Diet soda is NOT evil

Options

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    No. A can of diet soda shot them in an alley as we were leaving the theatre. That's why I'm so dark and brooding all the time.

smiley-char076.gif

Nice. :)
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    So... at BEST diet soda is not AS BAD for you as people make it out to be. I certainly don't see a source -- and wouldn't expect to see a source -- saying that diet soda is good for you.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    LOL! My goodness! This is just like different diet plans that people argue with one another for which one works best! This is the internet you are going to find info for both sides of the arguement! If you are looking for things that tell how diet soda is bad for you, you are going to find it and vise versa. Everytime I want to get on the message boards someone brings up a topic that you either agree of disagree. I thought this site was for support and motivation! Not debates! So good luck to everyone and go talk to a health care professional in person to find out what is correct!
    There is nothing wrong with getting information out there. Debates are healthy I believe. People can take the information and do with it what they will.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    No. A can of diet soda shot them in an alley as we were leaving the theatre. That's why I'm so dark and brooding all the time.
    Now THAT is a warning label I'd like to see.

I'm trying to get these warning labels on diet soda but it seems that I am the only one this has ever happened to. I won't give up, though. I'm trying to save lives.

LMFAO! That is the best thing I've read/seen today!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Have you actually tasted diet soda? I'm pretty sure that alone makes it evil.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    So... at BEST diet soda is not AS BAD for you as people make it out to be. I certainly don't see a source -- and wouldn't expect to see a source -- saying that diet soda is good for you.
    I am not saying it is GOOD for you. But people saying it is going to kill you for X reason just may not have the right information.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Have you actually tasted diet soda? I'm pretty sure that alone makes it evil.
    Just finished of a 44oz diet mt dew about an hour ago. firedevil.gif
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    dont get me wrong, i think its amazing that yet another person has learnt the art to being able to copy text from a range of sources, and pasting them into one post on this forum

just a shame that the text copied appear to be from quie one sided sources

all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water
    i guess you didnt read about the girl 2 years ago who corroded through her entire stomach wall with diet soda - ended up everything she was eating and drinking was leaking into her body and her liver ended up failing

lets see how many more people this happens to when they truely belive they too can drink as much diet soda as they wish with no side effects
    One sided? You mean the NYTimes? CBS News? Cancer.gov? You're right. I guess I could have just posted all my propaganda from Pepsi.com

OMG! Another NY Times article that talks about how bad it is! Like OMG again!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/nutrition/05symp.html
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    dont get me wrong, i think its amazing that yet another person has learnt the art to being able to copy text from a range of sources, and pasting them into one post on this forum

all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water
    i guess you didnt read about the girl 2 years ago who corroded through her entire stomach wall with diet soda - ended up everything she was eating and drinking was leaking into her body and her liver ended up failing

lets see how many more people this happens to when they truely belive they too can drink as much diet soda as they wish with no side effects
    smiley-scared002.gif
    excited.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gif

Rule number ONE. EVERYBODY DIES.

wait, WHAT?! dammit!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    moderation is good i drink 14 cups of ice green tea a day so the diet pepsi when i drink it is sooooo goood. :laugh:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Now you troll the streets of Gotham as a caped crusader looking for evil diet sodas in the act.
  • sandyw127
    Options
    :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband works for a major cola bottling company that is not Coca Cola. Not naming names. :wink:

There have been a few dangerous pallets of exploding 2 liters, but so far, no fatalities. And even though one bottle exploded between my husband's legs and shot upwards, everything is in perfect operating condition.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Gah! That's awful! Regular mt. Dew is bad enough. Lol

to be honest, if I found a diet soda I liked, i'd probably have it every now and then. I've just never found one that didn't taste strange to me.
  • binary_jester
    Options

One sided? You mean the NYTimes? CBS News? Cancer.gov? You're right. I guess I could have just posted all my propaganda from Pepsi.com

OMG! Another NY Times article that talks about how bad it is! Like OMG again!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/nutrition/05symp.html
    Two articles in agreement...holy crap it is a conspiracy! secret.gif
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Gah! That's awful! Regular mt. Dew is bad enough. Lol

to be honest, if I found a diet soda I liked, i'd probably have it every now and then. I've just never found one that didn't taste strange to me.
    What got me was Mt Dew throwback. Holy moly.

But that Pepsi throwback is evil. Yum.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Stop it! You guys are sucking me in! And I don't even care! LOL!:drinker: For the record I am drinking water in one hand and DP in the other! But I didn't say it was good for me!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Now you troll the streets of Gotham as a caped crusader looking for evil diet sodas in the act.

Someone has to do it. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time just standing around, looking at my watch. You would be surprised at how infrequently cans of diet soda get up to no good.
  • binary_jester
    Options

Someone has to do it. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time just standing around, looking at my watch. You would be surprised at how infrequently cans of diet soda get up to no good.
    I was hoping you shot cans of diet soda in some sort of launcher...turning a tragic event into something positive.
  • sandyw127
    Options
    My husband works for a major cola bottling company that is not Coca Cola. Not naming names. :wink:

There have been a few dangerous pallets of exploding 2 liters, but so far, no fatalities. And even though one bottle exploded between my husband's legs and shot upwards, everything is in perfect operating condition.
    lmfao glad all is working good.