Dogs > Cats Discuss!

Options

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Cats are better. No question.

^ lies

Whoever told you that...i am sorry but...they were NOT a true friend!
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    2 boxers, a pug and a foster pitbull.

Dogs rule. however not when they hog the whole couch, or steal all the blankets. :( not then at all.

22710520932820908725410.jpg

lol 3 seats, 3 dogs seems fair to me. Move your meat you lose your seat. Its only fair. They are a member of the family after all :D Nice dogs btw!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    2 boxers, a pug and a foster pitbull.

Dogs rule. however not when they hog the whole couch, or steal all the blankets. :( not then at all.

22710520932820908725410.jpg

lol 3 seats, 3 dogs seems fair to me. Move your meat you lose your seat. Its only fair. They are a member of the family after all :D Nice dogs btw!

3 seats...4 dogs. :( My loss.
    but yeah, they are quite awesome <3
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love my dog. He's my life. I hate cats, but they tend to like me, against my will. I think they're trying to warm up to me to steal my soul. I'll have to post a picture of my dog.

He's a 135lb bullmastiff. He lets me lay on top of him. Not just a pillow, but I lay my entire upper body on him and cuddle up to his neck. We even spoon sometimes, LoL. He runs with me, and on days that I don't take him for a run, he's rambuncious and whines, begging to go - he's my motivator. And when I'm doing Jillian Michaels in the living room, he's right there next to me, trying to eat my feet (squat crunches and plank jacks are his favorite) - or he's quietly "encouraging" me from the couch...unless he starts snoring.

He is the most adorable bundle of drool EVER and I don't know what I'd do without my little monster. :-D
  • javarushed
    Options
    I like everything about the above post :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    On the other hand,

Dogs obsess over THE BALL
    Dogs will not. leave. you. alone.
    Cats are lap warmers who don't smell bad.
    Dogs will knock you over for the hot dog.
    Dogs poop outside. Which means you gotta come home to tend to them.
    Cats may steal your soul while you sleep, but dogs will bark so you can never sleep.

It's all in what you want, right? :laugh: For 20 years I had dogs. Cats may be less of a "Let's go somewhere" kind of friend, but they are far less demanding.

More like a peer than a child.

You have many valid points and I almost said lets agree to disagree until that last line there. "Cats may steal your soul while you sleep, but dogs will bark so you can never sleep." The dog was only trying to wake you up before the cat stole your soul in that case :D

:laugh:

I don't need a soul if I'm dead from no sleep :yawn:

I love both - for diff reasons.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I love them both,but prefer cats.they aren`t as much work as dogs.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Cats also don't drool all over everything in creation.

I like both cats and dogs, but for me, a cat is just far easier to handle and more comforting. My cat can snuggle me to sleep without making my whole bed stink.
  • javarushed
    Options

touché
  • cmriverside
    Options

touché

was . . . . that . . . .capitulation? cat.gif
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Dogs are OK, but need soo much intervention!

Cats are intuitive...When something is wrong, they glue themselves to you to make sure you are OK. They don't take as much room on the bed, they don't need an audience when they poop, and they Don't need you to bath them everytime they go outside. They Also don't need you to play fetch with them...

Cats are better!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My dog is a high maintenance, hyper active spazz!!!!!

She is lucky I love her so much :)
  • javarushed
    Options

lol

As long as your use of the word "capitulation" meant "a set of terms or articles constituting an agreement between governments" and not "the act of surrendering or yielding" I'll go along with agree to disagree :D You continue to bring up many valid points, but my mindset hasn't changed and I still favor dogs over cats anyday :D
  • javarushed
    Options
    Dogs are OK, but need soo much intervention!

Cats are intuitive...When something is wrong, they glue themselves to you to make sure you are OK. They don't take as much room on the bed, they don't need an audience when they poop, and they Don't need you to bath them everytime they go outside. They Also don't need you to play fetch with them...

Cats are better!

I feel a wave of cat lovers are taking over this thread. Calling for more dog loving reinforcements!
  • cmriverside
    Options

lol

As long as your use of the word "capitulation" meant "a set of terms or articles constituting an agreement between governments" and not "the act of surrendering or yielding" I'll go along with agree to disagree :D You continue to bring up many valid points, but my mindset hasn't changed and I still favor dogs over cats anyday :D

It seems lately that "a set of terms or articles consistuting an agreement between Governments" is the same thing as "the act of surrendering or yielding."

We have reached impasse. It has been fun :flowerforyou:
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is an winnable debate! Cats and dogs tie. I had one of each until we lost our cat last week - had to put him down (sniff, sniff). I've always had a cat, so it's tough now. However, we'll wait a month or two and start shopping for a new one. Meanwhile, dog is fun to walk with and snuggles with me. Cleans the plates well, too, saving water. :)
  • javarushed
    Options
    It seems lately that "a set of terms or articles consistuting an agreement between Governments" is the same thing as "the act of surrendering or yielding."

We have reached impasse. It has been fun :flowerforyou:

haha an impasse would describe this perfectly. Yes it has. Another debate for another day :wink:
  • javarushed
    Options
    This is an winnable debate! Cats and dogs tie. I had one of each until we lost our cat last week - had to put him down (sniff, sniff). I've always had a cat, so it's tough now. However, we'll wait a month or two and start shopping for a new one. Meanwhile, dog is fun to walk with and snuggles with me. Cleans the plates well, too, saving water. :)

Sorry to hear that ;/ Cats and dogs tie seems to work. I guess it depends on what type of "friendship" you are looking for at the time :D
  • javarushed
    Options
    Can you classify a small dog as a awesome cat? I always considered my ugly pug (Grunt) to be so ugly that it is cute. I felt that way about my persian cat (Capone) that I had years ago :P
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Cats amuse themselves. Dogs get neurotic and chew up your shoes if you leave them alone.
    Cats don't have to be let out to do their business (you have to clean up either, litter box less icky than poop bags)
    Cats groom themselves. Dogs need baths or groomers.
    Cats can be amused and played with using string, paper shopping bags, boxes, or anything else. Dogs generally require chew-safe toys.
    When you are sick, a cat will curl up next to you and purr you to sleep. Never seen a dog do anything like that!

Yep, I'm a cat lover. Don't hate dogs, but I know my limitations, and they are way to high maintenance for me!