Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Dogs are playful.
    Cats are snobs.
    Dogs are big enough to use as a pillow.
    Cats lick your food that you have high up on the counters.
    Dogs protect you.
    Cats poop inside, Dogs poop outside.
    Cats steal your soul while you sleep.

Conclusion. Dogs are obviously better.

On the other hand,

Dogs obsess over THE BALL
    Dogs will not. leave. you. alone.
    Cats are lap warmers who don't smell bad.
    Dogs will knock you over for the hot dog.
    Dogs poop outside. Which means you gotta come home to tend to them.
    Cats may steal your soul while you sleep, but dogs will bark so you can never sleep.

It's all in what you want, right? :laugh: For 20 years I had dogs. Cats may be less of a "Let's go somewhere" kind of friend, but they are far less demanding.

More like a peer than a child.
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Then my cats are dogs and my dog is a cat. :frown:

The cats come when they're called. The dog... sometimes he'll look at me. :laugh: And he is well-trained and obedient. He just finds me rather useless unless I'm feeding him or taking him for a walk.

Your dog is a selfish user! Not all dogs can be great. I'm sorry :(
  • javarushed
    Options
    My kids are 6 and 7 and brought home their first 'pet' this weekend..it's a fish..that is how I feel about pets...LOL:indifferent: :ohwell:

The conversation has seriously been :
    can we please have a dog?
    NO
    a cat?
    NO
    a bunny?
    NO
    a hamster?
    NO
    a fish
    Mmm...OK

See they wanted a Dog first. I knew dogs were the best :D
  • javarushed
    Options
    Cats are way better, they clean themselves, exercise themselves, look after themselves and don't bark at anything that moves...I love my cat and dislike my dog immensely! :laugh:

The dog only wants to protect you. Even though he/she knows it upsets you to bark, it still chooses to do it for your sake. Now that is love :D
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    My kids are 6 and 7 and brought home their first 'pet' this weekend..it's a fish..that is how I feel about pets...LOL:indifferent: :ohwell:

The conversation has seriously been :
    can we please have a dog?
    NO
    a cat?
    NO
    a bunny?
    NO
    a hamster?
    NO
    a fish
    Mmm...OK

See they wanted a Dog first. I knew dogs were the best :D

My 6 yr old daughter LOVES dogs...every time she is with friends and sees a dog I hear the same over-exagerated "Awwwwwww'
    It doesn't move me a bit
    I grew up with 4 huge sheepdogs..I have been scarred....enough said:tongue:
  • javarushed
    Options
    I have both.....yes dog different than cat in many ways but both give me unconditional love. About the poop...dog goes outside leaves poop anywhere I have to pick it up....cat poops and covers it up...cleaner to pick up.....dog begs for food when I'm eating....cat eats his own food and never jumps on counter......both cat and dog greet me lovingly when I come home....both cat and dog never ask if the laundry is done, if dinner is done, or "what the h _ _ _ l I did all day". , both cat and dog cuddle and keep me warm at night.

You forgot about the "steal your soul" part :D
  • javarushed
    Options
    Cats poop inside, Dogs poop outside.

you obviously dont have Yorkies

They are protesting something! Did you ever ask them why they are doing this?
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105428 <~~~ Hahahaha I need not worry about that...I havent been a virgin since... Wait you thought I was going to tell you?? Bahahaha :tongue:
  • javarushed
    Options
    Haha nah...both are right!

Watch out a rodent is about to eat your icecream!
  • javarushed
    Options
    Dogs are the GREATEST, but I like cats too.............I would have a whole zoo if my hubby would let me.

IMG_20110315_105152.jpg

Nice dogs! Once more to add to the family :D
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Dogs will always protect you. I have a small pug and he won't let anyone come near me. He'll bark his head off.
  • javarushed
    Options
    While cats lick your food, dogs are strong enough to pull down the food and eat the whole thing.

If they lick the food you might as well throw it away anyway, so might as well let the dog eat the whole thing at that point. The problem is that they stealthy lick your food and sometimes you end up eating it anyway!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Dogs will always protect you. I have a small pug and he won't let anyone come near me. He'll bark his head off.

I thought that's what kids are for.??
    LOL
    I call my 6yr old my little pit bull..won't let anyone near me w/ out a fight..LOL
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I thought that's what kids are for.??
    LOL
    I call my 6yr old my little pit bull..won't let anyone near me w/ out a fight..LOL
    LOL. I don't have kids so my dog's the one who protects me.
  • javarushed
    Options
    On the other hand,

Dogs obsess over THE BALL
    Dogs will not. leave. you. alone.
    Cats are lap warmers who don't smell bad.
    Dogs will knock you over for the hot dog.
    Dogs poop outside. Which means you gotta come home to tend to them.
    Cats may steal your soul while you sleep, but dogs will bark so you can never sleep.

It's all in what you want, right? :laugh: For 20 years I had dogs. Cats may be less of a "Let's go somewhere" kind of friend, but they are far less demanding.

More like a peer than a child.

You have many valid points and I almost said lets agree to disagree until that last line there. "Cats may steal your soul while you sleep, but dogs will bark so you can never sleep." The dog was only trying to wake you up before the cat stole your soul in that case :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Cats are better. No question.
  • javarushed
    Options
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105428 <~~~ Hahahaha I need not worry about that...I havent been a virgin since... Wait you thought I was going to tell you?? Bahahaha :tongue:

lol see cats are so snobby that they will only feed on virgins! Dogs will hump anything.. Even a leg.
  • javarushed
    Options

Ah nice I have a pug as well and plan to get a boxer in a couple years :D
  • javarushed
    Options
    Cats are better. No question.

^ lies
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    2 boxers, a pug and a foster pitbull.

Dogs rule. however not when they hog the whole couch, or steal all the blankets. :( not then at all.

22710520932820908725410.jpg