Does anyone ELSE have a hard time seeing a 20lb difference o

Options
13»

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I can only tell because of the way my clothes fit ( and the number on the scale) but my co-workers say they can really see it. Funny thing is, I never seen myself as 'fat' either when I looked in the mirror, only when I saw pictures of myself.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    At first I couldn't. Now, that I have side by side comparison and was blown away by that, I see it when I look in the mirror. When I smile my cheeks aren't huge. I mostly notice my arms, but that is because my sleeves are so big on my arms now. You'll start to see it soon. Just keep truckin', hon!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33 pounds and like everyone else, I really have trouble seeing any difference in myself when I look in the mirror or look at pics. But, I can definitely tell a difference in the fact that my clothes are fitting much looser nowadays. Too bad for all of us that this is the way it seems to be, but maybe someday we will have a truer pic when we get to goal and look at the before and after pics then. Good luck to all.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did not think 25lbs looked like much till I had pics side by side. Here are mine. There is definitely a difference!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/603817-my-25lbs-gone-pics
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm 3lbs away from hitting the 20lb mark and I see a little. I notice it in my jeans and shorts. When I get out of bed, my shorts literally just fall right down and they used to be very snug on me. Now, I can pull them away from my body by almost 2 inches. I'm almost swimming in my jeans too. My shirts on the other hand...still fit EXACTLY the same. I feel like I'm losing my *kitten*, not my boobs! I want to lose some of my boobs! Just a little though! :)
  • marie_8888
    marie_8888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've read all of your posts over and over last night. I feel the exact same way, I've lost 27lbs since last summer (12 since I started using MFP) and I only see the 20 or so that are left to lose. Of course my clothes don't fit me anymore but I see no difference and when I say that everyone gets mad. I see a change in my before and after photos but I still feel as fat as I used to feel. My mother is so exasperated that she took me shopping today for my birthday and forced me to try the most extreme things she could find (neon color jeans, snake print dress and shorts (I have shorts phobia)) and I finally saw a difference. I'm still well aware of the extra pounds but I was finally able to celebrate. You should all try that!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm down 16 to date and cant tell when I look in the mirror but I have been taking progress pics and can absolutely see it there when I put them side by side! Huge motivator! 20 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Keep up the good work!!

21891345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!