hello..i'm trying to save a life..(mine)

Options

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Kudos for wanting a change. It takes a strong person to decide its time for change.

You will find a large variety of things here, keep an open mind, and don't let it get to you, you will do FANTASTIC!

Just remember, where you are right now is a stop on the trip. It isn't permanent.

I like to think of the journey like a train. We start in one place, have several stops along the way, but we always make it to our destination!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    MFP is a magical place where we learn good habits and make some very real connections with people who cheer us on along the way.

Friend me. I'm ready to cheer you on as you begin this journey. In fact, I hope you friend everyone who has offered to support youBefore long this site and everything it involves will become a habit.

Good luck! You've got this!
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying is sometimes you don't get a second chance to make a choice. You have made a choice and by choosing to take action, you will see results. Good luck to you on your journey. I'm new to Mfp, too. Friend me if you like, I look forward to watching your success.
  • Jaco1974
    Jaco1974 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You will get there. Take it one day at a time.
  • lucky828
    lucky828 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Luck John! I just joined also and together anything is possible :smile:

Lucky828
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!! Like other's have said, this is a great site for support and also a great site to help you lose weight. I love the android app they have. I have my food diary wherever I go! As long as I remember to keep my phone charged! HAHA! If you need a friend you can add me. I have about 70 lbs to lose, but we can help motivate each other. *smiles*
  • rockinfree
    rockinfree Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey John, good luck! I just joined about a week ago, and have also added you :)

One thing I recently started is listening to the Fat2Fit podcast, and I've learned a LOT from their shows -- definitely check it out! It's available on iTunes and their site, http://www.fat2fitradio.com.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    you are awesome John and I know you can do it!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I wasn't as large as you are but I was 425 five months ago and today I'm 318... You can do it too!
    1. Be honest about serving sizes...
    2. Be honest about exercise...
    3. Track everything...
    4. Enjoy the weight loss... because you will lose!
  • sahrahmarcus
    sahrahmarcus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wel all have goals to meet big or small, good luck stay motivated:smile:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, my friend. Good luck and we're all here for ya.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Originally posted 05/15/11

james-franco-eyes.gif
  • lamcnutt
    Options
    welcome...........this is a great place to help yourself and stay focused! add me as a friend if you like........
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Remember you didn't get to this point in one day and realize it won't take one day to fix it. Take it one day at a time. I personally found little exercise goals worked best for me at the start. Always ppl here willing to help:flowerforyou:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Originally posted 05/15/11

james-franco-eyes.gif

hahaha yeah....... um....:huh:
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Dude, welcome. The weight will come off. I was up to about 400lbs at the start of last year. When I joined this site I was 370. Just track everything that you eat or drink, and I mean everything. When I did that, I was shocked by how much I ate, and it was no problem to eat less. I have not cut anything out of my diet, and probably eat for to many "bad" things. But be honest about your weight and lifestyle when setting up your profile. Every time you drop weight, adjust your goals on the site. Set an easy goal of 1 pound a week. It is so much better to exceed your modest goal, rather than just miss a more lofty one. If I can do it, so can you!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    thanks for bumping an intro thread from MAY of 2011
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hullo? Johnnie? Oak Park Johnnie? You still there?
    John60644?
    Seems, according to his profile, that he has still never been kissed.
    So glad to have been of help.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    thanks for bumping an intro thread from MAY of 2011
    Might be worth calling in a welfare check to see if he's okay. :frown: