Twenty Pound Somethings Week 8

Options
Well, I thought I'd kick things off before bed.

I'll have to fill the weigh-in out in the morning but here's to a GREAT week!

Kristin, how was the weekend away?? How did you do? Eager to get back on for a good week??

week 1: 201lbs
week 2: 197.6 lbs
week 3: 195.0lbs
week 4: 194.8lbs
week 5: ?
week 6: 189.6lbs
week 7: 190.2lbs
week 8: _________

goal weight: 181
lost so far:
lbs to go:

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, I thought I'd kick things off before bed.

I'll have to fill the weigh-in out in the morning but here's to a GREAT week!

Kristin, how was the weekend away?? How did you do? Eager to get back on for a good week??

week 7: 190.2lbs
    week 8: _________

lost so far:
    lbs to go:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey all,
    Down 2lbs this week! 214lbs today.
    Got to go to class but just wanted to check in real quick..Ill be back later for a longer post!
    Hope everyone's weekend was GREAT!!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hi guys since I found you all 1/2 way through your challenge I am only striving for a loss of 10 pounds.

Week 7...161 (3 pounds loss)
    Week 8...160 (1 pound loss)

Goal for this challenge...154
    Good luck everyone!!!

29631.png
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hi, hope everyone had a great weekend and stay OP the best they could.
    i lost 2 this week. just finished my treadmill, now off to shower and get ready for the day.
    watching hannah this week, since i live just outside charleston.
    hope everyone has a good week.
    chipper
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Here's my check-in:

week 7: 187.2lbs
    week 8: 184.4lbs ... 2.8lbs lost!! :bigsmile:

lost so far: 16.6 lbs!
    lbs to go: 3.4 weehaaa :bigsmile:

I didn't get to do my menu last night so I'll do that in a bit. Have a great day all!!
  • katyk08
    Options
    Okay so HI again guys :)

Way to go Pedal, basically 3lbs that is AWESOME!!!

Great job to you chipper as well and to our newest member F_r_F great job these past 2 weeks!

Where is Kristin?? Cmon girl, we are wanting to hear about your weekend!!

So yes, this week was a 2lb loss for me as stated earlier. Down to 214lbs now.

Week 1: 239
    Week 2: 233
    Week 3: 229
    Week 4: 226
    Week 5: 222
    Week 6: 221
    Week 7: 216
    Week 8: 214
    Total loss so far in this challenge: 25lbs!

I am only 15lbs away from being UNDER 200lbs...!!! Havent seen that on the scale in about 5 years!! And I am only 19lbs away from my halfway point to my main goal!!!! Im hoping to have this met in about 5 weeks hopefully...that would be an avg of about 4lbs a week! But realistically I will give myself 8-9 weeks which is about 2lbs per week.

So anyway today has been okay:
    food: bfast: egg whites and fiber 1 cereal with skim milk
    lunch: healthy choice soup and 1/2 sandwich or a small salad
    dinner: not sure yet!
    snacks: none yet, but if i do it will be a banana and fiber 1 bar
    exercise: 30 day shred dvd on level 1, tennis or walking later on this evening

Let me tell you guys..that shred dvd is AWESOME! I did it last night for the first time on level 1 and it kicked my butt lol.. I thought I was gonna faint! I wore my HRM and it said I burned 290 cals while I did this dvd. I HIGHLY recommend it! I am going to do it everyday, even on "off" days. I will do about 30 min of some other cardio along with it on my normal days. The workout goes by super fast to, you dont even have time to check the clock lol. Its great! :smile:

So I will check back in again maybe later or tomorrow..Have a good one everybody!! We are all doing great!!! :smile:

:heart:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Gang,

AWESOME for both of you; Katy & Pedalhound, actually everyone in the group so far has had a good week.

I am thinking about getting a new exercise DVD. Maybe the turbo jam or what is that shred DVD?

I have to admit I fell off the wagon for the whole weekend. I am up 1 pound. I really have to learn how to deal with birthdays, vacations, holidays, weddings, etc. :ohwell: Now, my sugar cravings are back. Not too bad, I hope I can hold out.

I have been keeping up with my exercise. I really hope next week I can report at least a 2 pound loss to you, that would be a total of 4.

