hello..i'm trying to save a life..(mine)

Options
john60644
john60644 Posts: 18 Member
I'm new here and I'm 29 yrs old, i weight more than 500lbs

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    good luck xx
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site really works. Eat your calories, don't rush to cut down too quick. Post anytime you need a but of help or advice this forum can be very helpful and supportive. Good luck :)
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi John, so you have a bit of work ahead of you. This is by far the best place to set goals and focus on them. There are lots of people on here that have lost well over 100lbs - get started, do whatever exercise you can each day, even if it's a short walk, before long you will be able to add a minute or two, and as you start checking your calories in/out you will see pounds dropping off

Best of luck,

David
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone ,never expected such a quick response,love the support u guys provide
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi John

Welcome to MFP it’s a great place to come for support. I too have a lot to lose you CAN do it although at times it will be tough and you will feel that you can’t.... We all feel like that at times...

Feel free to add me as a friend....

Lucy
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. Lots of great people here to help support and motivate. Congrats on step one by signing up! As david said above, you have LOTS of steps ahead of you...now you have an entire support group to take em with you.

Best of luck!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you can do this, I'm positive you can!!!
    It will be a hard adjustments at first with the change of food & introduction to exercise prepare to wake up some sleeping muscles... But once you start & keep it up, the results will be so worth it. A friend at wprk used to weight 450lbs & now is down to 130lbs, so this can & will get done, you need to ask yourself, who's important?

Answer: yourself
  • 13marta
    13marta Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there. So happy you are doing something about it. Just remember you did not gain weight over night, so dont expect to lose it over night either. Just work on it. Eat your calories, move your body, and drinks lots of water. You will see the pounds come off. Sloowly, but surely. Good luck.
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
    You are in the right place for help and support. Have a look thru the forum posts and add people who seem supportive and the kind of people who you believe will support you thru your journey.

You will definitely be more successful with a strong support network around you and MFP id the place to find that

It works if you work it
    Gem x
  • 13marta
    13marta Posts: 8
    Options
    Feel free to add me as your friend=)
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp and feel free to friend me:)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi John! Good luck on your weight loss. This is a great site and the people on here are awesome! They'll give you all the support you could possibly want! It'll be tough but if you just take it a day at a time you can do it. Feel free to add me if you'd like, we can all use a little more support and motivation!
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    Well done on taking the first step :) You can do this... it might seem tough at first but as you start losing you will see its totally worth it...Fell free to add me as a friend and if i can support you in anyway i will :)
    mandy
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome & good luck!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey
    welcome! This site is great and there are are heaps of people happy to help out with questions and for support. Feel free to add me as a friend :) goodluck!
  • lizcraft
    lizcraft Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep up the positive attitude. You CAN do this journey, and the help of many people on MFP will keep your spirits up and keep you moving in the right direction. I was 275 lbs when I joined, and have lost 15 pounds so far. I weigh myself every other day now and post when I weigh in. I also write down EVERYTHING I eat and drink. If it goes into my belly I write it down. I am accountable to myself for diet and exercise. I also shop at the cheapest places for food. I make sure that if I am tempted I do eat it but only in moderation. I choose my path to follow and I stick to it. I may sway every once in a while but I do stay on track 95% of the time.

I am on MFP every day at least 5 times a day, and I have posts to me sent to my email so I will write back asap to you. Just make sure that you make an eating plan to start out with, planning what you eat will help you. Even if it is a daily plan to start out and not planning by the week. You will stay on track. If you are bored get out and walk around your yard, or walk stairs. 30 minutes a day is good for exercise.

Chicken in bulk is great. Baked is very healthy for you. Add lemon pepper for flavor and cook up in advance. I use Teriyaki and put the chicken in a pan and cook it on the stovetop. I don't use butter at all except on toast, and it is just enough to flavor it. Then when you make up a salad just use a portion size of the chicken and cut it up in small pieces and put it over salad. I do lettuce, tomato, chicken, bacon bits and italian dressing. If you cook things in advance it is there for you and you always have something to eat.

Also keep fresh fruits and veggies for snacks. Carrots and ranch, sliced tomatoes, celery and peaniut butter, Orange, Banana, cucumber. Those are some very healthy snacks to keep you satisfied. Also you need to eat every 4 hours. That way you are not hungry. I was told by a personal trainer that if you eat every 4 hours you get youir metabolism going and burn more fat and calories.

Any time you want to talk let me know. Are you on Twitter? I am. I love to twitter a lot. If you want to talk I am here for YOU. TTYL
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey & Welcome! This site is really the best & the people on here are awesome!
    Good luck on your goals! & feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey John,

As like everyone else,i would like to welcome you to the site.Well done for posting on the forum,thats your first battle won and im sure you will just keep on winning now.
    As has been said add as many friends as you can for support.We are all in this together and the daily support is both motivational and eductaional as you can pick up some great tips on exercise and food.
    I really wish you good luck for the days ahead and best wishes in achieveing all that you set out to.
  • marj972
    marj972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome to the best thing I ever did for myself. I wish you great sucsess and encourage you to reach out to the people on this site who can really understand your hard journey. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Chat me up to help cheer you on:) Good Luck!