FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 2!!

Options
124»

Replies

• NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D2. It started raining just as I hit cool down - perfect timing!
    Also hit a stitch in the side, but powered through it and it went away after a few intervals.
    The rain here has set me back a bit (Typhoon went through during week 1), but still plugging along!
    We can do this! :glasses:
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Ready for Week 3 :)

Suppose to be high 70's/80's here so thats whether for some serious calorie burning, Ohhh yeahh :)
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd run of the week. I didn't feel quite as good as the 2nd run, but better than the first. I don't feel quite ready for week 3. But, I didn't feel ready for week 2 either. But, my plan is to go for week 3, and if it proves to be too much, to try a hybrid week, alternating week 3 and week 2 runs. So I'll feel like I'm reaching for week 3, but not over doing it.

I have to confess, the last time I tried this, I never made it past week 2...I just switched to interval running...figuring I wasn't cut out to be an endurance runner. Well, I still don't think its my forte, but I want to challenge myself, so I'm determined to stick to it this time. Even if I am a turtle.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Did Week 3 Day 3 yesterday. This is my second time doing this and it is a lot easier, which surprised me. Definitely not a problem to repeat a week. Just keep doing it.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    @Those moving on to Week 3: Do you guys want me to go ahead and create a thread for Week 3? I'm not on it yet but I can make a thread for it, or if you're fine with staying on the Week 2 thread that's ok too :smile:
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow. Yay! I'm really excited about it! I don't mind just posting on the week 2 thread or maybe call it Firerunners week of 5/23 instead of the C25K week we're doing? It doesn't matter to me :wink:

Also, for those having trouble, how fast are you running? Remember it's not about speed yet! If your run is a slow jog, (like mine) that's okay! Work on completing the run and worry about the time later.

Happy running!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    As far as the thread...whatever you decide is fine with me.

And as far as running slow...I'm way ahead of you. If I ran any slower, I'd be jogging in place...
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Well as of today, this group is closed, so I think I might make another one (Week of 5/23) and call it a "closed" thread from now on.

Here's the link to the new thread--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247145-firerunners-closed-c25k-group-week-of-5-23

Also, for myself, I'm going to change to doing my C25K on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays; seems to work better with my lifestyle. :smile: And don't worry about jogging slow; it's when I run too fast that my heart rate goes too high, and that's not good... You need to be safe with this and not push yourself too hard...
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I somehow hurt my back. I can't run like this, so I think I might have to do Week 2 again after it heals. : (
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday, I have done wk 5 day 1 & i was very surprised i managed to do it even though i was so tired from the day i had. I went for an interview & i have heard back today that i got the job.