Today:
    1: Cinnamon raisin english muffin w/ 1 tsp. smart balance, & 4oz. O.J.
    2: 1 softshell taco shell W/ chicken breast, salsa, & peppers
    3: 2 Peaches & fiber one bar
    4: Kosher hot dog Lite, veggie bake
    5: skinny cow ice cream sand.
    6: skim milk & fiber one bar

Exercise: 25 min. walk

Have a great day!:happy:
  • katyk08
    Options
    Hi Gang,

AWESOME for both of you; Katy & Pedalhound, actually everyone in the group so far has had a good week.

I am thinking about getting a new exercise DVD. Maybe the turbo jam or what is that shred DVD?

I have to admit I fell off the wagon for the whole weekend. I am up 1 pound. I really have to learn how to deal with birthdays, vacations, holidays, weddings, etc. :ohwell: Now, my sugar cravings are back. Not too bad, I hope I can hold out.

Thanks Deb :)

The Shred is awesome..its a circuit style exercise dvd combines strength, cardio and core training. It is awesome..Just finished my 2nd day on it! it only takes like 25 min with the cooldown.. Works your butt off and there are 3 levels you can choose from - 1 being the easiest (ha!) and 3 being very intense. I started on 1 yesterday and I will proly stay there for about 4-5 more days then MAYBE try level 2 lol. Its hardcore, but you feel great afterwards! Supposedly you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days if you do it every day, depending on the intensity you choose. Its hosted by Jillian Micheals from the tv show The Biggest Loser.

I also have a Gold Gym exercise dvd, core training with exercise ball that I like and try to do 3x/wk . I like Leslie Sanson(not sure on last name) walking dvds..."Walk and Kick" kickboxing, and 1 mile walk and 2 mile walk dvds I have from her. Id like to try her Walk and Jog dvd as well, but gotta wait til my shin splints get better! Those are good dvds for lazy days when I dont want to go to the gym or the park.

I will also be tempted in the next few months with bdays, weddings and all that. My daughters bday is next Monday, the 8th..my grandmothers is later this month, my sisters and another friends bday next month and November is a very close friends wedding..plus the rehearsal dinner and all that that go along with it.. Fun Fun!! Then comes Thanksgiving and then Christmas and then I will be on vacation for a week after Christmas..!

You are doin good Deb, just keep up the hard work and you will start to notice changes :wink: Food choices and exercise will get easier too the longer you keep at it!! And every now and again a bad day or a bad weekend wont erase all the progress you've made :smile:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I have to second what Katy said, Deb. A bad day here and there won't ruin everything as long as you remain on point most of the time. I was actually thinking about this today after I weighed in. There have been a couple of times in the last couple of weeks that have been tough (you'll remember one of them with my very frustrated post!) and this morning I was making a mental note of the fact that since overall I keep things in line, I'm still seeing great results consistently. That is SO important to remember. This whole thing is so long-term that we have to remember to see it that way.

I was also thinking about the holidays in a few months and how that will be such an interesting test for my new way of life. In fact, THE test will be these things called chocolate oat bars. My mother has made them Christmas Eve only for my entire life and they are heaven on earth. I'll have to come up with a good game plan to avoid having all I want of those!

My children have their birthdays a month before and a month after Christmas and mine is in October so this will be a steady season of temptation! But right now I feel good about it. I'm so excited that it looks like I'll complete this challenge successfully!! In theory, I could hit 20lbs lost in the next 2 weeks. But you never know when the dreaded plateau monster will rear its ugly head!

Food for today has been SO TASTY!

1: egg white omlette w/ spinach & cheese & salsa plus 1 slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast w/ fruit juice-sweetened raspberry jam
    2: left-over brown rice spaghetti w/ no sodium tomato sauce w/ organic peppers and bison, 4 fig & olive raincoast crisp crackers, 1 "health nut veggie nut cluster" (they're made of seeds, nuts, cocoa nibs, raw cocoa powder, kale, carrot, spinach & dates. All raw, vegan, SO tasty)
    3: 1/2 slice of bread w/ hummus & grated cucumber (picked yesterday - wow flavourful!!), luna bar, 1/2 protein shake
    4: Homemade spinach basil sweet potato soup, Ezekiel no sodium bread w/ 2 tbsp hummus, 1 organic soy ice cream sandwich

I notice that it seems like I've always got this massive list of foods and many of you have much shorter lists... how many cals a day are you guys eating? I know exercise calories factor into it but my net calories are 1210 a day. Today's actual calories are almost 1800 because I've got a high intensity work out to do. Just curious.

