EEK - 142 lbs down! I can't believe I'm showing anyone these

Options

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing. I can honestly say I would recognize you either. I really hope you feel as good as you look, cuz you look amazing.

Thank you for sharing you success with us.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thanks for your inspiring words.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You look amazing !! Wow Conrats !
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Amazing job!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic :drinker:
  • steffiluwho
    steffiluwho Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you rock!!!!!
    you are a true inspiration
    :)
  • ldmccoy3
    ldmccoy3 Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW! Awesome! I am amazed, impressed, inspired and hopeful! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! And also for showing anyone struggling to lose weight that it takes hard work and will not happen overnight.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    You haven't just lost weight, you've lost YEARS!

Not surprised people don't recognise you, well done, you're an inspiration. :smile:
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Beautiful!! You are just glowing!! :happy: I'm so happy for you!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    So I finally got the guts today to dig out some old "before" photos and compare them to recent pictures. I guess now I can understand when people who haven't seen me in a while say that they didn't recognize me! I hope I did this right and the pics show up.

Here's the before. This was taken in April 2009, about six weeks after I decided that I really needed to make a change. In this photo I was probably around 330 lbs. My heaviest (recorded) weight was 342, but I was probably really pushing 350+ at my worst.

April2009.jpg

I can't really call this an "after" pic because I still have at least 30-40 lbs. to go, but I was so happy to fit into my Size 14 tight jeans and FM heels last night! I made my husband snap this picture before I went out on the town with my GBH (props to anyone who figure that one out). For the first time in years - maybe ever - we were out dancing and I didn't feel self-conscious!

May20112.jpg

To everyone in search of the "magic weight loss secret" who has ever asked "how did you do it", the answer is simple even if it may not be what you want to hear. Stop mindlessly eating, stop eating junk, control your portion sizes, exercise, stop making excuses! I started by walking around the block with my dog. Less than 1/2 mile in and I'd be wiped out. Now we walk 4-6 miles a day, I bike, swim, shred and do everything else I've ever wanted to do. Even though I've been on MFP for over 2 years, I'm just getting into the community and would love to have more friends. Please feel free to send me a request if you'd like.

Oh I'm so glad to finally see these pictures!!! You look incredible and have such a beautiful face, can't believe it's taken u this long to post pictures.

You should be so proud. You look amazing!
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing, and so happy. :D
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you are beautiful!!! Such a pretty face! Massive congrats on your achievement....such an inspiration :o)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration you are. Love your smile!
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome - in the sense of I AM IN AWE.

You have done a lot of hard work, and you have gotten in touch with the real YOU. I'm glad you've stopped with the excuses and just done the work.

I admire you for that, and I'm glad you're getting healthy and staying active. I'm sure your family is glad for you, too.

Keep up the good work for yourself (which is always #1) and also the work you're doing so you can be around your amazing family.
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and so happy! What a fabulous accomplishment!
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!!! Beautiful!! Inspiring!! Amazing!!! and then some...
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's awesome!!!!!! Feel free to add me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!