BATTLE OF THE BULGE SUMMER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!! - Whose

Options

Replies

• momzybaby
    momzybaby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you. I am weighed in Monday for 160. What other information do you need from me to join.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    As far as water goes, I keep a 24 ounce bottle at my desk at work and strive to keep filling it and drinking it. I usually average 80 ounces a day. Weekeds are where I am not as vigilant with water intake, but I'm working to be more aware and change that.

As far as motivation goes, I draw strength and motivation from others here on MFP, and their success tends to also feed my motivation. However, ultimately, it's on me. I still have to WANT to keep going and I still have to do teh work and stay motivated. To that end, when I find myself being discouraged, I remind myself of how far I've come, how much I've overcome and the end goal - which is to be healthy and live longer.
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is the best and most motivational challenge I have come across. Great work. I am so here until the end.
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    would LOVE to get in on this if still able to...sending you my current weight :)
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    TOM hit like a MacTruck today. I feel ill and could not work out this am. I dont' work tonight tho, so I will be sure to hit it hard this evening.

I find it difficult to stay motivated. I work 2 jobs, soon to start a 3rd. I have two 17 y/o kids and a boyfriend. I FINALLY got my kids on board to healthy eating and that helps!! But the BF is different story. He is VERY supportive of my exercising, but grew up on a ranch and FIRMLY believes that healthy eating consists of chicken fried steak, grease fried pork chops, hash browns, gravy, etc. He thinks that as long as you are active, you can eat that way. He loves to cook and is always bringing me his creations. I don't even know where to begin to log them. We constantly disagree about nutrition. He went so far as to do the 30 day shred video, continued to eat all his grease and carbs, and lost weight. Of course you are going to see changes if you ADD exercise into your daily routine. It does not mean it's okay to eat that way. So.....we continue to disagree. HOWEVER, he did buy me yogurt to eat at his house. Baby steps, right?

All of you motivate me though. I LOVE to read all the success stories and the NSVs. Thanks to all of you and thanks for this opportunity to lose weight with a GREAT BUNCH of people!!

Jackie
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    I have AMAZING MFP friends. They keep me very motivated. One thing I have also found very helpful is to keep sticky notes around my house, in the car, and at work. My sticky notes say things like "You can do it!! 160 by July 21,2012!!" Or some others have inspirational quotes. When I feel as though I'm too tired to exercise I sprint up a flight of stairs. This boosts my energy level so I'm able to keep going. I also tell some of my friends about my lifestyle change (NOT diet). Public accountability has kept me in check and motivated!
  • bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge, all the inspiration you all give and hearing all your ups and downs. Definitely makes me feel like I am part of a team!
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    update.jpeg

I recruited a couple people who just joined MFP last night...and that little spread to alot...we are now over...

100.gif members!!! please remember to add me as a friend and message me your starting weight unless you just want to start on Monday.

We also have a few guys in the group now...:bigsmile: so I want our motivation and tips to be inclusive! We have people all over the world, all ages, races, weights, goals, and cookyness levels :wink: so since today's mission is "man in the mirror" this one's for our fellas...

Look in that mirror and say: I'VE GOT TO BE A MACHO MAN! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ok I am totally in!!! I will send you my stats :)
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love how on-task and inspired you keep us!! Looking forward to this challenge! :)
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is great! I love having a place to go check in! I have spin class tonight after a little abwork. I feel motivated!!!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yay! I want to join?
    Do I just post my weight on Monday then? I don't have a weight for this week yet.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Yay! I want to join?
    Do I just post my weight on Monday then? I don't have a weight for this week yet.

1. add me as a friend
    2. send me your weight so I can log it (or wait until mon to start up to you)
    3. check here daily (I'll remind on my status page <which you will see when you are my friend> when I put updates, new rules, or the daily post (all will have an image of update, rules, or the day of the week so you can easily find it)
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I took before pictures about a week ago and I can't wait to see the after's at the end of this challenge! :D

As far as motivation goes, when I'm feeling extremely unmotivated to work out I hop on the success stories section and look at all the awesome photos there. After that, I just force myself to get up and do it. In the end, the main motivator HAS to be yourself. You have to do this for yourself otherwise you're most likely not going to stick it out.

Some days are going to feel really crappy and you'll try to make a million excuses but that's the most important time to buckle down and do it. I really didn't want to work out last night but I had my fiance give me a pep talk. I ended up getting on that elliptical and working harder than I've worked since I started MFP.

Also, if you're having trouble getting your water in because you don't like the "taste", try to ease it in by having 1 bottle flavored and another unflavored. Slowly phase out the flavored water over time. This is how I increased my water intake and it took quite awhile but it worked. I used to easily drink 5 diet sodas a day and no water whatsoever. Now, I probably have a couple diet sodas a week and the rest of the time I drink water, sometimes flavored.

If you can't afford bottled water and your tap water is unfiltered, I suggest the Bobble water bottle; http://www.waterbobble.com/
    I use this and it makes my water taste SO much better, it's much easier to get my required drinking in and I always go over the amount needed.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! This is going to be such a great motivator!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I wanna join! I failed at my last challenge after only a week :embarassed: Not this time! I've sent my friend request.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    If you can't afford bottled water and your tap water is unfiltered, I suggest the Bobble water bottle; http://www.waterbobble.com/

Cool idea!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    update.jpeg

We're up to 110 members AND GROWING! and I need to better systematize how new members get added (if people don't follow the rules it takes up ALOT of my time - I have a job you know!) :tongue:

While MFP tries to fix things up to make it easier on us, I HAVE A SUPRRRIISEEEEE (in Oprah voice) :laugh: ....drumroll please....

A NEW WEBSITE!!! www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge

This is where I will house:
    1. ALL THE RULES
    2. A QUICK LINK TO OUR BLOG/FORUM/whatever this is called (someone said it was too hard to find us every day)
    3. Our daily songs (yes, the web site plays them all so you can listen at work if you can't access youtube)
    4. The SPREADSHEET will be there for viewing each week (its wayyy to big now with 100+ peeps to post in our blog)
    4. I even got some motivation from the US President (and a senator/former presidential candidate - had to represent the Dems and Republicans...sorry they didn't have a Sarah Palin to use for all my Tea Partiers)
    AND MORE!

No excuses now!!! Between MFP and that site you have all the motivation you need!!!! Bookmark the web site and you should be good to go! :happy:
  • journey2size10
    Options
    website looks NICE..you are putting in some hard work doing this and it is very much appreciated! Today was my first off meal (two per week) and I kept calories @ maintenance! thats a first for me!
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Mon 16th SW=168