Well, off to meet my husband at work so he can take the little ones to the park while I tear it up at the gym!

Good evening my friends :happy:

Oh, Katy - I LOVE the Shred dvd. Such a fun workout and I like that you don't take breaks. Like she says, no time for breaks in a 20 minute work out!! That and turbo jam are good ones to have for those days when you're low on time. 20 minutes is really doable!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! I'm baaacccckkkk!!! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Me...it was GREAT! But I am SO scared to get on the scale and I think I will wait until next Tuesday. So...we will see. I did get down to 164.5 on Friday morning before we left. But I KNOW I gained...I can feel it. I really didn't think I did too bad foodwise and I went running in the mornings, but drinks killed me I think...mudslides, margaritas,...you name it, I had it! And the last day there we had some nachos for lunch...stuffed ourselves. The ride home we ended up getting fast food and ice cream, and the last night went to my parents to get our dogs and ate a huge dinner...and I now feel horrible...bloated. Plus...today we have a work lunch (no idea what it is) and tomorrow we have a work outing to an indian restaurant for lunch...more bad food. But I am going to the gym tonight for a 1/2 hour run and 1 hour BodyPump class. So...hopefully I can bounce right back and weigh in next week at a lower weight.

Sounds like you are all doing well! Keep it up!!! I will post a little later with the meal plan!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Great to see you back Kristin! Well, it does sound like a festive weekend and I'm glad you had fun! It can be hard to break out of the patterns from a few days of big departure from your healthier eating routine but you can do it. You'll find a way to survive the work lunches too :drinker:

Well, my very best friend since childhood arrives today to stay with me for a month so I'm not sure how often I'll get on here but I'll still check in for sure!

Today's meals:

1: egg white omlette w/ spinach & cheese & salsa, Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast w/ fruit juice sweetened jam, health nut raw vegan nut & veggie cluster

2: spinach basil sweet potato soup, Ezekiel sodium-free bread w/ hummus

3: fig & olive raincoast crisps w/ low fat baba ghanouj, luna bar

4: protein shake

5: homemade bison meatballs w/ brown rice & homemade tzaziki, 1 cup broccoli, 1 organic soy ice cream sandwich

I'm doing a brand new advanced cardio class at my gym tonight as well as teaching stroller fitness this morning so I've got lots of calories to eat! Well, off to the day! :bigsmile:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    I notice that it seems like I've always got this massive list of foods and many of you have much shorter lists... how many cals a day are you guys eating? I know exercise calories factor into it but my net calories are 1210 a day. Today's actual calories are almost 1800 because I've got a high intensity work out to do. Just curious.

My calories are around 1200 a day, but I usually go over approx. 200 so I am really eating about 1400 per day. Of course, I don't think I work out as hard as most of you. Do you find that the calorie count seems way to low on some of the foods when you put them in your daily menu?

Today:
    1: mini-wheats, skim milk, & strawberries
    2: PB& J, & skim milk, & 3 toblerone mini's I was craving & so hungry after my workout
    3: california kitchen pizza 1/3 of hawiian (not to bad on cal.)
    4: canteloupe
    5:popcorn

30min. aerobics & 30 strength at community center
  • PedalHound
    Options

My calories are around 1200 a day, but I usually go over approx. 200 so I am really eating about 1400 per day. Of course, I don't think I work out as hard as most of you. Do you find that the calorie count seems way to low on some of the foods when you put them in your daily menu?

I keep within my calories so my net is still 1200. I guess it's partly the foods I choose. I have added most of my foods myself to the list, sometimes because it isn't there yet and sometimes because the values seem off or incomplete so I do my own research to get accurate info.

