Challenge Group (New Members Welcome!!!) 5/16-5/22

Options
loveme445
loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
This thread is one in which a new fitness and dietary challenge is posted each week. The challenges begin on Monday. Lets keep this rolling!

Here are the challenges/format to post for this week: (ANY one can join in at ANY time!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

FITNESS CHALLENGE:
Walk up 35 Flights of Stairs this Week (Approx. 1050 Steps). That’s an Average of 5 Flights a Day.

How are you going to accomplish this challenge? Take the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator and/or Try the StairMaster.

FYI: A flight of stairs is categorized as a set of steps reaching from one floor to another in a building. The usual amount of stairs in "a flight" is around 30, though it differs widely (answers.com)

DIETARY CHALLENGE:
Consume at least 5 servings of fruits/vegetables each day.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the format to post your updates and track your progress: (can be copy/pasted to post daily, weekly, whenever!)

MON –Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
TUES – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
WED – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
THU – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
FRI – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
SAT – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #
SUN – Flights of Stairs: ## ~ F/V: #

Total Flights of Stairs: ##/35
Total Days Meeting F/V Goal: #/7

Good luck! :drinker: (water)

Replies

• kaylor908
    kaylor908 Posts: 42
    Options
    Bump
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Dont have any steps, not even at work. ops never mind
    I have basement steps!!! Im in :smile:
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    Totally doing this with you! Thanks!
    And I thought my stairs were a flight...but there are only 15 steps! So I guess two trips up them will be one flight! Amazing what you learn each day!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    sounds like another great challenge!!!!

Thanks, :flowerforyou: Pam
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Woo! Great idea! I need those fruits and veg back cause I've been low the last 2 days, and I'm just thinking, where did all my F/V go! Maybe I need to go shopping...

I love the idea of stairs! My apt. has stairs, and there's about 20 steps/flight and not that many flights, but it'll do. In my old apt. there were 19 floors, and it would have been AWESOME to climb to the top! I meant to, but I never did it. I had difficulty getting up 6 flights!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I am in for this challenge! The only stairs I have are the ones going down stairs. That is 14 steps so I will do two trips to every flight.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    OPPS....Double post
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great! Count me in.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I totally bailed on last week's with being sick and getting the puppy lol. SO, I will be joining the fun for this one! fruits and veggies-perfect for me getting back at it! And I guess I will be doing the stairmaster a couple times this week since I rarely EVER need to go upstairs haha.
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    This week's challenge will definitely push me more than last week's. Moving into different territory is always good.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the stairs. I have a story and a half house - will go up and down the steps. Not sure about the Fruits/Vegetables - can't manage my sugar counts well on those yet. Still trying to figure that out.
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i'm in:)
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind but I like last week's challenge and I didn't get to do it (newbie here). So i"m opting to due that one instead.:tongue:
  • thinkthin13
    thinkthin13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New here and love the idea of a weekly challenge, I'm in!
  • joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in... this will get me motivated to get to the gym in the morning! And I need to up my intake of vegetables. :)
  • momoftheyear
    Options
    I would love to join. I have stairs in the house that I'm up and down with my toddler quite a bit, I'm curious to see how many flights I'm currently doing and how much more would equal 5 flights a day.

I'll have to stock up on fruits and veggies at the grocery store tomorrow. I definitely have a harder time getting my veggies than fruit.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Count me in.
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Innnn !!