Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options

Replies

• dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2 and almost at my maintenance weight so it can be done for us shorties! Just hard work and determination =)
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I'll be 29 on Saturday, and I started this quest 2.5 years ago at 330.8 lbs. Currently, I'm 215.6 and would love to lose another 60-70 lbs or so :bigsmile:
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love this link! It's so hard to lose weight since we already eat less than normal-heighted people. My problem is that I have an athletic 6' husband, and I forget that I can't eat the same junk as him. Instead of measuring out my portions, I would just compare them to his.....even half of the amount he was eating was too much for me!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'2" and a half here. Yes, I'll keep that half inch, thankyouverymuch!

15 pounds down, about 10-15 to go.

Who else has trouble buying jeans? I HATE buying jeans. My thighs and butt are bigger (size-wise) than my waist, and then on top of that I'm short, so nothing ever fits right :(

OOH Me too my bottom half is bigger than the top half. I have a hard time buying jeans cuz my butt is so big there is a gap in the waist. I don't like that at all!! All the pants tend to be too long fo rme too. Or the jeans are tight from my thinghs to the knees then they loosen after that.

Same here... I'm a shade under 5'4, and have the same tight jeans from thigh to knee. But I always have had big legs, even when I wasn't carrying so much weight. I've lost 9 so far, have another 80-90 to go to get to 140. Can I join??
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hi , im 5 foot and all middle! LOL need to lose 25 -30 pds and diabetic!

def understand the all in the middle its the diabetes im insulin resistant myself lol 5ft 3 sw:182 cw:143 gw:125 still all middle though....
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Woohoo representin' the short guys!

5'4" here, although during my most recent physical, the nurse said I was 5'3 1/2" *cry*

Current goal is to lose about 20lbs which would get me to 170. From there I'll re-evaluate. Back in 2007 I had gotten as high as 256. At 5'4", it was certainly no bueno.

Lowest I've been is about 150, but that was 15 years ago in my Navy days.

So uhh, I'm the only guy here? >.> <.<
  • alrd69
    alrd69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok.... shortie it is 5 even... Never had weight issues until i turned 40...
    I should be at 110, so need to loose 15...
    Honestly, excersice whenever I feel like it... but will do abs every day (about 100)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    4'11.5 (every bit counts :blushing:) I'm within my maintenance range (107-112, cw 110) but am concentrating on my bodyfat composition and trying to reveal some abs.

I don't have any issues exercising, I just have a healthy appetite and love food :love: lol!

Good luck to everyone!
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 1" and loosing hope that i'll ever make a difference with my diet! i'm trying to loose over 10lb... add me please :):) xx
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I'll be 29 on Saturday, and I started this quest 2.5 years ago at 330.8 lbs. Currently, I'm 215.6 and would love to lose another 60-70 lbs or so :bigsmile:

That is fabulously done! I definitely admire your commitment and your beautiful smile.

I'm 5'4" and a 36 year old stay at home mum of 2 little ones. When I started MFP in January I was 217, and I'm now in the 170s. I've not set a firm goal weight, because this is the lightest I've been in my adult life, so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be. I'm hoping to get a check-up with my doc soon and get his input (I also have thyroid issues and want to make sure I'm on track with my meds).

Because I've been obese for sooooo long, I never thought I could lose weight, and I'm surprising myself just now. Looking forward to getting fit with all the other shorties!! And feel free to friend me if you want additional pokes and prods from a fellow shorty.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am 5' 4" on a good day ans have been since the day I started secondary school.
    I have short legs, so every pair of trousers I buy I need to get turned up.

I am top heavy so my body blends into my assets!
    I have just had a NSV with a new bra for the first time ever in a smaller size back and cup - usually I go bigger as the makers had brought out a cup size closer to what I actually was.
    I am now a 36JJ (:blushing: ) with underwires that sit where they are supposed to, heres to another part of the journey.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options

That is fabulously done! I definitely admire your commitment and your beautiful smile.

I'm 5'4" and a 36 year old stay at home mum of 2 little ones. When I started MFP in January I was 217, and I'm now in the 170s. I've not set a firm goal weight, because this is the lightest I've been in my adult life, so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be. I'm hoping to get a check-up with my doc soon and get his input (I also have thyroid issues and want to make sure I'm on track with my meds).

Because I've been obese for sooooo long, I never thought I could lose weight, and I'm surprising myself just now. Looking forward to getting fit with all the other shorties!! And feel free to friend me if you want additional pokes and prods from a fellow shorty.

Oh my gosh, I was so shocked by the similarities in our stories. Good job on all your hard work!
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I posted my goals in the initial post when I created the thread, so HERE they are!

CW: 145ish
    GW: 117-125 (I like having a range I feel comfortable with :-)

I work out five days a week using cardio dvd three days and strength training two days. In addition to that, I walk 10,000 steps a day and I do martial arts (hapkido) one to two times a week. Saturdays I still wear my pedometer, but I don't workokut in addition to that. On Sundays, I REST.

Foodwise--I follow the No S diet which is No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds except on days that start with "S" (i.e. Saturdays, Sundays, and "Special" Days). I also eat whole grains in place of white flour stuff most of the time and I try to get vegetables, fruit, and yogurt in every day.

Good luck to all of you! Thanks for helping to make this threat successful!

P.S.--I don't have a scale, so I have to sneak and weigh in at my in-laws' house. My husband doesn't want me to have a scale in our house because he doesn't want me to focus on numbers all the time but how I feel about myself (he's a sweetie). So! Next time I get to weigh at his parents' house, I'll update my weight loss. :o)
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • masys59
    masys59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just discovered MFP last week and it has been very helpful. I'm 5'3 and 52 years old and the weight has found a comfy place around my middle and thighs. Being on the shorter side does make it harder for our good results too show, unfortunately when the weight creeps up it shows up immediately-not fair! It's nice to share with all of you out there.
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Hmmm. Let's redefine the challenge: An hour of activity a day that CAN be broken into smaller increments of exercise (ex: 15 minutes of walking plus thirty minutes of cardio later, + 15 minutes of some other exercise etc.) Does that make sense? How about that? It of course can be any exercise you like so long as it is either strength training, cardio work, or stretching. :o)

Sounds good!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Let Me In!! So 5'2 here, ok you win I am really 5'1.5'' but I always round up! :embarassed: Anyway I way around 155 now and my goal weight is 125, 120 just seems so far away!! I know that losing 5lbs has made an incredible difference in the way things are fitting now, but it seems to come back so easy :sad: Hopefully we can all find something that gets us to our goal weights, I have never struggled with my weight before and man this sucks...:ohwell:
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I am so happy this group exists :) I am 5'3" and currently weigh 156.8 pounds. I gained quite a bit within this past year, so I am doing my best to drop that weight and get beyond my previous weight too! But goodness, I am glad to know that other shorties work and work and barely see any results! I carry the majority of my weight in the butt, hips, thighs region and it is such a pain to try and get rid of it, I am glad we have a little support group here :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love this link! It's so hard to lose weight since we already eat less than normal-heighted people. My problem is that I have an athletic 6' husband, and I forget that I can't eat the same junk as him. Instead of measuring out my portions, I would just compare them to his.....even half of the amount he was eating was too much for me!

Me too!!! My husband is 6'1" and he is an auto tech and has a completely athletic body!! Boo him cause I want to eat all the foods he eats but he just burns so much so quickly he stays really skinny and toned and I just pack on the pounds....
  • iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'1! I love being short, but would rather not be the short and chubby one! Still have a lot of weight to lose though!