SLOW around here lately!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey...yeah...I usually have a longer list too...seems like it anyway. My net is 1200. Today we had burgers for lunch with some asian slaw and baked beans. And then some ice cream...yum...but now I feel sick to my stomach. Depending on how I feel, I may go home early and skip the gym...we will see...seriously is bad! MAN! I just can't win!!!!:explode:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I think this time of year is a big test. A long weekend heads into months of holidays and that return to cooler weather that gets our hibernating thoughts going.

Well, lots to do this afternoon before my friend gets here!!

:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah...tis the start of the season! My stomach is seriously tossing and turning right now. But I might still try and get to the gym. Just have to see how the day progresses. If I don't go, I will forsure be over in calories again today...something I didn't want to do. SO frustrating! And SO scared to weigh myself...but I am waiting until next week and hope for the best! I am happy though because I know it's way easier for me to work out in the winter months...seems like there is nothing else going on and going to the gym is super easy! But...holiday eating is always a challenge! I'm going to conquer it this year!!!! I think tonight I might make myself some motivational lists!

Goal for next Tuesday...weigh in at 164.5 pounds, my post vaca weight.

I CAN DO IT!!!! Just need to get through today!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope its okay if I join you. :) I just joined this site a few days ago and I am totally committed to losing about 43 pounds. So it would be great to have a realistic challenge, like this one. :) So since I'm coming in half way, I guess my goal should be 10 pounds, but I'm going to have a goal of 180. :)

As of this morning I was 192.8lbs....EEK....
    So 12.8lbs is what I"m looking to lose. :)

I'm not sure how you guys work...if someone would let me know I'd be happy to follow suit. :)

thanks.

Cassidy!
  • katyk08
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope its okay if I join you. :) I just joined this site a few days ago and I am totally committed to losing about 43 pounds. So it would be great to have a realistic challenge, like this one. :) So since I'm coming in half way, I guess my goal should be 10 pounds, but I'm going to have a goal of 180. :)

I'm not sure how you guys work...if someone would let me know I'd be happy to follow suit. :)

thanks.

Cassidy!

Hey Cassidy

We check in every Tuesday under a new post with our current weight. We are trying to lose 20 something pounds in 13 weeks. We are on Week 8 now, and you have plenty of time to try and make your goal :) Welcome to our group, we were a larger group but week by week we started losing pple so now there are just a few lol. We post everyday or whenever you want, and share our foods, exercise and such for the day. Enjoy and happy losing :wink:
  • katyk08
    Options
    So Hi everyone!!

Kristin- WELCOME BACK!!!! Sounds like you had a GREAT time!! Im jealous! lol Dont worry about your weight too much, you proly didnt do much damage if any! Just drink lotsa water this week to help flush it out :)

So today:
    bfast: luna bar
    snack: med banana
    lunch: shishkabob veggies(about 1 cup) and beef about 4oz
    snack: fiber one bar
    dinner: sushi..california rolls and maybe some healthy choice soup.

exercise: 25 min on elliptical and 5 min cooldown walk..burned 338 cals. Gonna do my shred dvd in a few minutes so that will be another 300 or so cals burned.

Yesterday for dinner was shishkabobs, and then I did my shred dvd and also went for a 25 min walk and jogged a lil which burnt about 258cals.

I have a HRM now and Im loving it lol..Its much more accurate than on here and at the gym. I would recommend everyone who doesnt have one to get one to keep more accurate count of cals burned in exercise!

So I will check in again later on before I go to bed :)

:heart:

Katy

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    Options

thanks.

Cassidy!

Well...we start a new thread each Tuesday where we post our new weight and I have been posting mini-goals for the upcoming week. Then we usually post daily with our meals and exercise to kind of keep each other in check and motivate one another! This week is weird so far for me...I was on vacation since last Friday and just got home yesterday. Today I had a work luncheon and so my meals were not so good...and not I feel horrible and may not make it to the gym. I'm leaving work here in just a little bit and might just take it easy tonight. But...I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow!!! Our indian-lunch was canceled so I can bring something and get back to the norm!!! YAY!!!!

Have a fabulous evening friends and I'll talk to you later!

Cassidy...welcome! Glad to have you join us!!!

Katy and Pedalhound...thanks for the kind words! I missed you guys these past few days!!!