *All songs will be added to our ipod on the new website!

SHARE YOUR SECRETS TO SUCCESS:
    What are ways you stay under your calories? Share some of your healthier snack options.

Here are some secrets I've heard:
    1. Downsize your dinner plates. Studies find that the less food put in front of you, the less food you’ll eat. Conversely, the more food in front of you, the more you’ll eat — regardless of how hungry you are. So instead of using regular dinner plates that range these days from 10-14 inches (making them look forlornly empty if they’re not heaped with food), serve your main course on salad plates (about 7-9 inches wide). The same goes for liquids. Instead of 16-ounce glasses and oversized coffee mugs, return to the old days of 8-ounce glasses and 6-ounce coffee cups
    2. Bring the color blue into your life more often. There’s a good reason you won’t see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.

SHOUT OUTS
    BIGUPS to ALL our new joiners!!! You gotta add me as a friend then message me your start weight to join. WE HAVE ADDED OVER 30 PEOPLE IN THE LAST 24HOURS!

STAY MOTIVATED: VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • farewellantic
    Options
    Awesome! I am definitely in!
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :love: luv this site :glasses: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    SNOW PEAS are the greatest snack!!! and what a filler!!!!

if you can find them...they seem to go so fast....there on sale now and EVERYBODY wants
    them...if you havent tried them....do it friday you will see they are FANTASTIC..

Happy Friday and good luck
    Its going to be hard to stay focused over the loong weekend..... wish me luck!!!

xo