Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options
So, after reading about another short girl's success in losing weight, I wanted to create a group for those of us who are vertically challenged (and therefore find it harder to lose weight and see such big differences when we lose even a little of it). I myself am 5'3" and need to lose about 25 pounds. Feel free to post inspiration for each other or successes/failures or thoughts!

Hope to see this take off as a motivational group for us shorties! I tried to find a group like this but if I just missed it, then PLEASE move this thread or delete it, etc.

:-P

Replies

• webb1103
    webb1103 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello at 5 1 I totally know the struggle of weight loss. I am ok in the waiste dept its the thighs that I cant shake.... more lunges..... :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    5ft even here ..Im in ..I would love to join this thread...maybe we could have challenges?
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 feet tall....a fellow shorty....I am a part of a shorties group on this site....but you can never have too much motivation.....
  • sherri64
    sherri64 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi , im 5 foot and all middle! LOL need to lose 25 -30 pds and diabetic!
  • uglierthanyou123
    Options
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    5'3"
    CW: 144
    GW:135 (or so--we'll see when I get there)

I've got a couple races coming up, so i could definitely use the motivation to keep training!
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'3" and I have a really hard time noticing it too but Ihave seen some success stories on here of some who have lost and they look great they are great inspiration for me1
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    4'11" and needed to lose about 9-12 pounds, wasn't 100% sure since I gained so much muscle working out.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for creating this!!! We have it sooooo hard! But it's time to realize our true potential as the little bombshells we are! :wink:
  • aliciagrace89
    aliciagrace89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im vertically challenged!
    21 and 5 foot 1 inch!!
    i weigh 218lbs right now but i hope to get down to 160 by Christmas time.
  • janerapentiah
    janerapentiah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" :)
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5 feet tall, and I am with you! It has always killed me that I can say that I want to lose a few pounds and people act as though the tiny amount I mention is insignificant. On my frame, 5 pounds is a pants size. That's a big issue when some of my friends are closer to 6 feet tall. To make matters worse, I weigh 140 lbs., and I am a size 6 or 8. People look at me cross-eyed when I say I need to lose weight. 140 is nearly obese for someone my height! Ugh....
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    5"3' and currently 146 pounds, started at about 152 pounds.. want to get to 128.. or around that area at least. I have to be able to do it this time!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    heh, sign me up - 5'4" as long as i stand really straight. my scale is not cooperating at the moment but i've dropped 18+ give or take, still have at least 20 to go. Very true that 5 pounds on us "shorties" is vastly different than 5 pounds on someone taller. :grumble:
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    5'2 here! I have about 41 lbs to go. There's always room for more shortie threads on the site I'm sure. XD
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    5'2 here.
    I have a question!
    My waist goal is 25 inches.
    But I've seen some tall people with that goal (5'5")
    So... should I be aiming for something smaller?
    24 seems okay, but 23 sounds completely out of my league.
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    5'4 here. I need to lose about 10-15 lbs.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2" here!! Still around 20 lbs to go!
  • susanmary88
    susanmary88 Posts: 37
    Options
    Oh I want to join :) Im 5 3 and want to lose about 40 lbs! Ive only lost 3 so far...but its a start, haha!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    5'3" starting at 144 need to get to 125... and am having zero luck.